Why the fuck do you still eat carbohydrates /fit with the full knowledge that they have 0 nutritional value for your...

Why the fuck do you still eat carbohydrates /fit with the full knowledge that they have 0 nutritional value for your body? Why haven't you embraced the might of ketosis /fit?

Other urls found in this thread:

arstechnica.com/science/2016/09/sugar-industry-bought-off-scientists-skewed-dietary-guidelines-for-decades/
indiatoday.intoday.in/story/who-are-the-maasai-why-do-they-drink-cow-blood/1/506828.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Faggot

it's so hard to avoid eating rice and bread

I usually do keto for about a month at a time. It's incredibly boring.

Honestly believes eating white rice, bread and pasta is healthy. Top kek.
How? Just don't eat it. Eat vegetables instead.

Because they're not that accessible and feasible.

>every side dish here is rice
>im asian
>i live in a shitty part of asia

That sucks user. From travelling through Asia I kind of get what you mean. Don't you guys eat a lot of vegetables with all your meals though?

>try keto
>day one went well
>day two was no worse than any other low calorie diet I have done
>day three I felt like shit mentally all day
>day four woke up feeling like shit had cramps and had cramps and the squirts
>day 5 bailed to a regular cut because I still felt terrible

Some people here have suggested I had low electrolytes, which I doubt unless it multiplies how many you need by two or three. Others have said I was dehydrated, which I wasn't.
Might try it again but a regular cut is easier/better/more sustainable for me so I think I might just stick to that

What ever works user. Ketosis takes about 3 to 5 days to kick in but. It's pretty normal to feel shithouse at the start. Am on it at the moment and couldn't stop thinking about suicide earlier today so yeah it happens in the beginning.

vegetables here are expensive which make no sense

Do you mind if I ask what country you're living in at the moment?

Did keto for 3 months, nothing but the shits. Barely could focus or stay awake in college classes almost failed out. Lost a shit ton of weight because I was in a deficit and made myself ride the exercise bike an hour a day. Switched to a high carb diet (also getting 200g protons) eating 4000cal a day feel like exercising all the time. Body loves itself, doing so much lifting and cardio I'm still losing a pound a week. Also shitting straight fiber logs. Why would I want to feel shit and not doing anything?

i only eat carbs before and after the workout and i still make gains without becoming a whale like the other guys

>try keto for few weeks
>appetite goes up like crazy
>binge on "keto" foods every third day
>all lifts went down a lot
>lose some weight
>feel like shit, look emaciated and flat
>people around start telling me to stop dieting because i look awful

I still eat low carb when I try to lose weight but cutting them all together doesnt work for me

Ahh yes, the so-called "wonder diet" that requires you to take multivitamin pills which may be doing more harm than good.

Fantastic.

No it's not. Even a fat faggot like myself did it. I just switched to oatmeal for breakfast and eat beans instead of rice. Also, eat more vegetables.

You are either fat or dyel

MOST POWERFUL RACE IN THE WORLD

I'm doing keto also. Had my usual mct butter coffee for breakfast but for some reason I'm so hungry this morning

Because they taste good faggot.

Because I don't want to fuck my arteries up, retard.

How long ya been on it? I've been doing it for about 3 days but I haven't got that shit feeling yet. Have a slight headache right now but idk if it's ketosis kicking in

Being white doesn't clarify where you live

He means he's from the Philippines.

because I'm not an idiot and actually want to look and perform well

from the PH

The fuck? You don't need multivitamins if you know what a fucking vegetable is.

Oatmeal is 12% carbs retard. Beans can also be really high in carbs so be careful which ones you're eating.

Definitely not fat, probably more on the dyel side of the spectrum but get HUGE isn't really what I'm trying to do, especially seeing as I'm on a CUT right now anyway.

Try IF at the same time.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought keto was the diet where you don't eat carbohydrates, and vegetables are carbohydrates.

Hmm..

Started up again recently so not long. Forgot how amazing it is and how much more stable my blood sugar feels in general and how many fewer cravings I get.

Generally speaking I don't have too much fat when I'm on it anyway. Majority of my nutrients is from meat and vegetables. Fat is calorie dense so you still need to be careful of how much fat you're eating.

