/QTDDTOT/

apparently you get a brief spike in testosterone on the seventh day of not fapping. would it be better to time this so that it's on a rest day or a gym day?

also qtddtot i guess

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/37ylk5/a_linear_progression_based_ppl_program_for/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

uhh ye these minor increases in free test don't actually make you build more muscle or anything.

Anyone flex their calves when they squat? I feel more stable. Not sure why I didn't do this earlier.

At what weight do weightlifting belts become useful for squats?

I used to think that it mattered, then I found out it's a minuscule spike in free test that doesn't really effect anything at all. Doesn't matter when ya time it.

Although 7 day no fap cycles are a nice way to get "benefits" of nofap without being part of the cult level bullshit of it all.
Also, any of you fags ever done keto? Would you recommend it over a normal cut? I always seem to fuck up normal cuts, and I'm at the point where I'm willing to try meme tier shit.

I do keto. Whether or not I recommend it over a normal cut depends on what you want. Imo keto is the best way to lose fat and look muscular. A normal cut is certainly better for a much more active person, like someone who regularly jogs or swims. Also, when I do keto, I don't eat things like bacon or cheese. I eat full eggs, steak, pork, fish, etc and all with veggies.

The main reason I'm considering keto is because I tend to fail horribly on more "traditional" cuts; I break the streak (hard) in some way shape or form, and then go off the rails.

On keto, do you ever find yourself doing that? Or does the premise of "don't eat non-veggie carbs" help you resist junk food?

End goal here is to look lean and muscular, and also to just outright lose fat, when I finish up this bulk and start cuttin'.

same gains from swallowing your boyfriends cum, you fucking dumb cunt

This may seem troll but I seriously don't know; If I take Whey am I natty?

It's really up to you, user. It depends on how big you are, how good your form is, and how fucked up your back is.

Yep. You're natty. Whey (and creatine, before you ask) are both taken from foods, and found in foods. Whey is literally what happens when you boil a metric fucktonne of milk. It's basically what's left over in milk when the water is all evaporated.

Also, for future reference, steroids are essentially just artificial versions of the hormone testosterone. You are NOT natty, if you take any kind of artificial hormone, a drug called DNP or a drug called Clenbuerol. There are a few other non steroid drugs that make somebody non natty as well.

Before you ask, if you were taken either clen or DNP, you'd know. And also probably be dying. Painfully. Because people who fuck with those drugs without understanding them usually do.

Any other questions?

is tofu good? its so fucking hard to find a measured assessment of whether it makes you into an estrogen filled mess or is decent protein.

How are you supposed to track weight gain correctly on a bulk while taking creatine because of the water weight, i've had 2-3kg swing of weight from a day to another ?

Yeah, in the beginning, I caught myself frequently breaking the streaks, but I was limiting myself to one cheat day a week, it was really strict. It boggles my mind that some people can manage one cheat meal a week and be fine. Anyways, to reach your end goal via keto diet you really have no choice but to summon the discipline required to resist the inevitable cravings. On the bright side, desperately wanting junk food is how you know your diet is working. It's how you know you'll see results in no time. And I mean no time. You'll notice a physical change in as little as a week or two.

The only thing that helps me resist junk food when I'm at my hungriest is the fact that the cheat day is coming. Christ, I used to put m and m's in my fucking cereal when I woke up, and it was glorious to me, and it was ok, because I earned it after six days of no carbs.

What do you think about this program for a beginner?

reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/37ylk5/a_linear_progression_based_ppl_program_for/

>inb4 leddit

In SS how do I know the weight that i will start from?
Do they tell me in gym?

Don't expect anyone to remember yesterdays post, but I'm trying to quit drinking. Basically ran out of money a few days ago, so had no other choice but to remain sober (because I had that little bit of self restrain and didn't lend money). Well, I got money again and now my brain is playing all kinds of tricks on me and trying to get me to drink again. Just don't know how I can stay strong, when my body and mind crave for that liquor and I could get it within minutes.

