How would you have dealt with the mongols, Veeky Forums?

how would you have dealt with the mongols, Veeky Forums?

Infected them with decadence.

Submit to Mongols and give them some tribute.

Marry Khan with my daughter to gain influence in their court.

Surrender, pay his tithe and go on with my life completely the same since the Mongols had no interest in ruling

they would assassinate you the moment she shits out a son

Study the blade and challenge the khan to a 1v1

This
Of course not. Your son would only be your heir, and above all, someone they can hope to be more loyal to them, as well as your own loyalty.

Stop posting this image.

>Study the blade
He laughs and shoots you in the chest

Because horse archer.

Machine guns

flee with the professional core of my army and live with my relatives or in the mountains and forests while he ravages my kingdom then return when they leave to fight some civil war after the khan gets piss drunk and drowns in a pond

before the next inevitable war, begin building stone fortifications, hiring italian craftsmen to teach us how to make proper crossbows and raise horses on the land once cultivated by my now dead peasants, move all my wealth to jews and italian bankers elsewhere

when the next war kicks off, have lots of cheapo levied peasants brainwashed to think they go straight to heaven when they die fill the castles and shoot crossbows at besiegers while my light cavalry constantly harries the Mongols before running back to the castles, if the mongols make it across the border marches, do this across the Kingdom

*wears armor*

Marry off daughters to generals, be a vassal, keep my shit and seek politically adventageous maneuvers against rivals. Probably adopt cav arch tactics/regiment/economy (horses!). Alternatively form alliance with local rivals and try fair better then the romans vs guns .. Or Russia... Or Baghdad :/

Whichever ones more likely to let me/save the principality/kingdom/area.

I would've bent the knee and become his most loyal servant.

at the very least not execute the envoys

Quicksaving. Lots of it

I would put pikemen in a line all across the map and archers behind

A whole lotta this and heavy archers

And hammer a bunch of wooden stakes around my archers to make sure the mongols don't charge them.
Also add supply wagons full of ammo and arms around my army layout, the same way Richard the lionheart did against Saladin.
Build supply routes and forts near rivers/mountains so the mongols can't cut it off.

the best way to deal with the Mongols

raise their leader to the nobility, give him some gold and guns, marry him to one of my qt nieces and keep his offspring in the royal capital while he fulfils his duties on the steppes

fpbp
Cultural subversion seems to be the only thing that works.

Activate my trap card