/owg/ - Olympic Weightlifting General

A thread for the discussion of the sport of weightlifting and all things related. Keep the insults and shitposting to a minimum.

>pasta edition

>If you are new to weightlifting please read these first and check the other sources they link to before asking questions:
pastebin.com/1HgVcGam
pastebin.com/wCXeXfkk
chinfl.blogspot.sk/2013/07/how-into-weightlifting.html
reddit.com/r/weightlifting/wiki/faq

>helpful blogs:
yashathoughts.com
pentupwl.files.wordpress.com/

>The information that you are looking for is probably in the above links.
That includes routines, shoes, information on the lifts, etc. Check out the pastebins for literature or the reddit faq for general information.

>youtube stuff:
youtube.com/channel/UCl3WCm2GfvLxvH877oJ1xEA/playlists
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLfIeSgSBSoCJpz57KfVoqp4K4AeSFAfD
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLotmoPX6Kq0WJH2uws60250m1YTtg3j8Q

>prev thred

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BKYCzFoBryp/
instagram.com/p/BKYDA78Bd5o/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Albita Sanchez Ferrer is dirty
in a good way though

also we might as well remove yasha from the OP, he hasn't posted anything good in like 8 months

>That guy who narrowly missed a 140kg hang snatch.

why do these threads keep dying??
also
I'm 85kg now, cj 75, snatch 65, seeing a coach once a week
If I were to get on gear now and keep juicing for the next three and a half years (6 months before the olympics) would I be able to compete as I'd show up as natty?
also there were only 2 competitors for my country in this sport in rio

because the most frequent posters have stopped coming here I guess. Half the posts of a thread limit /owg/ are just arguing about something inconsequential

also olympics are over, maybe casuals are wl'd out

Has the Kazachstanian guy been disqualified yet?

Has Lu been awarded his rightful gold yet?

Is Jacob kill yet? I sure hope so.

Lu cocksuckers btfo

basically just the fact that you can only argue about certain things a finite amount of times

Trip on pent

He has a bunch of exercise instruction videos on his site, at least.

If you faggots don't want your thread to die answer my goddamn beginner questions REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>from last thread

How much bodybuilding / conditioning work should I be doing in addition to my weightlifting training?

I have a well-respected coach who has me training for movement and mobility currently, as I just started oly lifting ~1mo ago and need a lot of work in those areas.

But he doesn't prescribe a lot of additional work, and I feel that it's up to me to decide how I manage that, but I'm not sure how.

Add direct chest work (e.g. bench) 1x/week, with assistance work (pushups) 1x/week? Bi's/Tri's 1x/week? Abdominal work 2 or 3x/week?

And for conditioning, would doing sprints and jumps 3x/week work? Currently training 6days/week for oly lifting.

>How much bodybuilding / conditioning work should I be doing in addition to my weightlifting training?
it depends

if you have a shit work capacity do more conditioning

if you want a sickening sicks pack do some bodybuilding

sprints are more for speed training than conditioning i think

How tight should shoes be? If they don't feel tight, wearing thicker socks is possible? How thick should socks be?

Thanks

Work capacity is pretty good, just want to do light conditioning to maintain my ability. Also kinda fat (~14% currently) so trying to add some additional work to help bring that down while on a minor deficit.

Thanks for the note on sprints though.

Best conditioning work you can do is shove a prowler sled around (if one's available.) Minimal eccentric work so you can push yourself to the very limit and not have soreness impact your other training.

>Also kinda fat (~14% currently)
wew

i'm assuming conditioning=work capacity and you can either do likesaid or just increase workload

I made u some memes f a m

instagram.com/p/BKYCzFoBryp/

instagram.com/p/BKYDA78Bd5o/

We do have one available at our facility. Thanks, I'll look in to adding that. I've started to do either 200 pushups or 100 situps every morning with either a bicycle ride or light jog as well, mostly just for overall health benefit and not really pertaining to the training specifically, but the chest / ab work is something lacking in my current "program" and it's a nice addition.

Yeah as I said, just switched from that retarded bodybuilding-esque fitness mindset that's parroted here and the whole "EAT BIG TO GET BIG CMON" mentality, to an actual program / athletic sport. Last "bulk" put me a bit higher than I would have liked, saw decent gain from it but without strength training what's the fucking point

>How much bodybuilding / conditioning work should I be doing in addition to my weightlifting training?
bodybuilding 3 days a week for around 30min a time
conditioning 1-5 days a week for around 30min a time, not too hard
>Add direct chest work (e.g. bench) 1x/week, with assistance work (pushups) 1x/week? Bi's/Tri's 1x/week? Abdominal work 2 or 3x/week?
sounds ok. work shoulders and back too and stuff
core 2-3 times a week
>And for conditioning, would doing sprints and jumps 3x/week work? Currently training 6days/week for oly lifting.
ye

pls reduce shouting

My front rack position is shit and it hurts my wrist. I use the 2 finger grip thing which lessens the pain. If I keep using it will it get better or do I have do wrist mobility stuff?

pls respond

They should be snug, but not painful. I found Adidas Powerlifts to fit true-to-size, but with a slightly wider toe box, which is perfect for me since I have wider feet. I always tie the laces snug, but not insanely tight, then yank the strap as tight as I can possibly get it over the laces. This helps me get good all around snugness without pain on the top of the foot from the laces.

Keep in mind it'll take a little while for them to break in, mine hurt my feet a bit until about a month into wearing them.

When warming up front squats, use full grip, start out really light, and only increase 2-5 kilos at a time. Use full grip until you can't stand it anymore, then switch it to two finger grip or whatever. Do this every time you front squat, and you should be able to do more and more of the sets full grip, until eventually you can do all sets full grip ezpz. That's what I did, and got there in like a month.

Hows your eating disorder as well as mental retardation friend?

gonna go bodybuilting for a while bros shoulders hips knees everything fuckeed right now, probably gonna go down a weightclass or two then get more athletic and then start wl again after a year or two when injuries clear up

wish me luck senpai