>Oatmeal is 12% carbs retard. Beans can also be really high in carbs so be careful which ones you're eating.
I'm not doing a no-carb diet retard. Just saying it's real easy to cut out bread and rice.

meme diet for sedentary fat redditors

do some cardio faggot

Depends on which ones you're eating. Even when you're on keto you still consume some carbs. In general, the daily intake of net carbs required to enter ketosis can vary from 20 to 100 grams per day. So as long as you're under that rough limit your body will still enter ketosis.

Meat has fat, though.

There's this thing called portion control. I also drink protein powder throughout the day to fill me up.

This. just eat carbs to break out PR's and get rid of the excess stuff with cardio the next day.

it blows my mind how people on a board where 99,9% lifts advocate low carb

either OP is trolling or he never did any physical activity on low carb or he literally never tried low carb himself at all

i run 5+ miles a day along with lifting. why don't you try that without any carbs and tell me how it goes

Top bait!! Haha

can't be too shitty if rice is just the side instead of the main component.

I understand that you're just here to shill keto, but i'm still going to ask you about wholegrain.
Also, you do understand veggies are mostly carbs right?

I regularly lift after being at work all day and do 10 minutes of running afterwards. It goes fine, just need to give your body time to adjust. I find it harder to do gym when my body is full of rice, pasta, bread, potato or any of that other shit you guys call food than I do on a low carbohydrate diet. At the end of the day whatever works for you I guess. I just find it easier not to eat grains/sugary/starchy foods.

what?

>he actually believes this
whatever the fuck you are doing now you'll do 100 times better on a high carb diet

for any physical activity carbs are the superior source of energy. Just because you CAN doesnt mean its optimal

I got memed into doing low carb for months and when I switched to high carb my performance went through to roof with literally everything. Only when I switched back I realised how easy I was training(intensity wise).

+1 for keto
You were definiteltly dehydrated...the carb stores in your body hold onto a shit ton of water. When you deplete them, you lose a lot of water, 5-10 lbs. its my one complaint about keto diets, you get awful hangovers because of this. My suggestion is to take a supplement called lyteshow a couple times a week during the first month or two and before you get hammered. That shit works wonders.

It takes maybe a month of keto for your body to get used to it. My experience is that i have absolutely no loss of performance after my body gets used to keto and there is quite a bit of research that cobfirms this

Not a fan of bread in general, grew up being forced to eat it also worked in a bakery for 4 years. I always feel bloated and slow after I eat even wholemeal bread. It depends on what you're eating. ie. 100 grams of zucchini is roughly 3.1 carbohydrates, 100 grams of spinach is 3.6 carbohydrates. As long as you're in that 20 to 100 grams of carbs p/day your body can still enter into ketosis.

whats the difference between steel cut oats and instant oats besides their texture?

after trying Keto I began thinking pasta is the secret to a happy life

>dont eat carbs!
>eat vegetables which is apparently not made from carbs
Get a load of this guy

This. It's funny that these fedora meme diet takers always claim its superior but they fucking "oh bro just need these pills XD"

How the fuck is this better? seriously. People not survive but feel completely healthy and normal on a regular diet. Then you step in and tell us supplements+weird meme diet is better? Fucking broscience

It's readily burnable energy.
Go work a physically demanding job without a carb-heavy diet and see how shitty it is, then do the same job after carb-loading.

I just started Keto for the first time on Sunday.

I've been mindful to drink a shit ton of water, as well as take additional supplements to replace the electrolytes I'm losing. So far no serious side effects and I feel fine. Food is great to, hardly miss the starches yet. Would like a nice craft beer once in a while but at least hard liquor isn't off the menu.

Here's a quick summary of my meals:
>Breakfast
Eggs, Bacon and/or Sausage
Coffee with Heavy Cream
>Lunch
Fat-rich meats (chicken thighs or beef with plenty of fat), and some sort of non-starchy veg (broccoli, spinach, brussell sprouts, etc). I usually cook my veg in bacon grease and top it with cheese
>Dinner
Pretty much the same as the above.

It's surprisingly filling. I'm eating at a deficit and only taking in 1,700 calories (approximately 75% fat, 20% protein, and 5% carbs).

I know it's mostly water weight at this point but I already fit into my clothes better. Also I don't get sluggish throughout the day like I would with a normal diet.

