What's the story with alcohol 'killing' your gains...

What's the story with alcohol 'killing' your gains? is it just because of the empty calories or does it actually uniquely stunt muscle growth in some way?

Lots of empty calories and i'm pretty sure it has negative effect on your gains

Lowers test levels, empty calories, makes you more likely to eat shit food

It supports their conversion of testosterone into estrogen.
Obviously it also fucks with your recovery for your day because your body is basically busy getting rid of the alcohol instead.

But they aren't "empty" calories - that's a buzzword.
They are actually quite solid calories.
Better then noodles.

>But they aren't "empty" calories - that's a buzzword.
>They are actually quite solid calories.

Dude it literally has no macronutrients. None at all

so a few beers should be fine? I'm going to a normie party in a few days and I'm considering just doing a lil bit of speed and maybe a vali before i arrive to kill my inhibitions but that doesn't have the same feeling of social connection as sinking some beers with your mates.

fuck bro i just ate some noodles bcecause it said 8.6g of protein per serve on the packet.

im a fucking idiot.

Being intoxicated postpones your body's recovery and healing processes until it's gotten rid of the poison (alcohol). Which is usually the day after, so you might as well work out then, instead.

Just drink

So what? What is going to happen? Drink a shake and make up for it.

All you have to do is lay out your days eating for the nightly drinking and you can have a somewhat decent day even with drinking.

You said it wasn't empty calories, dumbdumb. When it is.

Just get some noodles made out of beans and you will have better types of carbs and also protein - if you crave noodles that much.

I said empty calories is a buzzword.

How is it a buzzword if it accurately describes something

It is empty calories, calories that do not provide any nutritional value

Because you use the term "empty calories" to unquestionably identify a type of food as bad.
But in reality, especially when bulking, they are often a solid source of additional energy throughout the day.

It just depends on what you do with it.

>Because you use the term "empty calories" to unquestionably identify a type of food as bad.

No one said it was bad, persay. Just that it provides no nutritional value.

>But in reality, especially when bulking, they are often a solid source of additional energy throughout the day.

>Alcohol is a solid source of energy
what the fuck? Are you just trolling now

When you're natty you don't really have much room to cut/bulk. If you eat empty calories it pretty much makes it so you can hit your macros.

Alcohol has been the absolute hardest thing to stop doing. I went on straight keto dropped 30lbs and look completly different but the booze was harder to stop than the snacks and sugar

so you can't hit your macros*

When you're cutting there's no room to drink alcohol or you simply won't hit your protein/fat intake for maintaining musclemass and maintaining testosterone

When you're bulking you're also only eating like 300cal surplus in most cases unless you want to get fat(or aren't natty)

>trying to sound intelligent
>using the word persay and not realizing its per sé
Top kek m'lad

Well, the context makes it seem very much like it.

>are you trolling?
I don't quite get what you mean by "no room for a bulk"??
You understand there is more than one way, bodybuilding, to be physically active?

Dunno I dropped weight drinking a 40oz a night

thats true, usually i crave pizza after a few beers.

>I don't quite get what you mean by "no room for a bulk"??
>You understand there is more than one way, bodybuilding, to be physically active?

You'd benefit from consuming more protein or complex carbs on a bulk, than drinking alcohol. This is indisputable.

Look everyone has guilty vices, but alcohol is objectively bad for you there is no upsides besides 'enjoyment'. Everyone would benefit from simply not consuming it, much like cigarettes

Of course there is room for some alcohol in a cut, come the fuck on man.
Are you really going to tell me that you cannot plan out a day that has proper macros and calories even though you drink 200-300 ml of alcohol?

Does anyone have links to research regarding alcohol inhibiting protein synthesis?

I've heard it's up to 12 hours, but I'm curious about how much you have to drink / your weight and protein intake.

I've always felt much stronger when I lift the night after drinking, even if I'm slightly hung over.

I was a male cheerleader in college and could throw girls above my head and catch them on one hand. I was also in a Frat and drank quite a bit.

My deadlifts and squats were particularly stronger after drinking.
Whether I actually made better gains is questionable, but it's almost like my pain sensitivity was dulled.
Other guys on the team said the same thing, they always lifted better hung over.

>Of course there is room for some alcohol in a cut, come the fuck on man.

If you drink one beer, sure I guess but it generally doesn't stop there.

Annyyyyways, it's better to just not drink alcohol at all. I stopped drinking it entirely and I don't miss it at all, it's just a meme

>there is no upsides besides 'enjoyment'. Everyone would benefit from simply not consuming it, much like cigarettes
except that enjoyment is a legitimate upside that often offsets the negatives.

i hate these snobby cunts that act as if there's somehow something lesser about having fun.

I am not saying you should use specifically alcohol for that. Obviously that would be a really stupid idea. But that is not fault of the "empty" calories but more of the position property of alcohol.

Imagine it or not, some people purposely maintain a higher amount of body fat for performance reasons.
And some people do extreme endurance training, which also comes with extreme maintenance levels.

And as I had formulated it before, empty calorie food comes handy when you, for whatever reason, simply need a good bulk of carbs to hit your daily goal. Be it because work took longer, you were busy or simply don't have enough food at home.

We just have fun in different ways

>Imagine it or not, some people purposely maintain a higher amount of body fat for performance reasons.
>And some people do extreme endurance training, which also comes with extreme maintenance levels.

Both of these people would benefit from more complex carbohydrates for sustained energy over alcohol.

>empty calorie food comes handy when you, for whatever reason, simply need a good bulk of carbs to hit your daily goal

Like in which scenario? even a chocolate bar would be better

It because it kills protein synthesis and test production.

It also dehydrates you.

People also have to realize, when you build up a tolerance, it's MUCH easier to work out the day after getting drunk.

Also while in college, I could get trashed then work out fine the next day.

But now, since I don't get drunk every week, getting shit faced takes me a day to recover to the point where I want to work out.

And yes, most of my gains happened AFTER college.

reduces protein synthesis by 30+%
reduces test, increases est
youre more likely to skip workouts when hungover

really it's all irrelevant unless you're getting drunk every night or every other night

When you get home at 10 pm, have to sleep at 11pm and miss 2500kcal.

But this discussion is getting retarded. Let's lay it off, time to work anyways

>being a wagecuck
>Not packing a lunch

just lol

Also what the fuck

You're going to drink 2500kcal of alcohol? Like get pissdrunk on a weekday and have it fuck with your protein synthesis, and whatever else?

I don't think is viable, you'd be better off just going to sleep hungry than doing this.

asterisk goes at the start of your addendum.
Sounds like you have difficulty not drinking too much for whatever reason. Not everyone is like this. Legit sorry bro.
>enjoyment is a legitimate upside
Yup
>It also dehydrates you.
Always drink water to offset.

>Sounds like you have difficulty not drinking too much for whatever reason. Not everyone is like this. Legit sorry bro.

I don't have an issue, I just see no need for it.

I weighed it, and the cons far out-weigh the pros. I';ve come to the conclusion it is better to not drink alcohol at all than it is to drink it, weighing everything.

> what are carbs

i think you mean micro, buddy

>male cheerleader