Core

I'm trying to strengthen my core for better lifting.

I know there are lifts everyone should do (squat, DL, etc.), but I don't know what good core exercises are. I'm basically looking for 2-3 exercises that cover most core muscles.

What are the DL's of core exercises?

Planks? Crunches?

Ab rollers
Front levers
Front squats

Leg raises and planks

Crunches x10
Leg raises x10
Ab wheel x10
Side bend x10

That's the classic aproach. You could be more modern and do things like planks, side planks, paloff press, or you could be more hardcore and do loaded carries. Also: stomach vacuums

Hanging leg raises and planks will generally cover you. You don't need to do a lot of core work if you're regularly doing heavy compound work, but some never hurts and hanging leg raises are a top-notch exercise for increasing your lower core strength

Just 10x?

or are those sets?

No those are reps. Do all of them 3 or 4x a week after your workout. If you think it's not enough, do two rounds. If you do compound exercises regularly you won't need lots of core work

Dont you usually do core exercises till you fail?

Don't wanna overtrain m8

DLs and squats will build you a strong core. If you can do those and you have a weak core, you're doing them wrong.

I got a lower back injuring looming atm ;_;

i've been doing more ab work as the weight i use for my compound lifts have gone up (and core stability is becoming a factor).

i like hanging knee/leg raises. i also do cable crunches. idk how i feel about crunches in general... they tend to be bad for my back, but i'm not sure if cable crunches have the same problem as other crunches.

Ab rollers, hollow holds and front squats.

Rollers for dynamic strength, hollow holds for bracing/stabilising and front squats just because they are amazing.

Chuck in some side planks/bends and you're set

0/10

wow this board is trash
abs arent the whole core you know

>overtrain
Hello dyel

Most likely because of a weak core. Deload and work back up.

Exercises I do for core:
Bent Rows
FRONT SQUATS
Power cleans
Deads/Clean Pull
Squats

Core after ~10 months. Not great, but it's a good base.

I'm in the same boat OP.
My back core is alright but the front is complete shit, especially my obliques.
Time for some front squats it seems

That's why I specifically asked for core exercises, not just abs

you should master yourself before giving advice, because thats a weak-ass pussy core

>not great
I realized this before you even opened your cunt brain to think of something to say.

OP wanted core advice. Gave some excellent core exercises and a possible expectation of what can be done with a few months of work.

Post your core and maybe add something of value to the bread instead of being a leech.

read this thread and I want to know if I'm doing ok

I do heavy compounds and make sure I embrace my core(breath in with gut and then kind of flex it to get the core tight)

I also do hanging leg raises(my legs aren't completely straight, theyre a bit bent) but I can only do this for 1set, after that I have to do knees raises since this shit kills me

I also started to do decline weighted sit ups 3x10
I arch my back breath in and get my core tight and go up
is this enough to try and make my abs the most popped possible without flexing?

Can i look like OP without suplements ?
If so,what workouts do you suggest?

Doesn't sound like you're doing anything for transverse abdominals or obliques. 3/10

transverse abdominals?

also shouldn't deadlifts be fine for my obliques?
I store a lot of fat on my sides so I'm afraid doing obliques will make it worse and have to be permanently at really low bf