Planet Fitness hate thread/stories?

Planet Fitness hate thread/stories?
I always find those too fucking hilarious and they make me feel better about my shitty gym.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WiuijKJP38o
youtube.com/watch?v=SbK3wWpWNto
youtube.com/watch?v=gp8nC40A-E0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

youtube.com/watch?v=WiuijKJP38o

>tfw you get kicked out of planet fitness and roid rage

What the fuck is this? I'm from the UK, is this like a McDonalds gym?

>McDonalds gym?

Yes. They have plaza fridays

More like a Dominoes gym

Yes. There are literally two of these gyms in my hometown, along the same street nonetheless. The only people that walk in and out are fat people trying to lose weight (They really do order pizza to give out to customers once a month), spooky skeletons that think they're shredded because they have a low body fat, and cardiobunnies. It does, however, prevent those sort of people going to real gyms where they can hold a squat rack all day to do curls.

Glad my work has a small gym that has enough equipment to do everything. I'm the only one that uses it in the morning, so o have free reign to do whatever I want whenever I want. Not pertinent, I just like to brag.

Pizza, fucking autocorrect

Good god keep your hands still you idiot

Yea that perfectly apt. Its a fucking disgrace. All you can eat Pizza Fridays. Free fucking candy. Little to no free weights besides dumbbells that go up to 30 lbs (from what my friend told me), they only have smith machines, and on top of that they will kick you out if your weights make too much noise or if you are too muscular.

youtube.com/watch?v=SbK3wWpWNto

The candy and pizza don't really bother me much, they don't force it down your throat.

The lunk thing is pretty stupid though.
How is that not contradictory of a "judgement-free" zone.

That said it's cheap and I basically live at one.

Topkek I can't believe I've never seen this video before

I thought that shit is just a comedy stunt.
holy shit thats so sad.
are there any planet fitness compilations?
i guess they never run out of hilarious material

You can find a shit ton of planet fitness trolling on youtube with guys just baiting the lunk alarm to go off and get kicked out

>pushing extra hard on dumbbell chest flys
>hit rep max
>accidentally drop the weights
>the Lunk alarm sounds
>the sentry turret underneath shines its spotlight on me
>"STAY WHERE YOU ARE. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO ESCAPE."

What do?

Grunt to scare away security.

I go to Anytime fitness and it's a little bit better than that. I understand the idea of a less 'intimidating' atmosphere, but planet fitness goes way too far 2bh

>planet fitness
>deadlift the max weight allowed (40 pounds)
>grunt in fustration
>activate lunk alarm
>5 guards in imperial legion armor run towards me
>"stop right there criminal scum, you violated the law, pay the court a fine or serve your sentence, your gains are now forfeit.
>go to jail
>hopeyourotcriminalscum.png
>locked in cell with pizza

anytime is pretty good. Been to at least a dozen and only one didn't have a power rack. And some are loaded

7/10 mildly entertaining shitpost

real planet shitness story
>Away from home for yearly meeting
>Only place close is planet fitness
>Use coworker's guest pass
>its free pizza day
>fat women doing """cardio""" after engorging on pizza
>Woman stumbles off of treadmill and heads towards garbage can
>Vomits
>Loses balance and falls, taking garbage can with her
>covered in pizza crust on vomit
>starts weeping between gasps of air
>she doesn't get up for a good fifteen minutes
>entire gym ignores her
>obeasts start dropping like flies
>DYEL Indians curling at each other aggressively
>smell like curry and sweat
>entire gym now smells like a garbage dump
>mfw judging in a judgement free zone

Idk the planet fitness in downtown Salt Lake City isn't terrible. I would say the culture of a gym is highly influenced by the area it's in. The strangest thing there is homeless people coming in from time to time looking for a place to hold their bags while they go to the social security office next door.

I just got back from business in SLC. That did look like the best PF I've seen and a guy I know who goes recommended it. Still not a good gym though. I thought city creek was worth the extra $ if you can afford it or get a discount.

>just moved to a new town
>go to planet fitness because coworker recommended it
>he's dyel, but whatever, i don't know anything around here yet
>only pay 20 dollars a month for a membership
>once I'm in, I don't have to pay for anything
>no entry fee, no tipping, no plate dispensers, etc.
>all that considered, those 20 dollars are practically nothing
>go to do some deadlifts
>lift my maximum of lmao3plate (pls no bully)
>suddenly an alarm goes off
>wtf?
>two men, one of them armed, approach me and take me into a backroom
>they degain me
>all my gains are gone and sent to a private gym in China
>I'm a 130lbs dyel now
>maximum deadlift is now lmao0.5plate
>mfw planet fitness is an anti American organization that takes gains and gives them all to some Chinese fuckers who will compete at Olympics against America
So that's how Sun Yang got all those gold medals

On google reviews for my local one

newman got jacked wtf

It's just another American spreading its cancer to the world episode

City creek is full of Mo's and they kick people out for piercing, tattoos and "indecent attire" i.e.. Tank tops. At least the mall does. Guessing the gym has similar policies.

