QTDDTOT

Didn't see one.

Which TDEE calculator is more accurate, Scoob's or the sticky's?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PoPXvdIhfmw&feature=youtu.be
nerdfitness.com/blog/2010/02/15/how-to-build-your-own-workout-routine/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

youtube.com/watch?v=PoPXvdIhfmw&feature=youtu.be
How is my form?
Help.

Do both and average them. It doesn't really matter because you will need to make adjustments anyway.

Lower your torso angle (while keeping a tight core) and pull the weights up more explosively.

I have confirmed minor valgus knees and feet (and god knows what else desu this shit is never isolated). How the fuck do I stop walking like a retard? I wobble like a cartoon character. It brings me a lot of ridicule. I just now realized that I need to work on flexing my core at all times for those posture gains. I also started focusing on my outer thighs and ass in the pool. No gym here and pool will close in a few weeks, so I will need to think of other weighs for some serious glute and outer thigh gains.

how do i fix rib flare lads?

Chest up, get used to breath with your chest and not your stomach, keep core tight during your exercises. Alternatively look it up on the Internet, I guess stretches could help.

My gym is closed for the week (yeah it sucks) and all the other gyms are fucking expensive if you don't subscribe. What do in order to be able to progress normally next monday ?

i just started Gym today.
is it a good idea to do 2 months of weight loss with a moderate diet and hours of cycling before getting into into muscle gaining?
i am just a few kgs overweight, but i despise my belly everytime i look down.
i have no money to measure fat% reliably.

>Chest up
i have been doing this for a couple of days now, been tilting my sternum up more

> breath with your chest
how do i do that?

>What do in order to be able to progress normally next monday

could always do bodyweight workouts

About an hour or 2 after working out I noticed a pain when holding something heavy (this was almost 2 weeks ago). I bought a thumb split and wore it for 3-4 days and it started to feel better but it hasn't healed all the way.

What do I do? What is this injury and how long should it take to heal? Happened 12 days ago.

whoops was meant for

do muscle gain + cycling, having more muscle = more calories burnt as your body uses energy for your muscles and the more muscle you have = more cals burnt

You know how when you inhale you can inflate your stomach or your chest ? Well make it so your chest expands, it's pretty simple I don't think that would be your problem.
All I can find either indicates that your core isn't strong enough, so you could work on plank and variations of the plank, or general abs exercises ; or indicates that your posture isn't good. Probably a combination of the 2, never had the problem occur to me though.

The problem I have with bodyweight is I don't really know what to work the legs with : should I do a harder variation than the squat, like a pistol squat (assisted if needed) ? I can do push ups, chin ups and this kind of shit for the upper body.

yes my posture is pretty fucking bad so i've been doing corrective exercises everyday. sucks dick know i have to be consciously aware of the way my body is positioned all day every day

sure pistol squats could work or normal squats with dumbbells or maybe use and object the same weight as the dumbbells that you wold use

Today a bit after 2 month of linear progression i failed at upping OHP. It felt pretty bad, so after how much and at what weight did you stall OHP on you first linear progression? (45 kg here)

Working on shoulder dislocations could be very good for you too, as it force the chest to open and go up while your core stays in place.
Don't worry if you can't do it in the first place, it does demand some flexibility.
Discipline is the key here my friend, try an exercise for maybe 3 weeks and see if it suits you, I'm sure you can find plenty of them on the Internet.

Trapezius injury next to shoulder blade + stiff neck- can't do any upper body until it heals.

Besides legs and abs, would it at least be worth it to continue doing arm isolations? What type of isolation can I do for triceps that won't fuck with my back/neck?

Are you supposed to eat more protein every day or just on workout-days?

I had a minor pec strain about a month ago after dips and i've been resting since, is there anything i can do to fix it quicker?

Been to the doc, he told me to get back to him in another 2-3 weeks if it doesn't get better.

