Frying Calories

How many calories does frying add, exactly?

There's the batter with all the shit in it, yes.

But what about the fat? How much of it is absorbed?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aJ2DjbT5MQ0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Frying is ok, it doesn't add that much cals if you don't drench whole fucking pan with gallons of oil.

Deep frying is retarded, fuck that shit. Also never use batter from shop.

depends on heat and duration

Stir frying is harmless because high heat and low oil, but I'm more curious about pan and deep frying.

I seriously recommend putting some money into getting an airfyer. Bought one a few months ago and I wouldn't live without one. It's fast, easy, and you don't have to add any/a shitton of oil/fat/shit every time.

>you don't have to add any

You do, just not a shit ton like in a pan.

what i like to do is use duck fat and cook in the oven. judge me but duck fat fries are soooooo good.
youtube.com/watch?v=aJ2DjbT5MQ0

Depends. If you're frying properly, with hot enough oil, you're essentially steaming the food inside a layer of batter/breading. If the oil isn't hot enough, however, the food just acts a sponge

A bar (I guess the proper term is "gastropub") by my house uses duckfat for their fries. They're amazing

Also their happy hour is awesome. $5 pulled pork sandwiches make bulking so easy

Jesus fuck that video is comfy.

Deep fry with coconut oil.
>dem medium chain triglycerides
>dem healthy fats
>dat sweet flavour

Seriously, for a keto diet, deep frying chicken is the way to go. Just done be a dumbfuck and add a later of batter.

Bruh, coconut oil has way too low of a smoke point to deep fry most things.

>Chef John
My nigga, right there.

Too many variables to know for sure. Depends on the type of food and its volume, the batter, how long you leave it in there, temperature, etc.

yeah no shit, duck fat is the most delicious fat

Does duck fat have a high enough smoke point to season a wok?

i fry with high--oleic sunflower oil, it's about twice the cost of vegetable oil but it tastes good

this desu

I fry chicken and sardines for variety. Simple, flour/salt/pepper batter and olive oil on the stove. For chicken, add rosemary too. It's probably between 25-50 extra calories per serving, but it's worth it to not have boiled chicken for the thousandth time.

>boiled chicken

I just tried canned sardines for the first time the other week, and I was debating reheating them. Can you fry them if they're already canned?