What happened to supermang?

he gave up powerlifting and went back to snatching unwary passersby to take back to his lair under the bridge

Why would you weigh everyday? Maybe weigh every week but trend it over the month.

Is it your welcome or you're welcome?

depends on the meaning

"this is your welcome to the gym"

"you're welcome for the spot"

Honestly that sounds pathetic and I wouldn't call what you are doing keto. Cheating on Keto with carbs every week is taking you out for a few days, and just as you are maybe getting back in to Keto, you are about to cheat again. Either do it right, or fucking eat a well balanced diet including carbs. That post makes you sound like a bitch

Carbs (dextrose etc)post workout? Yay or nay?

Think of what you'll look like at 30+ years of age with all that drinking.

thanks

I've asked this several times but got no reply

Do oly lifting shoes wear out easily, or are they bad for your knees to walk for extended periods of time? I walk to the gym (about 20 mins) every day and I don't want to destroy my shoes (like I do to my other shoes due to pronation), so I'm asking if I should change shoes at the gym or there is no problem?

Also, is deadlifting good with oly shoes or better use flat shoes?

I'm 30 already and a 2/10 in terms of facial aesthetics, it can't really get much worse. I've already paid the toll for being a degenerate for 15 years.

They aren't walking shoes, definitely change in to them at the gym. And I would dead in flat bottom shoes, but I doubt the extra inch would hurt you if you didn't want to constantly be changing shoes depending on how your split is.

I usually do lower weight RDL after squats, so I guess there's no problem, thanks bro.

go to AA
alcoholism is a common proplem, thats why these groups exist
you're not perfect, you need this

I'm currently doing boxing training 3-4 days a week and want to add 2 days of lifting, would it be best to do a push/pull routine or two full body days?

definitively full body.
look at the routines from the sticky and make your own two day routine based on them
also consider, for boxers bench is more important than The Press. and don't forget rows

Don't just chug straight sugar, there's no point in that. Eating a relatively quickly digesting carb like a banana or some skim milk is good. Honestly the skim milk is probably best because you get post workout carbs and protein without the fat and it's very cheap. Don't go whole milk for post workout because the fat slows digestion, which is not what you want when your muscles need nutrients the most. Keep in mind these meal timing effects are minor ( Like ~5% extra gains if you do everything by the book).

Should back angle be as horizontal/180 as possible during stronglift style rows? Where should I bring the bar to on my chest?

Ideally yes, although having your back angle a little higher is fine if it makes you more comfortable. The bar should be coming to approximately the top of your stomach where your ribcage begins. This is farther down your torso than a bench press. Just do what is comfortable while lifting the weight by imagining your elbows are being pulled up and back by strings. Avoid excessive bicep flexion (there will be a little bit of course). Your arms will make roughly a 90 degree angle at the top.

Weigh every morning.

Plot a 5 point moving average.

Got kicked out of his gym for abusing drugs and is now a tweaker or something

How come i have so many random erections when im sleepy

What ratios should my chest/back have?

I row 87.5kg for sets of 5/6 and just got to 75kg bench (sets of 4 reps)

It doesn't really matter when you're a beginner.

What the FUCK do I do about lingering lower back pain?

Is the only course of action to just take a couple months off of squats and diddlies?

Well I've done that and it hasn't really helped.

Take some ibuprofen and squat and deadlift through it at a lower weight.

How bad is this

Push
Flat Bench 5X5
OHP 5X5
Squat 5X5
Lat Raise 3X8
(occasionally thrown in fly)

Pull
Deadlift 1X5 or Bent row 5X5
Pull ups 3X5
Seated Row 3X8
Hammer Curl 3X10

ABxABxx

please tell me if its shit and what I should change.//

Iam about 298 pounds right now.started dieting and some cardio about 6 weeks ago and lost about 12 pounds. Ive been eating between 1200-1300 with the occasional 1400 calories per day.
Is that good or should i reduce my calories more?

