QTDDTOT

let's go

Other urls found in this thread:

stronglifts.com/squat/#Equipment
mikereinold.com/ankle-mobility-exercises-to-improve-dorsiflexion/
ketogains.com/2015/09/ketogains-novice-strength-training-program-5x5/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

My left ankle bends significantly less than my right. Partly because of asymmetric genetics. Any stretches/exercises I can do to improve?

is it really worth paying almost £40 for a gym membership when I have dumbbells and a floor to do push ups? I work minimum wage btw not wealthy atol

i went from benching 175 5x5 to 215 5x5 in 8 months. How slow is my progress?

planet fitness. avoid the pizza.

My right arm cant fully extend out anymore and if I try to force it, it gets a sharp pain. Its been like this for 6 months, but Ive been still lifting. Any idea on what this could be?

What do you do when you can't do squats?

My college's gym only has a Smith machine.

Squat your buddy. Get him up on your shoulders and squat him.

On rest days, do i eat the same number of calories as I do when I lift?

If it's worth knowing, I'm looking to lean bulk.

Pls b kg

>having rest days

Calisthenics fag here. I've noticed that squatting on an air mattress is more enjoyable than doing it on the floor by a lot. I hope 160+30 pounds isn't going to make it burst. Limit is 300.

My gut look quite a bit bigger than it did a week ago but I haven't put on any weight, wtf is going on?

Even if I'm just holding extra water it would be noticeable on the scale wouldn't it?

Wtf is QTDDTOT

Questions that don't deserve their own thread

Cheers m8

looking to start making my own program after doing 3 months of SS. Any advice as to where to go from there?

What's the easiest way to fix one arm being stronger than the other? I'm assuming it's a combination of fapping and working manual labour using mainly my right arm, I'm trying to do a bit more with my weak arm and doing extra reps with it but should I straight up stop working my strong arm on dumbbell exercises?

Inject black man semen into your left arm

My right foot is slightly in front of my left foot when i squat, why? i have no pain while squatting but it is also like this while i deadlift.

Damn how didn't I think of this sooner

>why
Because you keep putting one foot in front of the other. You should stop

Is there a website like symmetric strength, but for dumbbell lifts? I only incline dumbbell chest press instead of benching.

What if my acquaintances are either far too fat or far too skinny to squat

Any anons dealing with/fixed their phimosis? I'm 24 and my skin is tight as fuck, but I don't want to get cut. Any remedies or creams?

but i cant not squat if both ankles are lined

>My college's gym only has a Smith machine.

Use that for squats then

How do I not be depressed?

Not really sad but I'm apathetic about everything. I don't want to kill myself but I don't really care if I live or die.

anyone else feel like this bruhs

Prozac

I heard that that kind of thing just stops you from not jumping off a bridge and brings you from sad to apathetic, which I already am. Does it just make you happier?

Tbh can't really seek pharmaceutical, at least prescribed help because I'm in the military and they will kick me out.

do you have to obsess over proteins when lifting?

>unironically recommends an antidepressant

What are some good alternatives to skullcrushers?

Go take ayahuasca with a shaman somewhere it's legal.

Yes protein is the most important thing to build muscle, just get 1g per body weight from any food source. There is no difference between protein shakes and regular food.

>Don’t Use Machines. Squatting in the Smith Machine forces you into a fixed bar path because the bar is attached on rails. This can hurt your lower back and knees. It’s also ineffective to gain strength and muscle fast because the machine balances the weight
>stronglifts.com/squat/#Equipment
Should I just ignore this stuff, then?
I really don't want to hurt my lower back. I actually tried using the machine once and it felt really awkward.

SPOOKY dyel here.

When I finish my lmao3x6 unweighted dips, I feel pain in my bones. It's vague but I think it's the upper part of my ribcage.

Is this normal?

It's obviously better to just use the machine rather than nothing.

it just seems like such a hassle to eat 170g broteins

Does bad form(cheat curls, not hitting depth, etc) really not mean as much as the internet would have you believe? Seems like there are jacked people who do it all the time and it's better than playing safe and never progressing at all. Case in point several people on that Elgin channel on youtube.

Thats what protein shakes are for. Just mix them and drink them throughout the day.

Benis crushers

Just stretch as often as you can.

1g per ib is a lot of protein to make sure you get enough. If you cant afford that go for .8 for every ib which is enough for most people.

how many shakes should you have a day?

I can't eat Whey Proteins, are Beef proteins from myprotein (carnipro) any good?

