Injury thread

>did 80kg bench 2 weeks ago
>ended up dropping bar on my chest last rep
>had pain ever since, that hurts when i lay down

Go to the fucking doctor????

That's why you get a spotter for weights you could have difficulty hitting dumbass. Also this

Not wasting money, it will heal over time.

You gon die.

>get tendonitis about a month ago in left elbow
>tendonitis gets better hurt left shoulder at work
>right middle and ring finger hurts where it connects into hand.
>can't even double over hand 315 anymore with out pain

And how to make "upper traps grow"
I do shrugs and deadlifts I was deadlifting 405 for reps before my finger pain.. Can I shrug everyday?

>tfw hip flexor pain

>overhand 3pl8
Do you use chalk? I don't and I can only overhand pull 2.5pl8 for 3 reps before I switch.

Fucked up my levator scapulae I think. It happened after an OHP went wrong. I was in pain for like 3 days straight. Couldn't move my neck without pain. Made work a living a hell. I am taking a month off from overhead work.

also
>janky disk in my mid-upper back

3 plate is easy. you just need to train your grip. do dead hangs every time you deadlift and do forearm isolation exercises. chalk helps a shit ton too

Were you using a suicide grip? Then good, you deserved it.

>Not wasting money, it will heal over time.

Tell that to your dissected aorta

>dropping the bar

how? aside from the obvious answer of being an idiot and using suicide grip

American?

I've done this a few times by OHP too fast without warming up sufficiently.
It starts with a painful 'pull' in the muscle and then my neck quickly seizes up so that turning my head is pretty damn uncomfortable.

The first time it happened I did what you did. I took a week off to let it rest and heal. I basically couldn't move my head much for a full week.

The second time it happened I just said 'fuck it' and carried on with my workout with very close attention to form and very light weight. Afterwards I had a very thorough stretch and a hot/cold shower.

Next day it was sore but not overly. Again I did some very slow, very light, high rep OHP sets and stretched out again. It basically cured it right then and there with only a slight lingering soreness for a few days but full mobility.

TL;DR Don't just stop cold turkey and wait for it to heal. Go do some extremely light (like the bar) sets with perfect form and full range of motion and stretch out well afterwards. This will aid recovery much better than just not doing anything.

tfw I never fail midway, if I fail I fail low, I usually even get it up 10cm above my chest before I fail. if that happens I just push it to my abdomen. I had 90kg laying on my abdomen once. It's no biggie desu senpai anything below 100kg isn't going to hurt you if you put it on your abdomen and just roll it off of you incase of failure.

Posted in an injury thread about a month ago. Sprained my ankle pretty severely, was grade 3. I'm starting to get back to normal, can walk fairly normally and without a lot of pain.

I know I can't hop exactly back into my old leg routine, should I start at about half my usual weight for squats?

I've also put on some lazy pounds. That has nothing to do with lifting, I'm just bummed and wanted to mention it.

I feel you, bro. Bene having hip pain for almost a year, can't lite down straight or stand up without pain, have to lie on my side in recovery position with bad leg raised to even be able to fall asleep.

Been*, lie*. My thumbs are too fat for this phone

>permanent pain in my right knee whenever I use it (thanks squats)
>got stabbed in the foot so no cardio or heavy standing lifts until it heals
Injuries suck, when do I get my cyborg ninja body

a year? Did you not stretch or rehab? You shouldn't be doing dl's or squats either