Architecture

What is this particular design called?

Neo-KANGS

I got the answer from pol. If this is the kind of people that go on his/ nowadays, you really need to rethink your life

Just be glad someone bumped your thread

Neoclassical.

That's just an abstraction of a typical semi-circular masonry arch. They took the elements of an arch and blended them in with the rest of the facade. This is found particularly in Beaux-Arts Architecture in New York City and Paris, a recent example of which is found here at the Ralph Lauren flagship store in Manhattan.

t. Urban Planner

>t. Urban Planner

And you were this close to making a good post. Co gratulations, you made it a paragraph.

I'm not just pulling this shit from Google, I'm a decent source, not just a joe schmo. I like learning history from historians here, why can't others learn from my field? Sometimes I get hope that Veeky Forums has a sizable group of actual professionals somewhere out there and that it's not all NEETS screeching into the void.

Wanna discuss architecture and planning?

The problem was mostly not the declaring you're an Urban Planner part, it's shoving that reddit meme t.
down our throats.

Also there was no reason to insult NEETs. They often know more than the professionals.

nyc is a shithole because so many different architectural styles are mish mashed together in close proximity

there is no distinct look to the city just a never ending buffet of styles

>nyc is a shithole because so many different architectural styles are mish mashed together in close proximity
I like that combination of old and new, it's much better than places like Amsterdam.

You didn't even recognize it as neo-classical and you wanna talk like you know shit?

It's not just old and new

It's old, new, everything in between, pseudo new pseudo old, renovated new old all mashed together with no coherence whatsoever.

The very fact that it is an amalgamation of different styles and eras is what makes NYC architecture unique in it's own right. It's also a very American thing, especially for a city as diverse as NYC, so I think it's entirely appropriate. It does have it's own unique styles attributed to neighborhoods however, if that's what you're looking for. If you're interested in an American city with a super distinct urban design/architecture style, I'd suggest looking at Santa Fe NM, Charleston SC,and San Francisco.

Beaux-Arts is a school of neo-classical. It's more specific, i.e. Bebop vs. just "Jazz"

Why does that shit look like it's made of styrofoam and painted

>Santa Fe
Not really that unique unless you think muh adobe pueblo crap is the pinnacle of originality.

It's surfaced with brownstone, I've got a great book on NYC townhome resurfacing I could get around to scanning if you wanna see some diagrams my dude. It's actually really fascinating how constant upkeep is done on something you would figure would be relatively static.

Pueblo architecture is pretty distinct, especially if it gets abstracted into things like ordinary utilitarian buildings like that city has done. It stands out to me, at least.

Mentioning Santa Fe and not mentioning New Orleans sounds pretty retarded don't you think? Assuming you've been to both places.

I have. New Orleans is great, too. I spent my honeymoon there and got to see some great architecture in neighborhoods outside of the Quarter. Lot's of great wrought iron work going on in that city because of its unique position as an importer when a lot of that work was being commissioned. Tons of great American cities out there with interesting styles, I try to travel when I can. I wish I had more of an opportunity to do some international travel and go see some more things in Europe and Asia.

so when did t. become a reddit meme WHEN DID EVREYTHING BECOME SO NEWFPHAG REDDIT QUEEEER IVE SEEN YOU USE t.A SCOLDING FAGGOT LARPING AS AN OLDFAG
t.a sperg

t. isn't even a Veeky Forums meme, it was stolen from Krautchan which in turn stole it from Ylilauta.