Where my home gym faggots at?

Where my home gym faggots at?

I'm gonna be renting a house with my bro and it's got nice basement in it. I pay $60 a month for the cheapest gym in town just to use a crowded free weight area with two fucking squat racks. U figure I could just tell the place to go fuck themselves and spend that money on my own equipment instead. My friend is looking to start lifting too so he's gonna pitch in 50%.

Let me see your setups and whatnot.

>LIGHTWEIGHT BABY

buy a quality barbell, a sturdy power rack, a bench, lots of cheap plates. you don't really need much more

how much are you into lifting? I bought cheap first and replaced everything with rogue equipment three years later. buying cheap can mean buying double if you really like lifting.

Done, 2 bins, acts as squat rack, OHP rack etc.. squatting 140kg, and also using the two bins for floor press.

This

I'd say in terms of importance it's
1. Barbell (your connection to the load after all)
2. Rack/bench
3. Plates

No pic but I have (eurofag):
Megatech power rack
Barbarian line warrior bench
Rogue ohio power bar 20 kg
Atx Rough rubber bumper plates
Some smaller plates and 2 washers (0.5 lbs)
A large rubber mat (40 mm thick total)

Fucking manlets.

im 6ft, sugarlips.

>using trash bins as a squat rack

Nigger so am I and those things are short as fuck.

>Letting something like a trash bin stop him from working out

This is why you are a lanky, no motivation or commitment to the sport.

hit up craigslist breh

I've seen full size power racks with an olympic barbell plus 400 lbs of weight go for like 350

>standard barbell
>140kg

if you add much more weight that thing is going to start bending

How do I find cheap plates? I can buy everything else for the same price of fucking plates.

If you want fill ghetto I made plates with a thin diameter out of concrete but they aren't an accurate weight and I'm running out of space on my bar ;(

Setting up my home gym atm. Made my decision based on what I was paying for a monthly membership fee ($60). I found an *okay* quality barbell off Craigslist for $100, got 350lbs of iron plates from the same guy for $200. Bought bumpers and collars from FRINGESPORTS; 2x45, 2x25, 2x10 - $350 total. Currently saving for Rogue fitnesses sml-2 rack + flat bench - $640.

So like $1300 for a pretty kick ass set up. Still less than what I'd pay for 2 yrs at the gym and it's quality equipment that will last me for years. Definitely will pay for itself.

I also have a pull up bar through that door.

I squatted the same way but used saw horses instead. I am the same height as you. I got a hernia from racking the weight at the end of my squat set. You must not make thebsame mistake as me. Unloading weight while maintaining abdominal pressure causes your guts to shoot out

Fleemarkets/swapmeets
I got most of my plates at a Swapmeet for about 50ยข a pound so I got a set for the same price you'd get only 1 anywhere else. Only downside to this is that you gotta be lucky enough for someone to bring any and if they're the weight you want. I'm still looking for some 45lbs myself, but have found from 2.5-35lbs.
Look for something near you and also keep an eye out for garage sales.

The bar already bends, and is already bended slightly.

Been lifting like this for probably 8 months no problems. I also keep very tight and hold air in when i re-rack the bar.

Once there is enough weight on the bar, it gets dangerous

I'm just getting into doing this myself. Got a spare room for it.

I know, someone gave me shit for it on Veeky Forums last time. But i cant afford an Olympic bar or new plates.

It's a thin bar too, so it hurts my hands and i cant get good enough grip when doing Dl since it slides into my fingers. Which sucks ass.

>140kg

those are not 20kg plates, and a standard barbell like that is well below 20kg, more like 12kg

Buy used for now, something that can at least hold 200lbs. I got my bar for $60 used from a place that refurbishes gym equipment and have lifted up to 260lbs no problem.you can probably find new for an extra $40. Plates you can also always go used as long as there's no chunks broken off.