About 2 weeks ago I had a couple of blue marks in the area but they disappeared on their own. I can do daily activities just fine, but cant go further than 2-3 pushups before i'm starting to feel it again. So yeah, how to get back to benching asap?
help pls, much apperciated

Roll a towel up or get a form roller, lay down on it so it's going vertically up your spine. Make sure neck is supported. Bend arms at elbow slight, push them down and onto the ground. Now do a 'snow angel' type of movement slowly, you'll feel strentching in your pecs.

Also, you can get a lacrosse ball and push it against your chest and press out all the trigger points over time. Hurts like fuck, and can take a few days to show improvement, but works.

Do you people just go to the doctor for every minor pain you get?
You go to the doctor when your life is literally in danger and no sooner.

Any recommended books or videos for yoga?

Your protein intake should remain fairly consistent. If there is one macro you should be adjusting it is carbs. Meal timing is usually a rather small factor in making gains, but on workout days, eating most of your day's carbs pre and post workout is the best way to handle them. Eating relatively simple carbs beforehand will give you the energy boost for your workout. Eating them after takes advantage of the "anabolic window," which is really just a boost in nutrient uptake by your muscles. This effect is small but not negligible. If you don't eat carbs after your workout you aren't going to lose all your gains.

How many waters daily is drinking accurate daily for my health? Sorry my English is poor.

Scoob says my TDEE is 3100 while IIFYM says 2400.
Someone is terribly wrong

That was pretty cute, no homo. I'm guessing you are asking "How much water is it healthy to drink every day?" I would say for optimal hydration, shoot for 1/2 a gallon per day, depending on how much you sweat/exercise. You don't need to be peeing all the time but make sure your urine is clear.

>scoobys calculator
>to lose 1lb a week X calories
>X calories is currently what I'm eating to gain .5lb a week

Way to go scooby.

183cm, 68kg skinnyfat here. How much am I supposed to eat to lose some fat while not destroying the little gains I have made? Fitbit says I burn around 4000 kcal a day, mfp tells me to eat around 3000. what do I do? How much do I eat?

If you're skinnyfat, just eat at a small deficit or at maintenance. You'll still make gains and get leaner. Why does MFP say to eat 3000 cal/day? Did you input a specific weight loss goal into it? In general you should eat at about a 500/calorie deficit to lose 1lb a week.

scooby just wants you to stay thick, solid, tight :)

I've been doing keto and exercising vigorously for 2 weeks but I've only lost about 2 pounds. Could I be doing something wrong? I am in ketosis
Eating 1500 kcal/day
5'11 220 lbs

Tomorrow I go to the gym for the first time since October last year, when I had an accident that fucked up my left knee, now finally I regained 100% mobility and can lift again. I was never big or strong, but lifted regularly for a couple of years before the accident. What routine should I do to start off, should I stick to beginner programs like SS / stripped 5x5?

Anyone ever feel weak in a specific parts of the body? Left calf has been feeling very weak all day.

How often should I do HIIT?

I've decided not to neglect cardio since it's not as hot outside anymore. Are /comfy/ walks (about 12 km, able to hold a conversation) enough for cardiovascular health?

Realistically, yes. Amazing genetics aside, the people that live to 100+ years old are typically active for several hours every day, but at a low intensity (gardening, walking, etc.) Walking for 12 km is approximately 15k steps, which is an excellent activity level.

I did add my specific data into it, I'm starting to wonder how acurate teh fitbit charge hr is. I started out as a skeleton (55kg at 183cm) but have packed on too much fat during the 7 months I lift now, cause I ate as much calories as my fitbit told me to burn. now I'm stronger but look skinnyfat.

Going to McKamey Manor in about a month. Should I work on building muscle or keep focusing on cardio?
I'm 5'1" grill, 113.

That was the cutest improper English sentence I've ever read. BTW the other user said the ideal answer but I just wanted to say how cute the question was.