Best set of deadlifts and squats to increase strength? 5x5?

Why do I store a shit ton of fat in thighs/ass? How do I improve that?

Enough to hit your intake of protein, so it may be different from day to day depending on what you ate

I just noticed my left ankle dosriflxion is less than my right as well. Right knee touches wall with toes 5" away, but left doesn't. Check it: mikereinold.com/ankle-mobility-exercises-to-improve-dorsiflexion/

Genetics, and lose weight.

Sure, but think of your caloric total more as a weekly total. If you vary a little from day to day it's fine.

>i cant not squat
Then problem solved.

so i'm on sl 5x5 and went 2 weeks without exercising , tried squatting with my work rep after that time with my work rep and figured I had to deload because I almost died at the bottom of the squat
deloaded on squat , bench , ohp , row but on the deadlift , I attempted to lift my work rep and it magically went as easy as it was before this two week hiatus , what the fuck is this magic?

How much protein should I take on a daily basis?
Cutting, 5'1 130 lbs

why is my bench/ohp so shit?

Since I started lifting about 5 weeks ago, I have added 50 pounds to my squat & DL quite easily but have barely managed 20 on both my OHP and bench

How do you have a healthy and consistent cut?

I have been lifting for like 3 years, last time i cut to the point when i had abs i was a walking zombie my energy and strength went to shit and it wasnt long before i ended up going back up to like 15% bf.

Im trying to cut again on 2000kcal and weight hardly seems to be moving, i used to work a manual job but now gone into education again so im pretty much sedentary other than lifting 4 times a week. I feel like if i cut any lower i will just lose all strength in the gym, i was bulking at 3700kcal and stopped gaining weight at about 110kg.

If I'm getting stronger does that mean my muscles are getting bigger?

Been going for several months now and I can lift more but don't notice much size difference

Fewer/smaller muscles involved.

How much money should I bring to a strip club?

what does fit think of running this program without doing keto, just on a regular cut?

ketogains.com/2015/09/ketogains-novice-strength-training-program-5x5/

Anyone have tips for perfecting high-bar squats? I'm not sure if I'm doing the steps correctly:

inhale > brace > squat atg > squeeze (glutes? quads?) to rise > exhale towards top

Am I gay if I posted my body in a thread and a guy said I had a nice ass and I enjoyed the compliment?

in the bottom of my squat i feel pain/bad uncomfort in my hip (on left side where femur meets hip on inside of leg) that makes me lose power.

Typically if I don't squat for a week it goes away. And it's improved with stretching too, but doesn't entirely go away.
Do i need to stretch more? anyone else experience this?

Post video of form

I need a list of good gluteus medimus workouts for reasons

I don't have one unfortunately.

>freshman year of hs 130-140lbs
>5th year uni 130-140lbs
what do i need to eat

>Going on my first cut, I'm afraid I won't get enough vitamins, minerals, etc etc
>roommate keeps fucking harassing me with "the CANADIAN food guide" and has threatened to call FM and tell them I'm trying to kill myself via starvation and get me kicked out of college.
>keep trying to explain this shit but he won't listen so fuck him.

So do I just do supplements while I cut ontop of daily vitamins or actually try and achieve balanced diet? Also the Canadian food guide is horseshit as far as I can tell...right?

Is it true that not drinking enough water can lead to a bloated or distended stomach?

I feel like my stomach bulges out and I'm wondering if it's from not drinking enough water.

Food

What you eat doesn't matter as much as how much in terms of weight

Watch out your form, and keep up with the stretches, it worked for me

Cook everything in butter
Top everything with cheese
Wash everything down with whole milk

>everything?
Yes, everything

something
anything

Most government sponsored dietary requirements are retarded. You can get all the vitamins you need with just food on a cut, but if you're worried about it take a multi vitamin

was doing ohp a few hours ago. on my second to last set I felt (and heard) my right collarbone pop. I finished my sets but on the down motion it fuckin hurt like I wants to pop out. only hurts humerus is below parallel. anyone ever experience this?

Yes but you have to be at flies in your eyes haven't eaten in weeks and you can't remember your last drink of water type of dehydration.

Yes.

Are there any potential side-effects to taking BCAAs, or are they 100% safe unless I fuck up the dosage?

$100 in singles
Not necessarily. Your central nervous system gets stronger too.
At least 100g
The diet doesn't really matter. If anything, being on keto holds you back, so doing that routine not on keto should be easier.