>implying I'm doing keto for "performance" and not just to have a healthier diet

I just don't like carbs man, everyone gets this idea drilled into their head from a young age that carbs are the main thing you're supposed to eat but it's outdated and incorrect information. Back in the day that's all people could afford to eat because it was abundant, cheap and getting fresh vegetables and other good stuff was rare. I believe it's why there's obesity problems in so many countries around the world.

>everyone gets this idea drilled into their head from a young age that carbs are the main thing you're supposed to eat but it's outdated and incorrect information.

That's because the big sugar and grain industries have been fabricating studies since the 60's that a heavy-carb diet is good for you, and eating fat (even saturated fat) is bad for you.

All which as been proven to be bullshit. Our society has gotten fatter and sicker on a sugar-heavy diet.

>he thinks keto is healthy
lmao

I get 5 servings of veggies a day every day without going over my carb limit. No need for supplements...

>he thinks sugar makes you fat
>he thinks saturated fats is healthy
l-m-a-o

>he still thinks the studies from the 1960's that were propagated by the sugar companies are relevant

arstechnica.com/science/2016/09/sugar-industry-bought-off-scientists-skewed-dietary-guidelines-for-decades/

>(also getting 200g protons)

How much do you weight?
I'm taking about 100 grams with 500 grams of carbs and 100 grams of fats at 200 lb wet 11-12% bf.
I'm starving myself?

tell me how sugar makes you fat, I have this debate like nearly every day on Veeky Forums and they can never prove me wrong

Was going to add this point as well. Thank you for vindicating me user

Like with anything, it comes down to calories in < calories out.

Sugar, however, is
a) not filling
b) a shown in modern studies to have correlation to diabetes and heart disease
c) is vastly overconsumed in modern society

It's not sugar itself that make you fat, but the fact that they add sugar to everything adds those additional calories in products and people buy into the "low-fat = healthy" myth, meanwhile they are eating twice as much sugar.

>Gluconeogenesis is a metabolic pathway that results in the generation of glucose from certain non-carbohydrate carbon substrates like the breakdown of proteins.

LMAO, KEKS

I would add you should watch a documentary (it's on Netflix) called Sugar Coated.

It explains in detail the rise of sugar in our diets over the past 50-60 years, primarily thanks to big sugar and the "studies" and "food pyramids" they pushed.

which is why you avoid gluconeogenesis by eating a diet consisting of primarily fat.

>Like with anything, it comes down to calories in < calories out.
this is what the average ketotard believes lmao

if you think the human body comes down to just thermodynamics then you are mistaken my friend

Point A and B are also wrong

While fat is more filling it satietes less, this is why you guys binge eat
Sugar in itself doesnt cause diabetes. Dietary fat promotes insulin insensitivity. Protein spikes insulin too and creates an even bigger spike when combined with sugar.

I agree that they put table sugar to everything BUT they also add fat to everything.

>The process occurs during periods of fasting, starvation, low-carbohydrate diets, or intense exercise.
>Global control of gluconeogenesis is mediated by glucagon (released when blood glucose is low).

Ketofags are literally insane buying into fad diets that make them lose waterweight.
Or they're shills.

Because I actually work for a living and I need over 3000kcal of easily available energy.

newsflash: some processes in the body can only use sugar

which is why gluconeogenesis always happens during keto

enjoy burning off your gains lmao

>my father did lifting and judo when he was young
>literally ate anything he wanted and didn't give a fuck
>this was in the 70's so there were no magic workout method and calorie counting etc.
>could lift more then most people bigger then him
>did pushups by the 100's
>still looks great after 50 with a fucking huge back, core, and massive arms

He is the reason I know that over mystificating diet is fucking retarded.

>a diet that people have lived on for hundreds of years
>fad
OK

>if you think the human body comes down to just thermodynamics then you are mistaken my friend

So you think if you eat more calories than your body requires you are going to magically not gain weight? Sure good luck with that.

>While fat is more filling it satietes less, this is why you guys binge eat

Binge? I eat smaller meals than ever bc I am completely satisfied by the end of them. Like I said I've never been this full on calorie-deficit before.

I'm not going to sit here and say it's for everybody but I love it so far and have an zero negative side effects.

