QTDDTOT

Last thread ded

Been lifting for 4 months, I'm extremely frustrated with my bench. When I started benching every workout (alternating high volume/high weight) I finally started seeing some good improvement. I also noticed that I plateau then move back whenever I stop eating at a surplus.

I have about 3 weeks left of eating at a surplus before I really need to start cutting (long cut). What's to stop me just benching 5x/week to build up as much as I can before the cut? (and maybe add some pulling to balance out the pushing)

Are kidney beans considered to be excellent protein?

Beans in general are a great source of protein. They have plenty of carbs too, but I eat them every day because overall they have great micros and complex carbs.

I would assume that you don't want to bench 5x a week because your muscles will never recover.

What's the best routine for me if I want to look good for Halloween?

I used to lift (bench 200, squat 3pl8, deadlift 3pl8) but stopped a year ago. I've just kickboxed since.

Currently 6'5", ~195lbs. I can probably still bench 175, and squat 250ish.

Should I just go back to bulking on SS with some arms thrown in? I just want to look OK in 6 weeks desu.

You're not going to look much different in 6 weeks. You're literally talking about 6 pounds of bodyweight.

I'd be lucky to even gain 6 pounds in that time frame without dirty bulking. I still want to follow the program that gets me the best results in that time frame, though.

Any suggestions, or should I just SS hard?

That seems like the logical conclusion, but I've heard of people doing this intentionally before, and that it's basically impossible to overtrain as a novice before.

Hypothetically speaking, I wouldn't be going to failure all 5 days

How do you go from talking to a woman to asking her out?

Do you only ask out women that you immediately hit it off with?

What do you do when you don't talk for long, but you don't know if you'll see them again? Is it just a lost cause at that point?

If you don't think you'll see them again, make a move. You lose no matter what if you take off and don't see them again, while you have a chance with them if you do make a move. Even if all you do is tell them that you think they're cute and you'd like to see them again, you've improved your chances.

Play to win, bruh

is after burner effect real?

Do you normally gotta cook them 1lb at a time or can you portion it out?

I'm retarded I've never made them.

Fatty here get shin splints whenever i go for a walk/jog

Wat do?
Does KT tape work for that or is it just a meme.

Two months in, raking in newbie gains on everything but bench press.
Deadlift and squat progressing really well, but bench started at 115, hit 135 a few weeks later, and stuck ever since.
Been stuck at 1pl8 and only today able to finish 3x5 without failure.
Is this normal?

will i lose all my muscle if i eat really low below TDEE? my tdee is around 2300 but im trying to cut to 160 lbs so i can lean bulk. Currently sitting at 180 lbs just been on a long ass cut and want to get it over with/eat some damn food for once. Thanks bros

I cook them in 1lb batches and that gives me 5-6 servings for the week. Basically just soak the dry beans overnight in a pot of water, then when you are ready to cook them the next day just replace the water and boil for like 30 minutes or until they are as soft as you want them. It's really simple and cheap. I eat them with frank's hot sauce most of the time by themselves.

i started exactly the same but i did rep ranges 3x10
i also added 5 pounds total every week i benched.

Happened to me too. Turned out I wasn't eating enough

Cool, will try that.
I wonder if it will change immediate soreness.
Doing 3x5 I strain and stay tight to complete 5 reps but when I get up I feel like I didn't do anything. No strain or tightness, like with squats or dl.

Not even close to there, but curious: is there a consensus on how to just maintain your gainz? I assume you eat at maintenance, but sets x reps? Times / week? Weights?

3200kcal/day, 180-200g protein.

Great thanks

SS is not going to make you look much better, and especially not in 6 weeks.

Be my guest to try, but noticeable results don't happen in 6 weeks.

Cool, but I can't really say anything about that without your other stats. I'm 5'10 180 lbs and that's about what I eat, but with more carbs and less protein.

Odds are you don't need as much protein as that, and carbs can be important as a source of energy when you lift. I used to always lift before I ate, but I feel like it usually goes better for me when I've had a large meal a few hours beforehand now.