Do you eat meat and nuts? If yes, only side effect is wasting money.

No, but you are gay because you post here.

What if I'm only going to the strip club to write a paper and don't plan on getting a lap dance?

Please help me

You gotta at least buy a drink or two so take like two twenties.

What am I supposed to do about a pinched nerve in my neck? Dr. suggested I might have one then didn't give me any treatment advice. I called back asking what to do but haven't got a response.

Is it bad if its been hurting for over three months?

Just eat some veggies and shit. You'll be fine. When the government says you need to hit 100% of a certain mineral every day, divide by like 5 and that's probably the minimum you need.

>never see girls look at me, even ones "in my league"
How are you supposed to make eye contact and talk to girls if you never see them look at you?
Talking to them just out of the blue just never works if this connection can't be made

Are they actually looking and I just don't notice?
Is it just hopeless for me, Veeky Forums?
How do you make eye contact with women?

I'm about to start dieting for the first time in my life. I already cut out sodas, how much farther should I go beyond cutting out fast food? Is there a certain plan Veeky Forums recommends for just cutting, or am I in the phase where I can just try to manage my calorie intake and try to eat healthy?

Planning on cutting for a few months while working out at home and running before ramping it up with a gym membership early next year.

Cut out the "F" foods in pic related. If you want to go farther cut out the "D" foods too (except cottage cheese, screw whoever ranked it that low). Simply by adding exercise and getting rid of junk food, you will probably end up eating at a caloric defiict, but it's good to track calories too to be sure. Keep in mind that long term weight loss is all about small changes that you can make sustainable. Going from a shitty diet to a perfect diet with perfectly tracked calories and daily exercise can be very difficult, and even discouraging. If you find your willpower wavering, make SMALL concessions while still having an overall healthier diet over time.

Thanks user. I'll do my best to cut out the "F" foods first and see how that goes. If I can stay on the wagon and feel good detoxing off that shit, I'll give "D" a try.

You might as well be using a leg press or those leg extender machines for your quads. At that point it's just an isolation exercise. Not really as good as squats and that's what he wants.

lean bulk, just how important are my fat/carb macros?

I usually am about 20 grams over for the fat, and about 40-100 under for the carbs. My calories are where they need to be, and my protein is usually at or higher than it needs to be

I'm 5'7 and about 155 - 157lbs with broad shoulders

Is that bad?

Why can't I rep two pl8s Veeky Forums

Fucking why, I want to badly

Yeah, I was feeling that way for a long time. Didn't see the point in changing or trying to better myself so I kind of just stopped trying and it made my depression worse.
Unsolicited advice from someone who had diagnosed MDD for about 2 years:
You don't just "not be depressed". You have a physical change in your brain that prevents you from taking the same joy in things as a healthy brain. There is medication that can help. I took it before for a little bit, and it honestly helped me to stop having panic attacks every time I woke up (deployment related), as well as having a downward spiral of negative thoughts about myself and everything else.
There are also habit changes, and in my experience, this is what really helped me pull myself out and "feel" healthier. If you look at the brain as essentially a machine that takes input and spits out habits, you start to see how your every day life affects you over the course of a month or a year. Start to take note of your habits as you're doing them. You don't even have to change them in the moment, just notice them. Eventually you start to get a bigger picture of what you're doing that is healthy and unhealthy. Don't beat yourself up over your bad habits, either. Everyone has them. Also, most adults experience depression at some point in their lives. You are normal. Illnesses are normal.

Honestly, the most helpful thing for me was forcing myself into better habits, even when I didn't want to do them. Just understand that over time, those habits lead to better outcomes than not doing them. Life is a game of percentages; so hedge your bets with healthy things instead of not healthy things.

I'm at around 18% bf
how much longer do i need to cut?
I'm eating 1500 cals a day.
5'4" Manlet king
Freshly 18.
Help me fit

Dude, the military is getting a lot more serious about mental health issues. They will not kick you out. All you have to do is talk to a therapist about whatever's bothering you. They won't report what you say to your command or anything like that.
Go see one.

I'm a hungry skellington with a very fast metabolism. I've been working out for four months but haven't really seen any improvement whatsoever.

My meals every day consist of
>3 fried eggs + buttered toast in the morning
>chicken breast or meatballs + pasta or rice, broccoli, mushroom and onions included
>some fruits (mostly bananas) and other light snacks in the evening

Should I be eating more or eating something else entirely? Should I take protein shakes? How many calories should I be taking in each day? I currently weigh 62kg.