>some processes in the body can only use sugar
Like your brain? It can use ketones mostly. But this is why you don't eat 0 carbs, just restrict them severely. You only eat just enough protein to maintain and/or get gains if you are lifting.

we're talking about neets who pick light things up 3 times a week. you have to restrict carbs if you want to lose weight with such lifestyle

>>a diet that people have lived on for hundreds of years

There are literally no proofs of that.

It's still not rocket sience, there is no such thing that somebody does cardio, eats less, and doesn't lose weight at least.

why do you think carbohydrates are bad for you ? it is your body's most bioavailable source of energy.

He is just trolling m8 anything you say he will have an enlightened fedora tipper remark about it

indiatoday.intoday.in/story/who-are-the-maasai-why-do-they-drink-cow-blood/1/506828.html

The traditional diet of the Masai people in Kenya and Tanzania is derived mostly from their cattle. Though they do not often eat beef; they eat milk and blood which is harvested by puncturing the loose flesh on the cow's neck with an arrow.

Lowcarbers BTFO

>So you think if you eat more calories than your body requires you are going to magically not gain weight? Sure good luck with that.
another user
if those excess calories come from sugar, i will gain glycogen in my muscles and liver.
if those excess calories come from fat however, i will gain body fat.

why are low carbers really retarded ? talking about muh sugar insulin spikes despite the fact that meat spikes insulin just like sugar water, and the fact that meat comes with fat, that's the perfect fat gain formula right there.

low carbers advocates are just sellout bloggers who are making money telling retards good things about their bad habits.

Kek
You are retarded
What do you think happens when glycogen is topped off and excess carb? FAT
What do you think your body does if not enough glycogen but plenty of fats? CONVERTS

carbs are performance enhancing and mitigate protein breakdown
the vast majority of health issues come from being obese regardless of diet macronutrient makeup

nice try gains goblin

bit off topic, how many fats do you guys consume daily?

>pre-basketball melanin skellies
>role models

Keto seems like a diet for people who are "picky" eaters. Just don't over eat anything too bad and do cardio. Surely people can grasp this concept?

>What do you think happens when glycogen is topped off and excess carb? FAT
thermogenesis and very rarely gets converted to fat
>What do you think your body does if not enough glycogen but plenty of fats? CONVERTS
the fat would still get stored and some for energy

0 nutritional value, mayne the ketone bodies got to ur brain faggot, enjoy ketoacidosis and being a vegetable while i straight ace med school

>What do you think happens when glycogen is topped off and excess carb? FAT
nope, first the body burns some as heat calories then when there is something left (very rare)
the body inefficiently turns sugar to fat via de novo lipogenesis, 30% of the calories will be lost in this process.

so, excess fat will not be stored as glycogen at all.
so if you're being on a surplus, it is clever to surplus on carbs, because there is a margin where the excess will be stored in the liver and the muscles
however if you surplus on fat, it will not be stored as glycogen, it will be stored directly as bodyfat.

isn't this obvious ? are you young ? i'm serious here, this isn't too hard to understand.

>What do you think your body does if not enough glycogen

You burn your muscle (white fibers first) but odds are you will be too lethargic to move from the couch.
It's a phenomenon mostly expressed in camels and reindeers.

Our cultivation of grain is the reason civilization exists. Breads and Rices fueled humanity, and always will.

>the "fat=fat" meme

Stop

>yfw ketotards have to drink several cups of coffee because otherwise they cant function properly
lmao

The fattest people I know eat fat (animal fat like bacon and cheese) all day long.

Nobody cares
Correlation does not imply causation

And keto people eat fat all day long and can lose weight. Dietary fats are not body fat.

I eat carbs everyday and I'm still just under 10% body fat. It's called tdee.

>Why the fuck do you still eat carbohydrates /fit with the full knowledge that they have 0 nutritional value for your body?

Are you fucking retarded?

that's me not doing keto

ayyyyy lmao

>and can lose weight

Water weight and muscle weight is weight too. I agree on that.

>I have no idea what I'm talking about

>0 nutritional value for your body?
lowqualitybait.jpg

I love keto- I can eat like a pig...bacon and eggs, cheese, pulled pork, steaks, all kinds of fatty meat and tons of it at that....and still lose weigh AND I improved my blood lipids dramatically. This shit is amazing.