Fucked up geopolitics

Why do russians have such a boner for Greece and hate for Turkey?

I can see the historical relugious ties, but beyond that meme, there's nothing practical in it. Greece is an absolute anglo-american, EU and NATO bitch, whereas Turkey is the one actually holding the straits and much more 'independent' in its international stand and much more approachable as it's basically despised by the west.

Seems to me Russia would have much to gain by cutting free of the useless greek deadweight and approach Turkey instead.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_Union_referendum,_1991
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It was an old Imperial ideology, designed, really, to integrate easy Turkish clay.

Russia is doing stuff with Turkey now, and not so much with Greece. Still, there are millennia old cultural ties.

Muh Third Rome

I doubt it. They(turkey)'re like the one power they (Russia) can pick on.

Daily reminder Constantinople was lost.

>Turkey isn't NATO's biggest bitch
Just by looking at a world map you can tell who's the military bitch of that region

>Greece is an absolute anglo-american, EU and NATO bitch

It's really easy how to spot Russian posters when they spew this garbage.

Let me guess, you also think that NATO aggressively expands too

Russo-Turkish wars -12
First - 1568
Last - 1914
Russia-Greese wars - 0
>Why do russians have such a boner for Greece and hate for Turkey?
no hui znaet bratan

Turkey is full of turks.

Russia today doesn't have any friends in the true sense of the world. They insist on looking at the world through a harsh realpolitik lens, meaning that they only see objects with relative usefulness. If it would suit them they'd drop Greece like a brick and attach themselves to the Turk Dick. And feel good and cunning for having thought of doing that.
This literally from another age.

Literally every country has joined it because they themselves wanted to and they did this by a democratically process. Meanwhile when democracy arrived in eastern Europe, literally everyone voted to get away from the Soviets.

>russia is such an insecure autismo of a """"power"""" that they need 1000km of safespace.
What a fucking joke.

I guess all those coups and movements backed by the USA in the Americas was just insecurity about the size of their penis too

Joining a mutual defensive pact is only seen as an aggresive move by russian because it makes it harder for them to bully their neighbors and former subjects.
Shouldnt have lost the cold war Boris

>literally everyone voted to get away from the Soviets
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_Union_referendum,_1991
hmmm

>This literally from another age.
New ages, same problems.

>equating coldwar and post-coldwar
Are you retarded?

Factually wrong. Different ages, different rules and different solutions.

>America dosen't give a shit about South American politics
Are you?

Welcome to geopolitics
Russia hates USA and Nato

Greece and Turkey are in Nato but control the most strategic areas in the Meditterenan

Greece and Turkey hate each other.

Russia is the spiritual offspirng of Greece and has the same religion as Russia but Turkey is starting to deslike the USA because of the Kurds and the middle-east wars.

1568 - Turkey supported Crimean Khanate
1783 - Turkey supported Crimean Khanate
2014 - Turkey supported Crimean tatars
>Different ages, different rules and different solutions.
Tell me more.

Implying that I said any of the sort. Are you completely illiterate?

I don't know mate, you're the one getting upset when Russia shits in its backyard and excuses America doing the same, they're both fuckheads about geopolitical shit

>I'm retarded
>explain it to me like I'm five
It's self-evident that reacting to contemporary political situations like a 16th century Muscovite Mongol successor state won't fly today.

There is no Russian backyard. That's their own delusional construct not accepted by literally anyone else. They are shitting on other sovreign states, which by contemporary standards is not kosher.

I just hope you're criticizing America for the shit they pull in Latin America or the French in Africa, because otherwise you're just a pretentious faggot

The globalists love them some NATO, which is why it's expanded so massively. It provides another institution to impose globalism on unwilling populaces. This is its only purpose.

In 1568 the Grand Vizier Sokollu Mehmet Paşa, initiated the first encounter between the Ottoman Empire and her future northern rival. A plan to unite the Volga and Don by a canal was detailed in Constantinople. In the summer of 1569 a large force under Kasim Paşa of 20,000 Turks and 50,000 Tatars were sent to lay siege to Astrakhan and begin the canal works.
>that reacting to contemporary political situations like a 16th century Muscovite Mongol successor state won't fly today.
Today not to defend? Immediately give up?

Let's see:
>we write with a modification of Greek alphabet
>we have Greek religion
>heavily influenced by Greek culture
So yeah, fuck Greeks!
Seriously I have no idea why do you presume it's A or B, as if Turkey and Greece are forced to be at each others throats in 21st century.
Cooperation with both is also a possibility. But realistically we like Greeks more.

Their reasoning today is different than "taking a shit in our backyard because we want to and don't like something". The situations are evaluated by different rules and different solutions are sought, even if one of the tools in toolbox is still military action.

It's not like Turkey has its eyes on conquering the Volga these days, user. Their strategic goals are different and can be somewhat compatible with those of Russia

???

No, it's not, you biased shill. It's literally same reasoning. The reasoning of every great power in history of world.
To imply Russia is special is just dishonest.

Pan-Turkism never died.

You're categorically wrong, the reasons are the same it's just the rhetoric that differs

>It provides another institution to impose globalism on unwilling populaces

Unlike ofcourse the Soviet bloc, where everyone was happy and 1991 didn't happen.

reasoning (rēˈzə-nĭng)►

n.
Use of reason, especially to form conclusions, inferences, or judgments.
n.
Evidence or arguments used in thinking or argumentation.

Illiterate peasants.

could potentially be turned against them
during the cold war us used to have missile bases in turkey to fuck them up from close distance

The Soviets ceased to exist in 1991. The NATO went on, as if cold war never ended. Now let's review who was the aggressor for the past 25+ years.

1) In 1999, NATO bombed Yugoslavia without UN sanction for 78 days, militarily occupied the territory of Kosovo, later recognized it as independent and redrew the map of Europe.

2) In 2001, the US invaded Taliban-controlled Afghanistan without UN sanction to apprehend Osama bin Laden. For 15 years NATO troops attempted and failed to bring about democracy in that country through military means, but somehow the only thing that improved in Afghnistan since then is opium production.

3) In 2003, the US falsified the pretext that Saddam Hussein possessed weapons of mass destruction to invade the sovereign state of Iraq. The US pulled out after a decade-long occupation, but Iraq remains gripped by widespread sectarian violence led by al-Qaida and then ISIS

4) Then there was the 2011 NATO fiasco in Libya that directly resulted in the spread of heavily armed al-Qaida militants into Mali in 2012 and set off the current migrant exodus into Europe

5) Let's not forget ongoing intervention in Syria where NATO nations are allied with Saudi-funded wahhabi terrorists

On the flip side, we have Russia’s war with Georgia (initiated by Georgia), bloodless annexation of Crimea (complete with a favourable referendum result to illustrate local support), both of which were precedeed by waves of NATO expansion in Eastern Europe.