Which one's better if I want my torso to look like a Greek God's?

Which one's better if I want my torso to look like a Greek God's?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=V1P97VVt6_k
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Pullups, you idiot

Why not both? I'm doing 3 sets of pull ups and 2 sets of close grip chin ups.

skellyfat here.
what does it mean if I can do chin ups, but not pullups?

That you're a skellyfat

protip. there's a 0% chance whether you make it or not is going to depend on whether you did pullups or chinups

this board is incredibly autistic, just go lift

Is pic related what you consider "making it"?
Kek

what is you have no lats

Pullups are more practical in real life, you can't chin up over a wall

reddit

Whenever I do pullups, I get a pain inside my elbow, along the bone.

What does it mean?

posting tag the sponsor girls isnt making it either
making it is being the dude about to sponsor the trips user

focus...

I always imagine people who can't do pull ups ending up in a situation like pic related and ending up dying because they were too lazy lmao

Some other study said the difference were very small, basically you got a bit more shoulder exercise by pull and more biceps with chin.

They work the same muscles, I just end up having healthier joints than you.

How the fuck do you even get in a situation like that? It's just darwinism in action desu, hiking is fine but mountain climbing without harnesses is dumb as fuck and will get you killed.

Guy you're imagining here, often find myself imagining the same thing frankly

Chinups have more stress on the bicep, while pullups have much more overall muscle recruitment. Pullups give you a wide upper back and get you those joicey lats.

neither, I do it on rings

Why not both? When im feeling froggy i like to wrap two towels around the bar and, do vertical grip

Bulgarian pull ups on rings

it means you haven't spent enough time trying to do pull ups.

start with negatives, and work your way up.

what about neutral grip? would it benefit both shoulders and biceps ?

a Greek God's what?

it can happen faster than you think, I used to be like you until I had to DL a tree to save a bus of schoolgirls. now I'm always prepared.

how many seconds should each neg rep last?

As long as possible

you'd have to know how to muscle up too though

When I was younger I had a minor irrational fear of this happening to me (to much tv).

There's no neutral grip: either you are with us or against us

Climbing up a ledge isn't like doing a muscle up, once you get your elbows over you're home free

With one hand

Nah, because once you're at the top of a pull up you can easily put your leg on top of the ledge

Should pull ups always be done to failure?

Chin up if you have shit arms
Pull up if you have shit back

Mondays and Fridays I do 5x10 pull ups

Wednesdays I alternate, week 1 I do chinups and week 2 I do neutral grip, 5x10.

So I hit all different angles consistently, with an emphasis on standard pull ups

Yeah but most people in that situation won't be calm and will have adrenaline flooding through them. They'll be able to do it.

What are your thoughts on the wide hammer grip? I do negatives with them because I feel it probably hits my rear delts or whatever helps maintain healthy shoulders.

Why would they?

Try to be able to do 3-5 sets of 10 reps.

Once you can do more than 10 reps then you start adding weight.

Rinse and repeat.

Im up to +35 lb weighted pullups/chinups now.

>pullups or chinups?

you should be doing both

alternate between them

Thanks based user. I wish more responses were like this.

Its a neutral grip so its a bit of both lifts, but you probably emphasize whatever part of your body is stronger since it will make the lift easier.

*record scratch*

*scene pause*

youre probably wondering how i ended up here...

That you need to work on your lats. Do lat pulldowns until you can do a pullup. Remember - the ability to do an intermediate number of pullups is one of the foundations of achieving fitness.

They both use your lats the same amount. Chinups just use your biceps more, so you can either add more weight or do more reps.

What about dips?

Cause I wouldn't use my legs, too

I do both

you should do

>they work the same muscles
What in the world...

>dur pullups are what makes you able to climb walls
>ignores the existence of climbing ropes and grappling hooks
It's impossible to climb a wall without equipment. That's why they used to build them everywhere in ancient times but are irrelevant today.

t.Martin Scorcese

rock climber here. its not impossible to statically ascend a seemingly naked rock face. you would be surprised by how many humans can technically and precisely climb youtube.com/watch?v=V1P97VVt6_k

pullups. The last time i tried to do a chinup i pooppoo my pants (not really more like sharted) and the girl i like was sad. never again XD

ratio of 3:1

3 sets of pullups, followed by 1 set of chinups till failure

I done them until I could bang out 3x8 then added weight, atm im at 3x8 with lmao1pl8 i'm not sure though wether I should increase it to 3x12 or increase thr weight

If I'm doing weighted pull-ups now, should I completely stop using the lat pull down machine? Or is there any benefit to continue them at all?

As long as the wall is 10ft or less I don't need equipment to climb it.