I might make a thread but I'll give this a go Veeky Forums. This is a cutting question - So after a about a year and a bit of gym, I've at long last joined the 1/2/3/4pl8 club. This is for working weights across 3 sets for 5 (1x5 for Deadlift). My routine was an SS variation by Kethnaab (replacing cleans with Rows) with additional Curl + Tri work on Friday's workout. All in all, I'm very happy with the results and after a few resets it's becoming evident that I've come to the end of novice progression. I want to go to Madcows...
Before I do that I would like to cut some of the weight gain I've accumulated, using skin taping from one of my BB friends in the know my est. Bodyfat is a little under 30%. First of all, I have absolutely no regets, it feels great to finally not be a weakling anymore, but since Intermediate programs such as Madcows/TM can only really be done on a caloric surplus, its obvious I gotta cut down before I turn into a lardass.

I get the gist of cutting - eating at a caloric deficit while maintaining as much muscle mass as possible. However for strength based routines the guideline is not so clear for routine - for a guy who wishes to keep is 5 rep maxes as high as possible, and eating at a 500~cal deficit, what kind of volume and intensity would you guys recommend? I was thinking of dropping volume to 1x5 or 3x3 for most sets while keeping the intensity (weight) as high as possible to maintain strength. I'm aiming to get back down to 15% BF or so before recommencing bulk, so its not like I'm going for single figures BF%.

Thanks in advance.

I have two 6kg dumbbell which I got from a gym which was closing down.

I used to do in two 3kgs for like 2 months. Is it okay if I start doing the 6kg together for workouts like squats? I also have ugly thigh and belly fat and have been reducing my calorie intake and drinking more water.

Should I protract and depress my scapulae when performing a plank?

What is the best place for a light source when trying to look big? I know down light is good for abs but what if I wanted my legs to look way bigger than they are.

Where is the best position for the light?

In the Spring my backsquat was up to 440 for a 1RM. Just getting back into it after a shitty summer in a warehouse and I've atrophied badly in both size and strength.

Whats the best rep/scheme to regain strength? I'm thinking high weight low rep. Maybe get to a 1rm and then try and hit that for a couple sets

Try not dropping anything to start with. If you notice your lifts getting harder/start failing reps, cut the number of sets you do (so 3x5 would become 2x5) but keep the weight and reps the same.

two 6kg Dumbbells for squats is nothing, so go for it.

I would say just keep it neutral and comfortable.

Are crunches and sit ups the same?

is height an important factor in swimming?

anyone?

Hey thread, my gym fucked me with labor day hours closing early. I want to run some calaesthetics routine at home for legs/calves today if anyone has a good recommendation.

I just hit lmao3pl8 diddly and was wondering when it should I consider getting a belt? I'm 80kg if weight affects this in any way.

Just figure it out the old fashioned way. If you want to lose weight, reduce calories by 500, eat like that for a few weeks, and if you are seeing progress then keep doing that. If you don't lose weight, keep reducing calories.

Is it better to breathe in and out through your nose while running? And are crunches bad for your back?

Can fat sometimes look like muscle?

Currently doing a bro split, and I want to do boxing bagwork for cardio. How often can I do this? Will this fuck up my arms gains if I do this every workout?

anyone?

There's this girl I know who has the potential to be a 8/10. Thicc but not too thic, nomsayin?

Anyways she has this weird birthmark/wart/skin thing on her one eyelid.

How do I convince her to get it removed without being a dick? Is this the ultimate challenge?

PITTSBURGH

Anyone have that comic of a guy squatting a ton of weight and others going "fuaaaark mirin" with another guy going "b-b-but he's using equipment"?

Please and thanks
>pic unrelated

A beginner making baby gains here.
I'm like 20% to 25% bodyfat, after cutting from fatty (167 lbs-> 142lbs)
Is this the point where I start to bulk up, or at least go into maintenance?
Or do I keep cutting until I reach skinny level and then bulk up?

I have a choice between two whey protein powders the only difference is one claims an ingredient is whey peptides and the other has micellar casein. For the use of muscle growth and overall health, which ingredient should I invest in?

what periodization should i use for my 4 day split - pp or ul dont know yet. stats are 1/2/3/4.

Should I just switch to PPL or PHUL?

I started off with SL, quickly switched to SS.
My progress always was slow despite eating a loy and gaining weight.
Just recently I switched to GSLP and basically deloaded every lift, and my amraps are not going well.
For example my first OHP amrap after the deload I did 7 reps, second time I did barely 5.
I am 6'1, 85kg. Used to be a skelly but I'm not anymore. Still have the legacy of it, aka shit mobility and strength

Are side laterals push or pull? Currently doing them on pull but bent over laterals and OHP on push.

