Hey Veeky Forums . Remember the old Business Books threads?

Hey Veeky Forums . Remember the old Business Books threads?

If So, Anyone got a link to some business books? Thanks.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!1R0QATqZ!Eb1_M5KC9gkxK6w32R2ETw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wealth_of_Nations
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Maynard_Keynes
youtu.be/DozrRY2NENU
youtu.be/LeclUjKm408
warosu.org/biz/thread/S25069
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

mega.nz/#F!1R0QATqZ!Eb1_M5KC9gkxK6w32R2ETw

You are welcome user.

Honestly, I have found WH40K fiction novels more useful than most business books I have read.

>1. How to get rich
>2. Write a book
>3. Sell book to biz noobs

If you are just starting a LLC and need to know legal shit, then yeah, dummies is ok. But your not going to find trading strategies that work in a book.

One of my finance professor pointed out a case of a very sucessful mutual fund which the lead fund manager trained his replacement for 10 years and the fucker still fucked it up after he retried. Trading is not about book smarts but intuition and self discipline. If you can't control your emotions then a bot can with a set of rules can trade better than you.

Thanks friend, I loved old Veeky Forums. I wish I could find a good archive for the first 3 months of posts. Twas a treasure trove of info.

same here. how it's all coins

>you will not finding trading strategies that work in a book
Oh you will, I literally was able to find two growth stocks this year which 8x and 2.5x so far this year. All because of a book Veeky Forums shilled to me.

Mainly looking on info on starting small businesses,
Working from home..
Affiliate marketing, Dropshipping, and doing retail etc.

Which book?

You can literally find that all on YouTube unless you are talking about pirating pdfs. Then well. You have learned the first step to becoming rich.

But here is the deal. You need to find people who have experience who want to talk about it.

Not some shitty motivational speaker, but maybe like someone in the local area that has made it. I got to meet ups and networking even though I am an autist and listen to what people have done. Lots of bullshit, but chances are you might learn something or at least learn from their mistakes.

Zulu Investing

Honestly, that is pure fucking luck. I picked 500% winners out of blind dart throwing.

If you read a real text book you will learn shit about systematic and unsystematic risk and random walk and standard deviation weight calculations with risk management.

But we aren't hear for retirement are we?

Buy a college text book on finance not what some douche is trying to shill you. If their strategies worked 100% of the time, they wouldn't need to write a book nor would they want to as if too many people use the same strategy it fucks up the strategy (can't think of the case name, but there was someone who started copying a mutual fund and it just fucked up everyone involved when the public did it).

By that read some goddamn economic journals.... If you need someone to explain it to you in middle school english maybe technicals aren't for you.

What types of networking events/meetups do you attend? Any specific orgs?

The timing was lucky, but my selection was definitely not. The book laid out a very strict stock selection process based on fundamental analysis, which is decently easy to follow mostly because im very adept in processing and analyzing financial information. It makes undervalued stocks very easy to spot.

Reading books is beta. Many successful business men didn't even know how to write.

Riddle me this. If it was reliable, then why don't the corporate traders do it?

Also how do you avoid a company that has shit luck?

Entrepreneurial stuff mostly and finance related. I know people from Goldman Sachs but fuck if I want to work there. Know a guy who fucking worked himself to death for them. They gave him nice disability though.

Anything written in the 20th or this century is trash and should be ignored

What older books do you recommend? Any gold throughout the centuries?

A persons mind is generally compiled of information, they can transmit their useful information through books and word of mouth.
I look for both, although I do say that a mentors words are better for current events.

Because the book targets small caps with limited analyst coverage. Both of the stocks I picked which grew exponentially had literally zero corporate coverage.

I don't know if this will work in more efficient markets and larger corporate investors like the US, but it did in my countries exchange.

>Also how do you avoid a company that has shit luck
You don't. No strategy will make you avoid that.

The problem is that sometime around the 1980's people started spewing self help shit to make themselves rich so you have to avoid all that.

But if we go into history...

Adam Smith
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wealth_of_Nations

Keynes may not be as relevant (and the Austrians will shit all over him) but he did have some insight on trading on the stock market on you should not invest in what you think is good but rather what other people think is good and profit off them (forget which book that was)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Maynard_Keynes

But there a key problem and this applies to modern books as well. Technology is changing so much that a lot of theory is going into the trash.

You might have better luck if you read one of Ray Kurzweilds book.

Really in 1990 Snow Crash literally predicted virtual currency and ancap economics. Crypto is pure scifi made reality.

This video is important

youtu.be/DozrRY2NENU

And this video is more educational than a lot of 500 page books I have read.

youtu.be/LeclUjKm408

Any list that doesn't have Krugman's "International Economics" is worth shit desu

do i remember them???
yeah
i made the first fucking thread

warosu.org/biz/thread/S25069
here you go d00d

is it the zulu principle?

Christ Krugman's a joke as a man and a columnist, but is he worth reading at all when he sticks to economics without letting his 'liberal conscience' get in the way?
>muh "Nobel" prize
Don't care - most Economics 'Nobel laureates' are absolutely worthless.

I'm currently reading "Anti-Fragile: Things that Gain from Disaster" by N.N. Taleb and it's pretty awesome and seems very relevant to crypto.