More accessories

losing 2lbs a week is good. Keep it up.

I dont wanna do the meme brosplit anymore, pls fit help me out. What program should i try?

SS, then Texas Method

So Creatine probably increases the rate of Male Pattern Baldness. Question is: Is the rate significant at all, or is it sort of a non-issue in terms of increase in DHT? Sometimes these things are overreported or sensationalized just abit, which is why I ask.

Thanks family

>SS

After I do high bar back squats, my left leg and glute feels like it gets worked much harder than the right in that I feel much more muscle soreness the next day on the left side. It has been like this since I started squatting for months now. I've been squatting twice a week.

Is my left side just really weak or am I somehow using the left more than the right? It has been like this for almost a year now. I think Rippetoe says imbalances work themselves out but I'm starting to question it. What do I do?

> when I do keto, I don't eat things like bacon or cheese. I eat full eggs, steak, pork,

Was one of those supposed to be good?

squat in front of a mirror or ask someone if you shift to one side. if you do, the leg on the side you shift to is longer. take x little pieces of paper and put them in the shoe from the shorter leg, if possible under the insoles. now if you're shifting to the other side now, you used to much paper.

if you don't have visible asymmetric problems at all, don't worry

I've been squatting for about a month and a half in the 400's without a belt since I lost mine and I keep forgetting to order one.
The best thing to do regardless of the usage of a belt is to learn how to brace properly. There are numerous good cues from elite powerlifters on yt, go check it out.

yeah i've recorded myself squat before i can critique your form my squat looked fine to say the least and never had any leg length issues. it has been so long like this tho surely the imbalance would have corrected itself by now..

Anyone here done a PSMF? What supplements are absolutely necessary? I have fish oil, but dont really want to spend more money on electrolytes, multivitamins, etc.

Are leg press and leg extension going to help me squat more wait? I'm trying to get to 2 pl8 squat or so.

I googled PSMF and had to cringe hard

It's one of the few diets that has some decent studies behind it

What do you do for calf doms? I cant walk today, trained them 2 days ago

painkillers, but since you can't walk that is out of the question.

what. the. fuck. user. you want to tell us how hard you hit calfs the other day and how much of a badass you are? whats wrong with you? dou you even lift? you fucking attention seeking cuck

'if it's too good to be true, it probably is' - the sticky

if you want to make it, only hard work will do

Ive been lifting for about a year and I cant even remember the last time I had DOMS. I did squats, front squats then went on to this 60 degree calf machine, your legs are straight instead of bent like a seated raise. I did a few sets of those and then some seated raises and continued my workout. They were sore yesterday but I was walking around.

I can sort of walk, I stand sumo width and bent over 45 degrees with my hands on top of my knees. Then I go one leg at a time and hold onto a chair or the wall if Im gonna fall over

I call bullshit. video or didn't happen
if it's really so bad you pulled or teared your calfs, not just doms

Form check dude:

Is your lower back hyperextending?
Are your abs getting loose at the bottom of your squat?
Are you gripping the bar tight and keeping upper back squeezed tight?
Are you ankles too tight, making you lean forward?

Get someone to look at you, I had lingering lower back pain for a long time until I finally realized what I thought was a stable lower back was actually overextension. After some retraining and learning to hinge my hips properly, I can squat painfree.

How does one bulk on a budget??

I only have $50 to spend a week and I have to consume 2,600 calories a day!

50 mcdoubles

>50 a week

GOMAD, 1 steak a day + random shit like oats.

Is stretching on rest days ok?

My good friend stretches the muscle after each set to ensure it gets destroyed more thoroughly. Does that make sense?

B-but wouldn't I only gain fat from these? Isn't there some healthy alternitive?

How much do you guys usually spend while bulking?

No you fucking wont

There's people that bulk on nothing but fast food. Get enough protein and carbs inside of you (steak + gomad) and you'll do good. Milk and steak isn't even fatty as long as you don't deep fry it.

oats, eggs, rice, cheap meat to damn easy.

