Professor insists obelisks were designed to symbols of phallic power

>Professor insists obelisks were designed to symbols of phallic power
This is Freudian meme psychology, right? When I look at an obelisk my first thought isn't, "yeah, that'll show those dumb roasties whose boss." My first thought is more like, "Wew, tall innit?"

Why can't tall thing be tall for the sake of being tall?

this book explains dominator (male) culture and its usurption of female as humanity transisted through cultural and pastoral revolutions. phallic worship is part of it but not directly, more so to directly worship gods, personifications of such, the father, the sun, the lifegiver (and taker) etc

Tall things can be tall for the sake of being tall. And that's what obelisks are. Your professor is a nut.

I know that Osiris’ dong plays a big role in Egyptian mythology and I’m pretty sure obelisks are supposed to represent that but I could be wrong though.

your only recourse is to diregard obviously idiotic trains of thought OP, you can't do anything to persuade them differently, just get your education and filter out meme opinions

>Terence McKenna

You mean the guy that "just happened" to be involved in a lot of dodgy CIA shit (but it's all good because DUDE LSD LMAO)

hands down weakest attempt at a shill ive seen in a while hey and ive been here a while hey

dude is definitely "part of the empire", a profit, guru, technocracy, call it whatever you want, hes in.

All roasties think about is dick that why is they accuse men of putting dicks everywhere

Roasties are not human

Yeah, it's Freudian meme psychology that was debunked over a century ago. Even most psychologists think Freud is retarded.

Jew looks at something:
Hmm it must be the penis.

This they are perverted freaks

I don't find it hard to believe. The only difference is that I don't see it as a problem. Womanhood and femininity has also been glorified throughout history as well.

A lot of English profs ascribe psychoanalytic sexual theories to cultural artifacts like art, architecture etc. The "if it's taller than it's wide, it's a phallus" thing is itself a meme amongst liberal arts profs because most of them know it's dumb schlock that gets spouted by pseuds because it's so easy to do.

The truth is that obelisks, stelae, etc. in the ancient world were mostly associated with solar imagery, reaching towards the sun/sky as a metaphor for human ascendancy and achievement. Modern obelisks (like the Washington Monument) are prevalent in contemporary nations because using the glorious past to legitimize present power structures is a common recurring theme in the modern world (even stuff as far-flung as memes like WE are variants of this).

And as for non-religious/non-cultural "phallic" buildings like skyscrapers, those are purely for saving latitudinal space, because we can't just keep growing out our cities width-wise, it's not tenable.

>The truth is that obelisks, stelae, etc. in the ancient world were mostly associated with solar imagery

I agree with this.

>, reaching towards the sun/sky as a metaphor for human ascendancy and achievement.

Not this.

If you ask me, it's more likely that the obelisks came to be because everyone knew that the gods were in the sky.

Seriously, wtf is wrong with Semites?

name ONE(1) thing worse than secular jewish dialectics

My professor also told me this, as well as
>medieval Europeans would never wash, even if they rolled in mud or feces
and insisted this was why Europe suffered more harshly from the plague than the Middle East. Surely this can't be true, right?

Remind him that sauna/banya existed in eastern europe.

someone told me romans had tons of actual dick symbols around because they just considered them good or something so idk

Seeing dicks and cunts in every object tells you more about the analyst than about the object tbqh.

What fucking country? Dude should be fired for being a retard.

Good ol' US of A.

To be fair, it was at a community college and not a real one.