Can you be an alcoholic and be Veeky Forums?

Can you be an alcoholic and be Veeky Forums?

no

yes

yes

maybe

With hard liquor maybe. With beer no

>Can you be an alcoholic and be Veeky Forums?

Define alcoholic.

During college, I'd get shit faced like twice a week at my peak.

But I never put on much muscle... I also didn't try to hard either... just stayed slim...

Over the past few years, I've put on a good amount of muscle and only drink and get drunk like once a month at most.

Alcohol does tank your protein synthesis and test production for like 12 hours after you drink... so keep that in mind.

Depends on how you drink.

For example, I, like the gentleman in the OP's pic, enjoy a glass of fine scotch. Sometimes neat, sometimes on the rocks.

You can most certainly drink, so long as you do so with class and refinement.

Everything in moderation

drinking is shit unless you're drinking to get drunk but being drunk is bad for you. conclusion: drinking is shit

I drink like once or twice a month heavily (6 drinks) and sometimes at dinner. Occasionally ill smoke a cigarette when I'm drunk. The only thing that sucks is the day after. Try to drink hard liquor and don't eat like shit when you're dunk. I had to quit weed and liquor for a while because of esophagitis. Also no spicy foods. sorry for the laggy blog post

I'm finishing up college and have been a fairly heavy weekend drinker for the past couple of years

last year I would go 2-3 nights at a time easily passing 10 drinks and up to 15-20 drinks

last Saturday I was drunk from 9 AM - 1 AM

Still 6'3, 215 lbs., lean enough although not cut, can bench 390, so it works out for now

I'm not going to maintain this pace of drinking after I graduate since I know it's not helping but it isn't necessarily a death sentence for staying Veeky Forums

now I don't know if daily alcoholics stand a chance

I'd like to see that 390lbs bench, which is almost 4 plates

I disagree, wine + nice food + staying at home and doing what I want is a time a lot betting than: going out, getting drunk, being at the same night out I've had for the last half a decade.

not him but... good luck meeting new vaginas when you spend the night home

>not going to continue that pace
>will no longer have homework obligations
>will probably have more expendable income

yeah ok buddy
also, is a communications degree hard? or are you business?

I mean I don't have a video on hand, I have overdeveloped delts which have always given me an edge in benching

have also been lifting for 6 years so my CNS is very mature

I saw some relative gains. Went from a cut at 210 to 160 with shit nutrition and getting drunk a fuckton. Then had some noob gains while still getting drunk a ton. It was honestly the only way I could transition out of my unhealthy relationship with bad food, alcohol abuse, so it worked out. And when you get serious with training, hopefully you aren't addicted and can cut it out and then you're golden.

I'm under a lot of pressure at a big state school to party every weekend and all of my friends drink heavily so that's a big factor why it gets to that point

You may not believe me but I am actually in Computer Science, with a solid ass resume and work experience

>*tibs febora

y-you too user

desu though pub is super boring now, regardless of meeting new people.
Tinder is there if I want to try dating again, need to stop being beta first.

I'm not addicted just kind of obligated

It's hard to not like booze though

I'm probably too old to post here but anyways.....
I used to be able to deal with the after effects of heavy drinking much better than I can now. Infact when I was younger I would go to the gym to lift heavy and sweat out all the poison from the night before. Around 25 I stopped being able to do that and needed to lay around for a day to recover.....also for a day or two after I wasn't able to lift properly (disoriented, weak, lethargic). This completely screwed up my routine so I cut back to only having a few drinks. When I hit 30 this level of moderation started to have a detrimental effect on my goals, also I stopped being able to get a good nights sleep after drinking 3 or 4 beers. Now I rarely drink at all....only on special occasions.

You seem to be able to power through it when you're younger, but it effects different people differently.

but if you're not getting wasted then the alcohol part of the wine is fucking pointless. i'd rather grape juice tbfh