Keep cutting until you are at a level of bodyfat you feel comfortable in.

>whey protein powder
>casein

uwotm8? If you are taking post-workout protein shakes, you'll want whey, because it absorbs quickly and gets to your muscles right as they need nutrients the most. Casein is much slower digesting, and people often take it at night so they have a steady stream of amino acids as they sleep (this isn't that important though).

Standing side laterals work your delts, so they are push. When bent over, that's basically a rear delt fly and is a pull movement.

Do both. Weights followed by cardio.

When I stall on OHP I do a few sets of medium weight shoulder press with dumbbells and try again next time. Just stick with it and eat right.

Thanks, I'll grab the one with whey peptides. The other one is a whey protein it's just that the protein blend is "(whey protein isolate, micellar casein, milk protein isolate)" and the one I'm going to buy has a blend of "(whey protein concentrate, whey protein isolate, whey peptides)"

Four litres minimum for me, but I'm a big guy (4u) who sweats like a pig when working out.

So I only have 110lbs of weights and I've been doing the reg parks 5x5 for about 2 months decent progress I guess, my front squat is 80x5 (can't do back because I don't have a squat rack yet), all my lifts are around 70-90lbs (deadlift is 110lbs). after this month I will hopefully end my cut and start my slow bulk, but I will have to change my program to a 3x12 because I can't grow strength wise with my limited weights.

So I am wondering if anyone has a 3x12 routine they would recommend?

Scooby is on steroids and guzzles cock flavoured protein all day.

Best advice is to hit a chosen amount of calories and see if you lose of gain weight and adjust accordingley.

How do i learn exercises on my own? Just look up youtube videos and .gifs before going to the gym? I'm mostly worried about deadlifts.

Should i do bench presses if i'm alone in a gym?

Should i start with a full body routine like this article suggests?
nerdfitness.com/blog/2010/02/15/how-to-build-your-own-workout-routine/

Continue as you are you fucking numbskull; you're losing a pound a week.

why the fuck do i fatigue after 1 push up?

I can lift both my shoulders to a normal height but when I let them relax one of them falls significantly lower than the other. Is this an issue or something I should fix with weights/stretching?

The shoulder that lies higher has been having a lot of pain in combination with the lower neck/upper back/upper arm. It mostly happens when I have my arms outstretched and unsupported like at a computer or on a bicycle. What can I do to stop this? I used to regularly bike 10 miles to work but now I struggle the 1 mile to the train station before it really hurts.

Been years since I lifted but should my knees be locked during OHP or not? I think I asked in a recent /qtd/ but I completely forgot to check back.

Show boycunt.

everybody gets tired after a pushup, just ignore it and keep going brah

disgusting

Currently on SS. Missed my workout today because my gym closed way earlier than expected for labor day. Should i workout tuesday then wednesday or should i workout tuesday/thursday/saturday and reset next week?

my guts are out, I was about to enter dadbod territory

2012 - 95 kg (skinnyfat)(20 years old me)
2014 - 65 kg (skinny yet still bit fat)
2016.08.03 - 93 kg (well built, started pigging out food, snacks, bad habbit)
2016.08.05 - 81 kg (I still have a decent fat on my belly)

My question is how to lose the belly fat?
- I have had a really weak core in my whole life
- Cutting back calories, right now I'm on roughly 1600 calories a day, running 3 km every day
- Can still work with the same weights back when I was 93 kg, even improved
- Today I planked for roughly 1,5 minutes, it was hard, when I watched down, all I saw my hanging pregnant belly, with a chubby alien baby

will my belly go back to its place if I lose more weight, and start planking?

