Humanity

This video covers warfare, politics and humanity over the past century. It covers the World Wars, the Russian Revolution and the Moon Landing among others. Is this a fair representation of mankind?

youtube.com/watch?v=gQMXluM0eeI

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/britishpathe
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>12 minutes of war/conflict footage
>Humanity
No

It's more like half the video.

>shameless promotion of a mutt kid's propaganda fueled view of the world.
May something slightly unpleasant happen to you, like an onion falling on your head.

>literally 2/3rds of the video is about WWII
>a few minutes of riots
>some North Korea
>some 9/11
>some ISIS
>Trump
>the end
That was a very bland video. There was SO much that happened in the 20th century and it was just filled with stuff any normie would think of.

What should be included?

music, films, plays, sports, achievements, scientific development, etc.

The title says "Humanity" and is 75% war despite the majority of humanity never having directly experienced war or conflicts.

this is high school tier "deep" humanity is fucked bullshit.

The course of history is not decided on the baseball field.

Influential films fair enough, music fair enough (sort of), science fair enough although I did include Einstein (it's quite difficult to find exciting footage of DNA for example). I also wanted to show that although huge battles and events like D-Day happened, you should look at sweatshops and our consumer culture to see what will happen next.

One other point I was making was that there is a stark contrast between the statesmen that make military decisions and the experiences of those on the front lines.

The music, too, made sense to use: it has been used as an official or unofficial anthem by many different states throughout the last hundred years: Nazi Germany, Soviet Union, Mao's China, European Union, etc.

But you're not saying anything new. You're not looking at this thing from a new and fresh angle. Slapping together war footage which all ready have dramatic and emotional connotation, is easy. The job is pretty much done for you. This is stuff I could have done in windows movie maker in 8th grade, all though I would probably add a edgy amount of nuclear explosions.

Here's a challenge. Try to create somehting about humanity in the 20th century that has nothing to do with any of the wars or conflicts.

How about everything miniscule? Everyday life and how thats evolved? What do we have in common with the people who lived a 100 years ago?

True. I know it wasn't groundbreaking or anything, it was just fun to make. I mostly just wanted to use the music in something.

Your suggestion is good, the only problem is a lack of footage. I do like your idea of focusing on the common man, and I somewhat tried to do that with the sweatshop part.

HumanityIs100YearsOld.mov

Haha

I would've liked to have gone a lot further back, but I decided to only have video so that it wouldn't be a slideshow.

> the only problem is a lack of footage
youtube.com/user/britishpathe
Here's 82 000 videos. Hundred thousands of hours of footage about everything in the 20th century. Knock yourself out.

Brilliant, thanks for the link!

also, try to stay clear of obvious music choices like beethoven, bach, mozart. (this goes for anything by zimmer, williams, morricone, hisaishi as well)
Try to find something more fitting to the piece. Something that doesnt come with alot of baggage all ready. Makes your piece stand out more.

Doesnt have to be classical, some dude singing and playing the guitar might be plenty.

Sees like an edgy teenager attempt at being deep

Wow someone watched A Clockwork Orange and decided to make a "le deep" video.
Ok footage choices I guess but about as uninteresting as it gets; It's fine for a highschool project I'm sure.

Did you read the other posts? It clearly isn't supposed to be groundbreaking or "deep", just a little personal project.

Do you have any constructive criticism?

moon landing, hitler, tianamen square, 9/11, pretty generic

Start by not naming a little personal project "humanity"