Is there a really con to using a belt

is there a really con to using a belt

Other urls found in this thread:

strengtheory.com/the-belt-bible/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If you're lifting 4pl8 then none at all.

No, I use my belt when do it curls and it helps me keep my core super tight.

Also helps with pushups, let's me keep a straight back.

Sometimes I have feeling that I don't have enough air with belt

if you're using it right then there really isn't much despite the rambings of autists and their magical arbitrary number on when to wear one

since we have a thread on belts now anyway, can we get a flamewar going on which belt is best? I'm currently quite DYEL but I think eventually I'll want to get one

I use it on 2pl8 squats and 1pl8 ohp.

Belts allow you to use more weight on lifts like the squat and deadlift.

Some respectable strength coaches think they're essential, others think that beltless training is a good idea.

they help when you're going for lifts harder than you'd normally go for.

i train beltless but realistically i can put up more with a belt on. 25-50 on my squat and dl.

core breaks down without one, which is why i train core and get used to squatting without a belt, which ironically i can do more of with a belt.

use it if you want and as long as you remain out of snap city that's all that really matters, right?

Belts have their purpose. Alan thrall's view on belts is what I agree with. Use them if you want, but don't be a bitch and rely on them/skip certain lifts because you forgot it

Only in yourself conning yourself out of lower back gains

D E V I L I S H
E
V
I
I
S
H

Wearing a belt allows your muscles to contract harder. Same way your legs work harder to shove a loaded barbell with 200lbs up from the squat than a broomstick.

No cons at all, you're cucking yourself out of gains by not having a belt.

Rip recommends all lifters use a belt on their work sets regardless of the weight being used.

You're just not that devilish. Sorry.

Not your lower back muscles tho

Okay..

HOWEVER

I use mixed grip and chalk on 3pl8 deadlifts.

Lock me up!

You'll get used to pressing your abs against something, so they'll be a bit weaker.

It's not something that's noticable untill it causes pain and then you fix it.

I've used mixed grip and chalk on 0.5pl8 deadlift.
While my max was 4.5pl8.

I use straps on sub 8pl8 deadlifts..

>we're all devilish now

HA! I've used straps on 2.5pl8 deadlifts
It was for 15+rep sets, done 30 seconds after 2x20+ on squats.

>can we get a flamewar going on which belt is best?
I really like the belts from best belts.

wrong. your abs will be stronger from working harder. that's one of the main reasons you wear a belt.

>[citation needed]

If you want to get into strength training, get a belt, and use it on sets that are 80% or higher if you are new. If you are experienced you can use it whenever you feel like.

If you are a faggy bodybuilder there is really no point unless you like heavy DLs or squats(which are really pointless for fagbuilders)

its literally the current year this bait doesn't work anymore

you should regardless of the weight.

so you don't go snapcity

>regardless of the weight.

"no"

you look autistic and try hard

Inzer
Titan
Wahlander
SBD
Best Belts

Are all good.

get the velcro one from dicks

perhaps if you're an olympic lifter

elsewise you look like a noob/dyel

Cheers for the advice guys!

its way bettor then leather belts tho cuz you can adjust it perfectly.

It's horrible actually.

Not thick or rigid enough to actually give you support. You might as well be beltless. If you're worried about getting your belt tight enough, buy a lever belt and then never buy another ever again.

they are nowhere near as tight as anyone who isnt a bodybuilder would need

oly lifters are fine with them however cause they cant be blocked up by a huge inzer belt in a snatch

>and then never buy another ever again.

until your lever snaps

nah fuck leather. the dicks 1 helped me ded 4pl8s and im just a tiny teen

I got an inzer 10mm single prong and it's great, very expensive though

>10mm

literally less rigid for barely any less money

Then you buy another lever. You're dumb sometimes, friend :^).

>4pl8 deadlift
>impressive

Lol

I use a Velcro belt AMA

assuming you dont do oly lifting, how does it feel knowing that everyone serious about lifting smirks at you and thinks you're a noob

strengtheory.com/the-belt-bible/

get BTFO

I do that too
>warm up set: 45 lbs x whenever I feel like im ready
>warm up set 2: 95 pounds x whenever i feel like im ready, steady drop down, turn head to side mirror make sure theres no buttwinking at the bottom, xplode up
>warm up set 3: 135 lbs x same as set 2
>warm up set 4: 185 lbs x 8
>put weight belt on
>lmao2pl8 x 5
>lmao2.5pl8 x 5
>lmao 3pl8 till failure (normally 2 or 3 repperinos)
>then pyramid down for reps

Same idea with when i diddly except i put the belt on at 2.5pl8 I go to a pussy gym anyways so whenever someone hits 3pl8 everyone makes comments like 'heavy weight bro, whats your routine' so i dont feel like an equipmentfag

The best belt is the one that costs 10 bucks because you're gonna lose it eventually

Nice bro. I like to start with the 45 lb and work my way down to that tight 2 and 1/2 pounder

>implying
Negro first off i want my lower back two be 3rd behind hamstrings and glutes on """muscle activation""" when I squat, and when i diddy I can feel dat der back pump.

If you don't properly brace your core during the lift and then rely on your belt to brace for you then you will have incorrect form and injure yourself, a beginner lifter doesn't need a belt.

I think you should learn how to squat and deadlift well, maybe go to some weightlifting (oly) gym and ask someone to check your form or just join. It's pretty much a stupid idea to go beltless before you have a strong core because, squatting at least 3 pl8 beltless should be going well before you squat with a belt, because if your core is weak you'll keep that weak core or at least don't grow it accordingly and it fucks you up later

You shouldn't turn your head when squatting or deadlifting, doesn't matter how much weight

All working sets should be done beltless. Maxes should be done beltless if you can

If you aren't using a belt for your max, it isn't your max.

The belt can't brace for you, it's a dead piece of leather. If you can't brace without a belt you probably can't brace with a belt.

>if you aren't using something outside of your body for something that is about seeing how much your body can possibly do, it isn't a max

>if you aren't using something outside of your body for something that is about seeing how much your body can possibly do
So the only real max is a naked bodyweight squat?

No, because your clothes don't affect your lifting on large enough of a scale to matter

Okay so here's the thing.

Something that adds stability doesn't directly add to your lift. You are still doing all of the work yourself. Wrist wraps add stability, a belt adds stability, weightlifting shoes add stability.

When it isn't your true max is when you have stuff that directly adds elasticity, like a suit, knee wraps, a slingshot.

>Cheating and using a t-shirt in squats when real men scrape off their skin with the knurling
We call men like you "softies" at my gym since you all have soft women skin on your back and delts.

>using stability that isn't yours
>BRO IT'S STILL MY MAX
kek

>the DYEL doesn't understand it's not lifting the weight for you

Is good knurling on the bar cheating?

>this dyel uses a belt for his 2 plate squat

>implying

I have a 475 squat.

No

Talk to me when you hit 5 plate atg