My local PF is pretty normal, I'm sure the alarm would never actually go off

There are other gyms for 10 bucks a month but they are crowded as fuck even after 9pm

>only 45 minutes

dropped

>dead of winter
>broke af, dat 10$ a month membership
>figure it can't be that bad
>only smith machines, highest dumbell is 65lbs
>witness all kinds of fuckery daily
>bored housewives laying underneath smith machine pushing feet against the bar upwards with a legpress machine open literally two feet away
>town is filled with darkies, all the dyel ones doing 2 hour curl sessions
>morons wearing belts and straps to quarter rep 150lb smith machine squats
>retards everywhere doing entire gym circuits and using foam rollers to do handstands with
>"30 minute workout" room filled with obese hamwales doing 10lb leg extensions to hunger/failure
>put in headphones and take a deep breath
>can't run outside because it's winter, get on a treadmill to do some cardio on my offday
>cup holder in treadmill filled with complimentary tootsie roll wrappers
>work up to a pretty low sprint, treadmill is on "12" i have no fucking clue what that equates to on planet weakness
>finish my run, staff member comes up to me
>"hey so some of the other patrons are complaining that your speed is a little too intense. can you bring down a few next time bud?"
>this nigger called me "bud"

finally left that fucking shit hole and I'm never going back

they have no squat racks

you won't make serious gains going there.

Who in the fuck eats pizza then does cardio right after? Are people really that stupid?

I assume Mos is Mormons? You are wrong. I'm sure there are plenty of Mormons but I saw real lifters in the gym. Definitely tats and piercings. The only downside is that the land is owned by the church so the place is closed Sunday. If you can afford it go check out the gym, it's nice.

>people complaining that someone else is running too fast
How insecure do you have to be to complain that other people at the gym are better than you? Isn't the point of the gym to be the guy who can run fast and lift a shit ton? Shouldn't people who are fit be examples of what you should strive towards?

people seriously thought you were going too fast? what the actual fuck?

This girl I have the hots for is getting a planet fitness membership ("for the tanning beds").

Should I move on to someone else?

I live with an obese person. They seem absolutely unaware that they are eating half the time.

Gorging themselves, thieving food and raiding the pantry when bored is just habit. I don't think it even mentally clicks what they are dong.

>tanning beds
Literal cancer

I just moved, I'm broke and need a gym. Do they have benches for barbell BP? I know there aren't racks, and I can live with using a Smith, whatever. Doesn't make that much of a difference aside from not getting the stabilizers as much. But should I use PF while I fix my financial situation? What's the situation on Powerlifting equipment?

>mcdonald's gym

That was golden

You can tell you not a fattie when your phone doesn't even recognise the word pizza

The stupidest part is she doesn't even need it since she's half mexican. She got the bone structure of a white chick with the perma tan of a mexican chick.

the real question; if you take a dump that gurgles with the grunts of hades wrath in the bathroom, can it set off the lunk alarm?

No free weights. No barbell benching. Only smith machines, dumbbells, and assorted machines.

>le ebil amerikkkans Xddddd

*tip*

I feel bad for that guy. His reaction was retarded, but I'd get mad too if they pulled a lunk alarm at the gym I PAY for because I'm doing too well, and some little beta faggot was filming me because he needs every opportunity to feel better about his pathetic self.

This guy....he's powerlifter Newman! I love it! How can you be intimidated by him? He looks like a super chill dude.

>you know who else said that?
>.....Hitler?
>No! I was going to say Thomas Jefferson

K E K

Jesus fuck people are horrible.

I have pretty bad back problems, so I constantly see people going faster or harder than me at the gym, and I'll likely never be able to match them. So fucking what? You're there for yourself, goddamn whiny bitches trying to drag others down to their level.

>started getting fit and chose PF since it's cheap and within walking distance
>friendly staff members
>get a trainer, teaches me how to use equipment, workout routines, etc.
>greeted with a hello everytime I go in
>decide to do SS
>squat, bench, etc. on the Smith machines, fit member giving me tips on form and procedures
>go to ab workout section, Hispanic woman on her early 40s finds my keys after they fell off my pocket while doing ab crunches
>members just generally acting courteous and are amiable in general
>never once heard the Lunk Alarm go off

Maybe my area is different, but my PF is not a bad place to work out. No free weights or Oly style barbels but w/e, it's $10 a month.

You don't have standards so it's fine.

No wonder why USA is losing everything against Russia

>using a smith machine

You fugg'd up.

Doesn't constantly using the smith machine fuck up your joints? Or is that another meme?