Marginal difference

bout 200-250€ monthly

What's better for curls, DBs or the EZ bar?
I feel like DBs work my biceps more, but I don't know

Does it matter when you drink your protein shakes? I drink two a day, one in the morning and one at night a little before my workout. I just realised I might be cheating myself out of some energy for the workouts, should I change when I drink them?

Start low and work your way up, thats why its called linear progression

Anybody have good, extremely low fat meals I can use for cutting?

How bad is this

Push
Flat Bench 5X5
OHP 5X5
Squat 5X5
Lat Raise 3X8
(occasionally thrown in fly)

Pull
Deadlift 1X5 or Bent row 5X5
Pull ups 3X5
Seated Row 3X8
Hammer Curl 3X10

ABxABxx

please tell me if its shit and what I should change.//

Today in the morning I was weighting 58 kg
Then I weighted myself after lunch (and a big shit, I didn't get to do that in the morning) and I was weighting 61.

Which one should I trust? It might be that i'm sick today that makes me retain more water?

Yeah I read that. The stuff about you add 2kg after every session, and the stalling, and the 0.9 of your last weight, exc.

I just wondered whether there was a set minimal number, my arms are long and thin like fucking children, i don't know whether they can pull or not.

Will take a little trial and error. The first two weeks you should spend figuring out where you're at and practicing the movements with little weight. Don't push it or you're just gonna be sore as fuck and that doesn't help anything.

So I'd say just start with the bar for bench and overhead press and cleans. Maybe add 20-30 lbs for squat and deadlifts if it's too easy. And just go from there.

I work out 5 days a week, take a mass-gainer and eat 5-6 times a day on top of that; usually with eggs for breakfast, tuna for lunch, chicken for dinner among other things. In the last month, my weight has not gone up a single lb, nor has it gone down.

What do? I feel like my strength is going up (my squat has moved up significantly over the last 2 months), but I'm not noticing any mass gains.

Just got amazon prime whats the best protein powder/creatine/supplements or vitamins i can get on there?

Just start with the barbell, if you can't lift that then do dumbbells until you can. If the barbell is easy, throw some 5s on it for your nect set. Still easy? Throw on some 10s etc

I have two step brothers. One works out and takes creatine and is now bald at 28. Like bald as fuck. His 30 year old brother works out but doesn't take creatine and is barely thinning.

I'm not touching the stuff, my mom's dad was bald at a young age. I'm 30 now and so far so good.

Whatever is cheapest

>bulking on 2600 cals

How many calories should I be eating? Every calculator tells me something different (1900-3200 cals), what calc do you guys use?

I'm 6'3", male, 30 yrs, 192 lbs and I want to put on muscle

Stats?

please?

>Is stretching on rest days ok?
I think so. I hear goi g crazy with stretching is counterproductive if you're really into strength training but moderate/ light stretching shouldn't be a problem.
>My good friend stretches the muscle after each set to ensure it gets destroyed more thoroughly. Does that make sense? If it sounds retarded, it is retarded

I only weigh 130 pounds

trust neither. your weight will always fluctuate day to day.

its probably best to just weigh yourself once a week and in the morning

Work out 4 days a week instead. Beyond that is really unnecessary and counterproductive.
Eat more. 5 meals a day doesn't necessarily mean plenty of calories.

>start with the bar

Like nothing is attached?Jesus Christ, that is pathetic as fuck.

Still thanks m8, if I dare, a cringefest is waiting for me I guess.

>nect set
What is that?
>10s
That is against ruuruus. Wikishit says 3x5.

On that topic, I have done Air Alert 2 when I was in highschool. In that, you don't get to rest more than a minute between sets/reps, if i remember correctly. So how long do I rest between reps?

>cringefest

no one will look at your or give a shit. you're of absolutely no importance to anyone in the gym.

everyone is way too focused on what they are doing. You knowwhat will get you noticed and judged? When you try to use too much weight and fail and need help.