They did for me. No pics, but after 4 weeks from 16% BF DYEL I was finding muscles on my shoulders and back that I'd never seen before. I'm gonna touch them now.

Is there a program that you'd recommend I try out instead of SS?

I'm not trying to look great, but I want to improve as much as I can in 6 weeks.

>it's basically impossible to overtrain as a novice before.
that's the most broscience thing I've heard all day

5x a week is complete overkill, I'd look for exercises to help your muscle groups individually, which will in-turn help your bench.

sounds like you bulked too long. More than 1lb/week is gonna lose muscle.

If you're just fat you're not gonna be holding onto much muscle anyhow

Someone?

I'm calling bullshit. Even if you gained 4 pounds of solid muscle, it'd be unnoticeable. And you didn't gain 4 pounds of solid muscle.

No, I'd say trying to "look good" in 6 weeks is completely missing the point of working out. You'll look good after a few months, not 6 weeks.

never bulked before. coming from 260 pounds fat assss

all my lifts are 1 pl8 so idk how much muscle i have at all. should i just fast cut and gain strength once im at a reasonable weight and bodyfat?

Don't bench 5x/week. Bench every 2-3 days 5x5 increasing 5lbs every time. Focus on perfect form, and wait longer in between sets if you need to. If you're going for strength, you can take a 5 minute break in between sets if you really need it, just make sure to finish.

They are a good part of a healthy diet. Wouldn't say excellent source of protein, but whether bulking , cutting, or maintaining beans are great to eat. Read about bean proteins vs animal proteins. Bean falls short, but it's important to get different kinds of protein. So eat beans and drink milk, but get most of your protein from chicken, beef, eggs, etc.

Your best bet is eating 400 calories above maintenance, 120 carbs/day for 4 weeks. volume train like 3x12 multiple exercises per muscle, then cut for the last 2 weeks.

You're saying that like there's a definite, single point to working out. I understand that gaining reasonable amounts of strength or size take time and effort, and that working out for 6 weeks isn't enough time to transform yourself. I've worked out regularly in the past. Lifting took me from 165 lbs to 200 lbs at 6'5", but it took me well over a year and a half to achieve that.

Right now I'm taking a break from kickboxing and getting back into lifting. I'm trying to pick a program, and I figured a nice short-term goal would be to look as good as possible for Halloween. I thought I'd try to find a program that would best fit that short-term goal while I'm still getting back into lifting.

Is SS not the right program for that, or are you saying that my program choice won't matter over such a short period of time?

will i lose all my muscle if i eat really low below TDEE? my tdee is around 2300 but im trying to cut to 160 lbs so i can lean bulk. Currently sitting at 180 lbs just been on a long ass cut and want to get it over with/eat some damn food for once. Thanks bros

more info

>all my lifts are 1 pl8 so idk how much muscle i have at all. should i just fast cut and gain strength once im at a reasonable weight and bodyfat?

Is chicken skin bad for you?

you're not gonna lose muscle because you don't have any.

Still tho, I would bet at your current weight eating at more than 750 cal below your TDEE is probably as low as you go.

>Is SS not the right program for that, or are you saying that my program choice won't matter over such a short period of time?
The latter.

did you feel it necessary to post this twice?

I want to be completely recovered on Friday, should I deload today or skip completely?
7th week of training btw

It's pretty high in fat without as much protein as meat, so to be honest I wouldn't consider it clean eating. But lay them out on a tray, salt them, and bake for 30 min at 375 and damn do you have a delicious snack.

I suck at cooking and meal prep in general. What would you guys recommend as a staple diet? What meals/recipes should I always have on hand?

Thanks user

Will my newb gains be wasted if I'm morbidly obese and start lifting at a deficit?

yeah, i did sadly.

Thanks anyways senpai

I know it's not ideal, but recipes are just IIFYM sort of deals.

Grab a cookbook, find something that works for you, try something new each week.

Soon enough you try enough recipes to find a couple that are easy enough to make, taste good, and yield plenty.