Is protein powder even worth it, Veeky Forums?
Everything is so fucking expensive in canada, a 2lbs protein is like 20$ in US and 40$ in canada.
Literally the same fucking brand yet the price amps up like no tomorrow.
This is not fucking fair, god damn it.
FUCK

I would suggest watching Alan Thrall's videos to learn each compound movement. He generally does a good job showing and explaining things. If you want a good beginner routine check out Starting Strengh, Stronglifts 5x5, or Greyskull lp. You can bench solo, just learn how to get the bar away from you in the event of failure.

it's so fucking hard though. i lose proper form, then collapse to the ground then i just switch to assisted knee pushups and look like a little bitch in front of everyone

So you lost 12 kg in 2 days, huh?
Teach me your secrets, senpai

>Keep cutting until you are at a level of bodyfat you feel comfortable in.
Huh, I thought the little fat on one's body was required to bulk.
I mean, that's what I understood from the sticky and the bulking diet.

I guess there is no real advantage of being a chubby over a skinny when going for gains?

>Is protein powder even worth it, Veeky Forums?

depends on how you eat, if you eat really clean you can get yourself up to 150g of protein with 2000 calories. On a cut (1500 calories) it's alot harder to get the protein you need so yes it is worth it, try not to consume it everyday though, only on the day you workout.

>Everything is so fucking expensive in canada, a 2lbs protein is like 20$ in US and 40$ in canada.

can confirm is expensive in Manitoba

Bumping for this

Personally think you should always get a trainer when beginning.
The trainer will spot you, fix your form and educate you which will allow you to actually implement your knowledge on your own after.

But then again, I trained in Korea where the trainers are super friendly and well informed, with top-tier customer service.
Not sure about where you're from, I heard there are bigot trainers who think roiding is the best thing to do.

Knees should be locked but fairly loose, like if you were standing normally. When I'm doing heavy OHP I'll squeeze both my quads and glutes in balance. Try not to give it too much thought.

Bulking will make you gain fat. Let me explain what I meant better. Let's say you are mentally comfortable with being between 10-15% bodyfat. Obviously everybody would rather be as low as possible, but for the purposes of a bulk/cut cycle, you would cut down to 10%, then bulk until you hit 15%, at which point you would want to lose fat and repeat the process. You want this range to be decently large so that you aren't bulking for like 2 weeks.

>try not to consume it everyday though, only on the day you workout.
Sorry if I'm ignorant, but I thought you needed at least 0.7 x body mass (which checks out 100g for me) PER DAY in order to gain mass.

Is only supplementing 3 days a week alright in order to gain?

don't ask me faggot

what do I look like a nutrionalist to you?

fuck off

how long does it take to get a 6 pack from 20% bf lads?

a skelly with shit mobility? is that possible?

fuck protein powder, go for non-fat cottage cheese
much more organic, and cheaper

40g of pure protein is roughly 0.77 usd (225g of cottage cheese)

fuck,you are right
2016.08.05 is supposed be 2016.09.05(today)

canadianprotein m8, as low as $20/kg

Should i do my abs exercices
Russian twists and bicycle crunchs
Ok my off days or Just do them after my workout

Anyone? please? I trust Veeky Forums more on these matters than any dogshit tabloid google'll produce

how do I keep my energy up while exercising? i have a pretty good diet and only eat around 1700 carbs a day, i've lost weight(was already thin), and noticed a difference in my muscle tone(mass whatever), but i get tired pretty quickly from not really doing much.

i have what i think is a slightly below average amount of body fat on me, but i feel like i could lose a lot more if i was able to keep up my exercising for a little bit longer

also what is the "general" amount of time you're supposed to exercise? i probably get around 30-40 minutes including taking a break to drink water. all of this is done at home btw, not confident nor concerned enough to go to a gym.

7. No, maybe 8.

Losing 10 kg in 1 month is honestly not even that bad in my book. Took me 2 months to lose that weight.

Read the sticky is the only thing that I can say. just keep doing what you're doing and eat lot of protein.
I also heard it from a bodybuilder acquaintance that while fat will not magically spot-reduce with when working out one part of the body, but if you get more muscles in that area the muscles will hold up the fat and become more "aesthetic"
Not even sure if it is credible, though. Workout and eat lighting is all you need, really.

Thank you, will check those out.
Trainer would be good, but i'd rather just get started asap.