*quips at you*

*quips at you*

>imagine having to sit there and read his stupid quips every day in your updates from Rome
>imagine having to pretend this fucking NEW MAN PLEBIAN is 'witty'.
>imagine having to deal with his stupid fucking nephew
>imagine having to pretend he was right to MURDER the catlinians.
>imagine pretending QUIPPING in the courts is the same as a pro-consulship in the provinces.

Got what he had coming desu.

>implying cicero didn't save the republic on NUMEROUS occasions
>implying I didn't CRIPPLE the LOATHSOME ambitions of Antony, the CHILDISH intentions of the Catilinarian scoundrels and DECIMATED the trust between the triumvirs
>implying Rome could ever thank cicero enough
>implying I wasn't the very essence of Romulus and Minerva made flesh
Want to know how I can tell your populares?

>A room without books is like a body without a soul.
the original redditor

Cicero was an insecure cunt just like most of the guys who grew up during the Sulla/Marius Kerfuffle.
"But guyse I hit every step on the cursus honorum in my year, I'm special".
The one good thing he did was throwing heat at the insufferable Marcus Antionius.

How dare he insult the KARA BOGA Sards?

>never lead an army in his life
>piss off a known hot head with a giant army

And people consider him intelligent in Latin countries.

>is just some faggot in the pockets of the aristocracy and the land owners who couldn't give less of a shit about the quality of life of the plebs and urban poor, the kind of politician that caused the republic to fall
>blocks all attempts at reforming the obviously broken system because "HURR DURR MUH REPUBLIC"
>spergs out when anyone tries fixing anything and when confronted about his lack of valid Arguments he just yells "monarchist! He wants to be king of Rome!"
>still likes LARPing as the saviour of the Republic
>also murdered a whole bunch of people without a trial
That little shit deserved crucifixion

I must ask, (((Cui Bono?)))

He got the violent dead he deserved, though he probably deserved the brazen bull even more

this, Cicero was a redditor.

Literally John McCain of his day.

>conspired to have triumvirs killed

HE WAS A GOOD BOI DINDU NUFFIN EVIL OCTAVIAN AND THE EVIL PROSCRIPTIONS

>Cicero is good/bad discussion

Bow down to the TRVEST ROMAN

>125x73

Maybe of the era. The truest roman was Cincinnatus. Or maybe Regulus.

>The truest roman was Cincinnatus

My nigger, Scaevola as well, legendary figure or not. Gens Fabia as TRVEST GENS, the whole motherfucking gens went to war on their own against the city of Veii

>that story of him getting btfo by Caesar reading his stepsister's love letter in the Senate is amazing

lmao wrong thread

>Le moral degeneration
Was he the original /pol/tard?

I thought that was Cato, not Cicero.

That was Cato you flit

Close but not quite.
The truest most Roman vir was his Cato the Elder.
>resisting the pederasty of degens from Greece
>being a ruthless but highly effective commander
>Ceterum censeo Carthaginem delendam esse
>Censoring people from the Senate for questionable morals
>Enacting the Porcian Law
>BTFOing the entire Scipio-clan, ensuring the Republic is not hijacked.
Need I go on?

>>imagine pretending QUIPPING in the courts is the same as a pro-consulship in the provinces.
he was a pro-consul though

Imagine being Catiline in that scene and having to be all like "damn, Marcus Tulius Cicero, you fuckin' fine, all virtuous with your consulship and oration skills. I would totally call you father and grant you dictatorial powers, both my supporters and the real me." when all he really wants to do is fuck another vestal virgin in his villa. Like seriously imagine having to be Catiline and not only sit on that bench while Marcus Tulius Cicero flaunts his disgusting banter in front of you, the natural lighting barely concealing his wrinkles and leathery skin, and just sit there, quip after quip, hour after hour, while he perfected that speech. Not only having to tolerate his monstrous fucking visage but his haughty attitude as everyone in the senate tells him he's STILL GOT IT and DAMN, MARCUS TULIUS CICERO SPEAKS LIKE *THAT*?? because they're not the ones who have to sit there and listen to his fucking gremlin face spout all sorts of insults you didn't even know existed before that day. You've been had nothing but a healthy military career and Praetorship and later alleged conspiracy to overthrow the republic and make yourself king for your ENTIRE CAREER coming straight out of the boonies of the gens Sergia. You've never even heard anything this fucking equestrian before, and now you swear you can taste the sweat that's breaking out on his plebian face as he yowls insultingly at you, smugly assured that you are enjoying the opportunity to sit there and revel in his "cultured (for that is what he calls himself)" oration, the oration he worked so hard for by reading Greek philosophers over the previous months. And then the dictator calls for a execution without trial, and you know you could kill every single senator in this room before the lictors could put you down, but you sit there and endure, because you're fucking Catiline. You're not going to lose your future political career over this. Just bear it. Hide your face and bear it.

>moral degeneration isn't real and it's just a meme invented by /pol/

Also, remember you had to deal with the fact that he abused his power as Consul and had his political enemies illegally executed.

So, where did Romans shitpost?

Pol didnt invent the idea but they did make it into a meme

Learn what the word meme means.

>he hasn't seen the Pompeii graffiti image

Just regular walls.

graffiti

>Gaius and Aulus
Gets me every time