Prepping a ton of rice, beans, and chicken at the beginning of the week is convenient. My personal recommendation is learn how to make a good fried rice. You can basically throw whatever you want in it to make it fit your needs. For example, extra eggs and adding chicken gives it more protein. Add nuts for a crunch as well as protein. Add whatever chopped up veggies you want so you don't die of scurvy. It can be made in big batches and the soy sauce is the dominant flavor so it's hard to screw up unless you add too much salt or something.

How autistic do I have to go about weighing my food?

For instance, a big part of my diet now is turkey breast sandwiches with a bit of mayo. It's easy to get the calories for the bread and the mayo is also easy seeing as I use a little measuring spoon. The turkey breast is cut at a deli and it varies from slice to slice, so in order to have an idea of what I'm eating I'd have to weigh it

Do I just do that once and keep using the same number of slices on my sandwiches, or do I need to measure it every time I make a sandwich in order to guarantee I'm perfectly tracking my calories?

What's a good routine for aesthetics?

I'm on a PPL routine currently

Depends how autistic you want to be. With practice, eyeballing will get you within maybe 10% using the turkey breast example you provided. So you may be eating 300 calories or 330. If that seems insignificant to you ,then don't be autistic about the scale. Personally I've gotten really good at eyeballing my food and I've memorized the calorie values for all the foods I eat so I don't weigh anything. It's way too much extra work for very little reward.

So I've been drinking about 6 liters of water a day now for a few weeks, but is it being stored as extra weight?

As in do I need to for a few days cut down to like a liter or so of water to get the weight off or am I being retarded?

i do this autistic shit where if i make stuff that should be with a bunch of ingredients, like pasta for example, i seperate every ingredient like the pasta, sauce, and ground beef and weigh it out and mix it. Can't go wrong right??

Just drink 3-4 depending on your size

Accidentally made a thread about this. Will losing weight decrease or increase my girlfriend's waist-hip ratio? It's already .622... but I want it lower.

I'm fat as fuck and can't do pull ups. I don't have any friends to help either

Should I just put pull ups to the side until I'm lighter and can actually do them?

Wait until you're lighter or do assisted ones. No point trying if you're starting with more weight than professionals are.

If you're morbidly obese your fist program should be forkputdowns

At about 20% body fat right now, slowly bulking. When should I start cutting for summer next year?

Also is pic related a good routine. Been on it for like 6 months and I'm seeing pretty good gains, a lot more so than the 3 months I was on ss

Pls respond

Jesus Christ wait a little longer than 6 minutes. And read the sticky.

Personally I would start cutting at 20%

Is keto worth doing over a regular deficit? Is there any real benefit?

Overtraining is a meme.

Under recovery is more likely but usually only if you're a moron about diet and sleep.

>Overtraining is a meme.
>Under recovery is more likely

That's literally the same thing you dunce

Well I'm fine with bulking over 20%, just want to know how long it'll take to cut
There's a lot of pseudoscience behind it. At the very least you'll get your daily protein easily

without losing muscle it's usually 1lb/week

It isn't and if you lifted you'd know it

Please, tell me then, what the difference is.

Yes that's a good program for a beginner

Keto is a meme for fatties with no self control who can't restrict calories without lying to themselves and being secret eaters

Greater satiety at a deficit.

Under recovery is sub optimal and fixed by having better macros, straight up eating more, being less stressed or getting better sleep. Everybody who lifts while cutting will suffer from it. Gains can still be made but your volume is too high and you'll stall often.

Overtraining dramatically increases the chance of injury, requires time off or massive deloads for recovery and is the result of substantial muscle and cns fatigue acquired over a very long period of time.

that is definitely not the same definition I heard.

Overtraining is just not giving your muscles enough time to recover therefore stalling lifts.

That's under recovery. Overtraining is significantly more serious and requires a total training overhaul

well, regardless, benching 5x a week is stupid.

Itt: people who bench less than lmao3plate / never heard of the bulgarian method

there is a reason "you need more benching volume" became a /plg/ meme

You are literally a retarded faggot. A pound a week? Again, retarded faggot. Please leave the internet.

Oh sorry, let's just hope that each week he can gain 5 lbs of muscle with no fat.

