What did Ancient Roman look like?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1_bMrTysuJs&t=471s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Like modern Italians

The best bet is that they look most similar to modern Sardinians

This is what a real latin man looks like, with ancient roman phenotype

>muhammad bin al salah

Have you considered looking at ancient Roman art?

okay rodrigues

>This fucking thread again:the thread
Romans weren't an uniform "race" so people looked quite different varying from place to place and there was a lot of internal migration and intermarrying between ethnicities and no, the vast majority of the people weren't 6'2'' blue eyed blondes.

Pic related: Gothic youth in liberated Rome ca. 504 ANNO DOMINI

This, the latins and (according to their own myth) trojan migrants looked one way. But Rome had gauls, africans, greeks, persians, dacians, germani, iberians, all joining Rome as citizens through service. Anyone whose ancestor was ballsy enough to spend 20 years in a legion was a Roman, and later on anyone living in a province at all was Roman.

It's like asking what does an American look like.

>It's like asking what does an American look like.

yeah...but people always think of a caucasian guy when they talk about Amercan, not Black or Asian

>nooooo he's too brown for a roman!
>nooooo he's too white for a roman!

make up your minds Veeky Forums

I always imagined they looked like the wops playing this game

youtube.com/watch?v=1_bMrTysuJs&t=471s

Like Italians. Whiter in the north, swarthier in the south.

Unironically

You wouldn't be wrong to think of a white american, but you wouldn't be wrong either to think of blacks, asians, natives, latinos, mutts or any other kind of guy.

And idk about

>people always think of a caucasian guy when they talk about Amercan

either, maybe from an outsider's perspective. It might be a little more segregated in some places but the average American going about his day sees and interacts with people of different races, from your boss to random guy on the street to guy behind the gas station counter.

I always think of a WASP-tier dude sitting behind a computer when I talk about an American but that could be because I've been around those type of Americans my whole life

I'm not American and I always have in mind the different groups of people that inhabit your country when I think about it, perhaps you're unironically too racist.

If I take off that mask will you die?

In many Asian countries, American is synonymous with white

Why?

This

Probably has to do with all the military action. They weren't segregated units but even now majority of our combat units are white guys, moreso going further back. For most of the people in those countries those men were the ones they saw, the people they knew as Americans.

Damn, never noticed before, but he actually looks like a Roman depiction, lol

>WE

Now post the true Roman

lol what a necklet

They share a similar genetic timeline to Latins and Mediterraneans from antiquity, with hardly any genetic contributions from non-natives like Northern Europeans.
Their demographic has hardly changed since Roman times.

He's not an ethnic Italian though.

>Their demographic has hardly changed since Roman times.

Really? How'd they manage that with all the shit that has happened since the fall of Rome?

Yes he is.

Tough to really say, but they sure were manlets.