How was the gym experience in 90s?

How was the gym experience in 90s?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3fAvYTwGgGM
youtu.be/uSHMDCguI84
youtube.com/watch?v=DCyTijJzEwo
sunloverrecords.bandcamp.com/album/sunlover-records-compilation-vol-2-maximum-workout
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i dunno but i remember being a little boy in the 90s and my mom was always at aerobics class.

Less Indians doing curls.

not OP but what was it like in the early-mid 2000's? The first time I went to a gym was in 2009 so I'm wondering if things were different earlier.

Fewer squat racks. Less freeweight work. You wouldn't see anyone doing squats and deadlifts were unheard of. There was much more bosu ball bullshit and the like going on. More people fucking around without a plan but overall the ratio of ripped dudes to weaklings was still the same.

First time I step on a gym was 1996

>Curls
>basic machines everywhere
>incline and flat benchs
>more curls
>other row machines
>one arm db bent over rows
>stationary bikes
>chest flyes machine
>ez bar curls
>walking machine
>other cable machines
>some more curls

that was about it

oh and also male:female ratio was more or like 9:1

and people weren't there to take photos of themselves

Generally the same, just a little smaller.

Dirt gyms were the gyms of choice for most serious lifters and were almost always run out of some bare bones facility.

Best part of the 90's were the lack of fucking women in the squat rack. God I hate the squat fad with women right now.

it's mainly because women weren't fat pigs back then and thin was normal.

Seriously theres no middle ground anymore, women are either fat or neurotic.

......while wearing collared shirts and cargo pants

>people weren't there to take photos of themselves

think about this: cell phones with cameras were nonexistent. So instagram whores weren't all over the place taking photos. Nobody was sitting on a machine talking on their phone. No selfies. Just dudes working out to better themselves. Maybe some guys had personal cassette players with over-ear headphones... that's about it.

>personal cassette players with over-ear headphones

a e s t h e t i c

Used to be a member of Bally's, which as far as I know is completely gone but was one of the top chains at the time. The only people who went to the gym were those looking to get yoked. No one was there 'live healthier' or whatever most people go for now. You went to lift heavy and hard, and everyone there wanted you to lift heavy and hard and would not let you go pussy at any time. I never would leave feeling unsatisfied.
I miss it so much.

Just my luck, I've been looking for an excuse to post this baller track for ages.
youtube.com/watch?v=3fAvYTwGgGM

>were the lack of fucking women in the squat rack.
>when a gril is doing that box lunge thing on the sole fucking cage
You can do that literally anywhere else bbgril pls don't do this to me

>On November 18, 2011, Bally Total Fitness announced the sale of 171 of its clubs located in sixteen states and the District of Columbia to an affiliate of LA Fitness for $153 million.[10] In February 2012, it sold the Toledo Airport Road club to Red Fitness 24/7. In April 2012, Bally sold an additional 39 facilities to Blast Fitness. Blast Fitness has begun operating the new facilities under their own name in stages, transitioning entirely away from the Bally's name. Those two sales left Bally with 44 locations, 27 of them in the New York area, 8 in the San Francisco area, 1 in Louisiana and 8 in Colorado.[4] After the LA Fitness transaction, Bally had approximately 800,000 members; the sale allowed Bally to retire its corporate debt.[3]

>All of the clubs in the Cleveland area were sold to Red Fitness 24/7, effective December 31, 2012. Some employees received termination notices the same day.

>The number of clubs still in the Bally chain continues to dwindle. For example, the Bally Total Fitness location in Danville, California closed on June 22, 2012 and reopened as Danville Fit.[11]

>The former Bally club in Colorado Springs, CO changed ownership in June 2014, and became Voretex Fitness. [12]

>In December 2014, thirty-two locations located in New York, New Jersey, Denver, and San Francisco Bay Area are acquired by 24 Hour Fitness.[13][14]

>The Greece, New York location closed without notice on December 30, 2014. [15]

>The NYC 106th st location became a Tapout Fitness center in August 2016.

>As of August 2016, Bally was down to two locations in New York City.

damn i forgot about this place

rip in piece

Imagine the music zyzz listened to and that is the normal music being played in the gym. Think how it was you would walk into the gym and hear "drawn into the back drop here you could fade you could fade away"
Also people actually working out, not playing on their phones, not hogging equipment actually using it and you were never afraid to say hey bro can i work in because they would always let you. No Pajeets to stink up the gym, only white master race. Not much free weights but lots of machines oh and girls worked out in the same area as men not afraid of being hit on every two minutes.

>ywn be among these glorious faggots

>tfw you lived through the GOAT decade and took it all for granted

Blow me

>walking machines
Treadmills?

Kek

Blow me

They use to play 20 Minute Workout here in Ontario in the 80's and I use to get up early for school just so I could watch it and have a wank which would subdue my desire to rape some of the little fucking bitches in my school/neighborhood!!!FACT!!! youtu.be/uSHMDCguI84

i think i live by one of them hahaha

it's the one on queens blvd if it hasn't closed down yet

2020s will be next goat

Quality tune, thanks friend.
youtube.com/watch?v=DCyTijJzEwo

the jews wont allow trump a third term so the 2nd half of the 20s could go down fast

Oh, that's a good one!
I'll leave you with this before I head off to sleep, just stumbled over it myself: sunloverrecords.bandcamp.com/album/sunlover-records-compilation-vol-2-maximum-workout
Can definitely recommend The Pump and High Nike Socks.

Nice, I love this sort of stuff so I'll definitely give it a listen. Have a good sleep.

> I am Queens Blvd

>room full of women
>none are obese
The feels brehs...

Give me Air Manipulation powers.

Not officially the 90s but this was my gym today vs 1988.

>first time some random guy from Veeky Forums stepped on the gym was in 1996
>mfw that's the year I was born and were both shit posting here

Empty
Only 1 squat rack
I was the only person to do squats
I was the only person to do deadlifts
Never had to wait for equipment
The young people that did lift were total pussies

nice

Sounds so comfy
>you will never live in the 90s again

everyone was using machines and thought freeweights were shit because you couldn't go as heavy

no one here is old enough to remember that

If you're 30+ and you come to Veeky Forums you need to re-think your life

Almost 40 and I'm just STARTING my Veeky Forums experience friend! :)

30 year old neet reporting in.

Sets of 3x10 everywhere

What the fuck else am i going to do with my time. I've been shit posting for years and I'm not going to stop now.

India superpower?

my future prediction of gyms
>japan will be the first to have benches, squat racks in bathroom stalls
>everything will be a machine, it will have alot of tension help and lifting 100 pounds will feel like moving 5 pounds
>all the old school gyms trying to keep what we have today with all free weights will be run down and filing for bankruptcy due to increase of obesity and their migration towards machines and cardio

>everything will be a machine, it will have alot of tension help and lifting 100 pounds will feel like moving 5 pounds
>all the old school gyms trying to keep what we have today with all free weights will be run down and filing for bankruptcy due to increase of obesity and their migration towards machines and cardio

have you ever been inside a gym

impressed

awesome, love it

> fitness in the 90s was chest and bicep exercises
> zero ab hypertrophy
> strange steroid stacks
> even stranger aerobic vhs tapes
> fitness industry managed to jew people before the Internet
> Google Billy banks

34 here, been coming here for 6 years or so. What part of ''you're here forever'' don't you understand ?