Unless you're saying that that he should be gaining less than that, in-which my point stands that it doesn't matter what program he picks up, he'll look no different in 6 weeks.

Benching 5x a week with varying intensity is actually a pretty good way to accumulate volume and make gains.

Key thing there is varying intensity

How do you determine what your starting lift is? The barbell I heard is 45 pounds, I just started lifting heavy shit around my house and it seems I get DOMS in my arms lifting even 30 pounds. Is this normal? I'm not fat at all, but not skeleton mode.

I want to wait until I'm confident with a routine and that I'll be able to lift the fucking bar before going to a gym. Because fear of embarrassing myself

always start with the bar, no matter what. Practice your form first and foremost. Then, increase the weight in increments until you feel trouble completing 3 sets.

If you feel like you're fucking something up, ask someone who's not busy to spot you or check your form. Most people will gladly help out.

So it's not stupid if I have the bar and like, 5 pound weights on each side at first?

not at all, though I'd probably recommend 10lbs at a time for something like the squat.

Any lifting tips for girls? Trying to get my sister to gym with me, but she's nervous. She's about 5'1, 129 pounds, which we know is way at the high end of a healthy weight according to BMI.

Does she need to diet first, or can she lift and diet at the same time? Also I found out her maintenance calories would be 1919, the sticky says she'd have to eat 500 less if cutting, but that seems ridiculously low to me. Especially if lifting and cardio at the same time.

Any advice?

Thank you user. Suddenly less anxiety about the barbell...

my legs always get a good working out at the gym, and I get the soreness after, but why is it that my arms go til failure but don't feel sore after? am I not pushing my arms hard enough? it just seems like they burn so much during the exercise, but never tingle or anything like my legs do afterwards

if i'm a beginner after how much time/what lifts should I switch from a linear progression/strenght training to something different? and to what should i switch?
i care for looks more than strenght btw

Is thread still alive? What do for dairy component if lactose intolerant? Lactose free milk has more protein, but more sugar too and I read somewhere here that sugar kills gainz

oh shit I have a really similar question. I have bowel and intensional issues that mean I can't eat a lot of food during the course of a day, and have to avoid certain foods like dairy products.

should I just give up now

Am I going to fucking kill myself if I try to lift in my basement, alone, without a spotter, having never lifted before in my life?
I read about something called a 'community gym' in america. How do those work? The membership costs for all the gyms in my area (Perth) would put me out of my home.

Soreness =/= progress
More weight on the bar = progress!

what do or take to reduce stress and lift mood when I'm experiecing nicotine & alcohol withdrawal?

is running faster more efficient? Because of momentum?

Benching 5x a week usually means that you're not benching ~80% every day, but alternating high weight low volume with lower weight higher volume

>Does she need to diet first, or can she lift and diet at the same time?
She can do both.

>Also I found out her maintenance calories would be 1919
Will increase with more activity

>the sticky says she'd have to eat 500 less if cutting
Wont be a problem if she eats right.

Ever hear of anyone sprinting a marathon?

What is the optimal way to do a recomp? Eat at maintenance every day, or over maint. on lifting days and under on rest days?

Force yourself to the gym and start your workout with deadlifts. Warm up but go heavy quickly. That'll kickstart your nervous system and shit and you'll be in the mood for lifting in no time.
Don't do too many sets, one heavy set is enough. Like that you minimize risk of injury and avoid plateaus, too.

when yall niggas track calories how do you get exact calculations if you're a poorfag and don't have a scale?

Like atm im just googling "calories in chicken leg" and "calories in cup of rice"

How the fuck do I not have dandruff? have tried a variety of shampoos and none have worked, some just made my hair fluffier but that's it, I have no clue what to do help me out Veeky Forums bros

Not talking about sprinting.
To paint you a picture
6 km/h costs 6 energy
10 km/h costs 9 energy

Use an app nigga

>Not talking about sprinting.
>To paint you a picture
>6 km/h costs 6 energy
>10 km/h costs 9 energy
Yes, and 30 km/h costs 22 energy, so you theorize it takes less energy to run a set distance at a faster pace because it's more efficient...? Try again.