Does catalonia even have an historical legitimacy?

The county of Barcelona was an independent country for 300 years, but that's really all, Barcelona wasn't really this important back then.
They've declared their independence several times, but it never really did anything.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aragonese_language
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>what is the Kingdom of Aragon
You shut the fuck up and pick up a book.

theyre just a bunch of faggots, catalonia has always been spanish

The nation of Aragon lost its nation-statedom after the castillians adopted bull shows which were their only trait that distitnuguished the two. They are now the same nation, have a king, and are by law the same. Some rabble of peasants voting doesn't make something legitimate, and it never has. They're literally a bunch of fair-weather friends LARPing as silicon valley when they're more honduras than california.

same flag, same fate

>you lose your nationhood when under the thumb of another state despite speaking distinct languages, having a different culture (albeit mildly), and having historical precursors
Probably one of the dumbest fucking posts I have ever read on this board and I watched that retard post about how you couldn't sail to Sicily until the renaissance. Learn the difference between a state and nation and come back until you do.

>and come back until you do.
homo

Diplomacy without arms is like music without instruments- Frederic the great

t. gallego

>Aragon lost its nation-statedom after the castillians adopted bull
They were ruled as a different state until the 1700s and later.Ferdinand and Isabella was a regal union not an administrative, social, legal or cultural one.

Spain is scat

You're so fucking dumb it hurts my brain.
Could not agree more.

>>you lose your nationhood when under the thumb of another state
well uh, technically

Give independence. We've been here since before the celts.

this makes a lot more sense but i think everyone should have independence

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aragonese_language

Are you stupid or something?

If Portugal is allowed to be separate I don't see why other can't since the perfection of Spain is already broken

Hello my Basque brother

do you guys speak Basque too?

it was aragonese in name only, really. aragon was always the rural part of the kingdom. the heart of the kingdom was in catalonia culturally, politically and economically.

It wasn't even an independent country any more than county of Toulouse was. Both were part of the French realm. Neither the count of Toulouse nor the one in Barcelona in the XI century gave a shit about what the King of France had to say ofc, but formally they both were his vassals.

It's really ironic that Catalonia/County of Barcelona/whatever you wanna call it is actually one of the very few pieces of clay in the Iberian peninsula that has never ever ever in their entire fucking history been a sovereign entity.

compare that situation to Poland, Catalunya certainly has more right to be on the map

Why?

Poland only ceased to exist as a state between 1795-1919 (and german/soviet occupation in WWII).

Catalonia has never been an independent state to begin with. Even fucking Wales has more independent history than Catalonia.

Catalonians need to fucking bow down to their Castilian/Aragonese Visigoth overlords, (AKA master race)

>Master Race.
>Lose to Ar*bs.

they got rich and uppity when given access to "trade" with Cuba and Puerto Rico

>Lose to Ar*bs

And immediately began a Reconquista that continued on for centuries, they never gave up and eventually won, Spain was created and became a world power. Catalonians are no better than shitskin Arabs, tho

>Visigoth
That's the German Nobility ruling over you