Not a hate story, probably technically a sympathizer story

>move to Chicago
>focusing on finding work
>workout in my freetime
>just graduated so piss poor
>closest gym is a PF
>figure fuck it, workout there until I can afford a nice real gym
>pay 10 bucks for the month
>employee (fat girl) who gives me my card has to read the PF agreement about "no gymtimidation"
>remember all the PF stories on Veeky Forums
>workout there for three weeks
>no problems
>95% dumbbell routines
>weights only go up to 75, decide that's fine for what I'll need until I can afford better

>last week
>everyone is fat and quietly lifting or running
>suddenly hear loud ass rep grunts
>ruhroh.jpg
>look over at the dumbass that can't read every single writing literally on the walls about not doing shit like that
>ottermode 18 y/o mixed guy on the smith machine benching 1pl8
>1
>pl8
>start fucking laughing my ass off at the ridiculousness of the situation

He didn't get kicked out, just gently reminded by some passing PF worker. It's not so bad really.

Where do you live?

youtube.com/watch?v=gp8nC40A-E0
I find it sad, that all the bad gyms look like good places to lift.

my gym is actually above a McDonald's, and I'm in the UK, it's a good gym though, but I still Kek internally when I see people going straight into McDonald's after their workout.

g-gotta go fast, r-right?

The comments from the guy who uploaded it are the real cringe.

Seriously gyms aren't intimidating though. It's a stupid normie meme that won't die. Just go in, do your shit and don't give a shit about what anybody else thinks.

Fucking same. You have beautiful views of a Burger King from the cardio machines area at my gym. I kek every time I see the fatties on the eliptical staring.

well if done correctly it can be a great source of protein if bulking. Although I doubt fatties have that in mind

my gym in my old uni town was actually alot like the tyre flip bathroom key one in appearance and the types of dudes who went there. It was the best gym ive ever been to in terms of equipment, advice, safety and encouragement.

Shame that normies think that the people who know best how hard it is to get in shape are the most judgemental. My experience is usually the opposite

Wtf I hate planet fitness now

DROP THE DUMBELLS, YOU HAVE 15 SECONDS TO COMPLY

Depends what you're using it for. The concern with Smiths is that it has a fixed range of motion so your body has to adjust in ways you normally wouldn't be free weights.

It fucks up joints by not developing stabilization muscles and CNS ability needed for that

the unnatural range also can put on additional stress

My work has a small gym to and I'm the only one who uses it. Only down fall is no spotter

I don't get the hate for the free pizza - for $10/month, you get 4 free meals out of it, i'd say that's a pretty good deal

The "judgment free zone"

to be fair 12 miles an hour is a little intense on a treadmill. not that anybody should stop you, but if you slip you're gonna have a bad time

i usually use a treadmill for a 7mph jogging pace and if i wanna really run go outside, hot or cold

They don't do jack shit for your stabilizer muscles.

W-what? Am I a retard or is this retarded?

>18 months more expensive than paying monthly nigga what?

mfw cozy home basement gym where i can scream as loud as i want and play my music as loud as i want and not have other peoples sweat and shit all over the equipment im using

America you surprise me every time

Story time
>go to PF once with gymbro because it was covenient
>walk in
>tootsie rolls at the counter
>machines everywhere
>also free weights
>do my workout including deadlifts
>don't scream like a faggot
>nobody bugs me
>on way out, don't eat totosie roll
>fin

there are shitheads in literally every place and community. you should know that--you're on Veeky Forums

You're not too retarded to take advantage of a great deal!!

I can understand being intimidated if you're a woman in a gym full of latino guys (that's what mine's like).

But otherwise, just lift. Everyone's respectful. If you're intimidated it's 100% in your head.

How did they get the "lunks" to agree to do a commerical? It has to be bragging rights or something:

>I got casted for a PF commerical as a lunk. Here is my badge of honor.

>He deadlifts in the smith machine
>Thinks he knows about lifting

What they don't tell you is that it's a marketing trick to get the monthly membership instead since there's more fees on it that they can hit you with that nets them more profit.

>former PF worker

These are fake.

This is not.

>deadlift on smith machine
>thinks he has the credit to tell people story
Cringe

maybe he was deadlifting THE smith machine?

PUT YOUR GAINS WHERE I CAN SEE EM

man some of those gyms look badass i would love to work out there
...or the disco gym and try to pull some qt's

They're actors who get paid for acting.

they have barbells you faggots

Whats you're favoUrite planet fitness commerical?

>I lift things up and put them down.

Is that a problem when youre just starting out? Ive been lifting for a month now and i exclusively use the machines since i cant fuck up form and shit on them. Also the freeweights scare me.

>hots for a shit skin mix breed

but what if you wake up your mom and her boyfriend?

No they don't