Routine thread

Here's mine:

AxAxAxx

Weighted Pull ups and dips 5x10
Squats 3x10
Deadlifts 3x8

According to Elliot Pulse you can build a well rounded strong body with just these exercises. Is this true or will I look unbalanced?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/37ylk5/a_linear_progression_based_ppl_program_for/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You will shit your bed and your dick will grow a foreskin 3 inches past your penis.
(It fucking sucks.)

seems like you're hittling every muscle in your body

so yes, it is true

Sounds boring.

Try to mess it up a bit. I throw in one day where I don't follow a routine each week. Be it use cards or a die to determine what I'm doing. Just something to keep me from getting too bored.

Perhaps my mental stamina is low, but this works to counter it.

Appreciate the reassurance

Boring but it would give me a decent looking body right?
What you're doing is actually pretty smart dude. I used to do something similar. One of my lifting days I'd just hit the gym instead of working out at home and try all the wackiest machines instead, so long as I hit my target muscles. Will definitely mix it up once in a while. Atm. Just trying to get the most time efficient routine down, and also effective

Dips 6x9
Tri pulldowns 4x8
Flat db press 4x6
Straight flys 4x6
Reverse grip incline press 4x6
OHP 4x6
Lateral raises 4x8
Shrugs 3x8

Bicep curls (2-3 variations) 8x8
Lat pulls (close and wide) 6x8
Low rows 4x8
Bent rows 4x6
Squats 6x6
Knee lifts or planking or whatever core
Calf raises 4x8

ABABxAB

Yes I know I need more legs.

You have almost nothing that effects shoulders besides dips, pity about your posterior deltoid, traps and calves.

Oh definitely it'll work for you, but when I say it sounds boring, my concern is you'll start to lose motivation.

If you're able to keep at it doing the same thing again and again, go for it. I couldn't and I tried, so now every Friday morning I mix it up. As I said, I may just have not enough mental stamina to stick to a routine and be happy with it.

Yeah... maybe I should have a couple days just for isolations. Your routine looks more well rounded than mine. Like you've said, legs. Hamstrings in particular. I don't like deadlifting either, but it's quite a bargain of a lift user. I've read somewhere that depending on grip, pull ups can hit the rear delt. Is this incorrect? Of course it wouldnt be as great as reverse flies or something

Decided to try this split rather than PPL as I prefer training arms fresh as well as making leg day more enjoyable. Let me know what ya'll think.

Whatever gets us our results right babe? B-babe?

What does your base routine look like? Cutting or bulkan?

Opie here. Looks like you're covering everything. Hitting muscles twice a week. Don't see why this wouldn't work. But I'm a newbie to be honest, never done a split either . But yours does look similar to ones I've seen. Which is good. Just my 2 cents

I guess bulking? I'm too small to be cutting. I'm only 114lbs (up from a near-anorexic-looking 88lbs). I say I've gained nearly 25lbs and people still think I have an eating disorder. :'(

Routine is:
Monday: chest/biceps/shoulder
Tuesday: back/triceps
Wednesday is cardio (more athletic conditioning). I like the idea of being able to run/row as well as just lfit.
Thursday: leg.
Friday is play it up.

I rest on the weekends (which allows me to hit the booze on Friday and Saturday and not worry about the hangover at the gym).

>Whatever gets us our results right babe? B-babe?
As long as we change our routine to reflect anything we've missed. It wasn't until six months ago I introduced calf raises in my routine because my calves looked retarded compared to my upper legs.

See what your routine does for you, and maybe you'll keep it or adopt more, babe.

>I've read somewhere that depending on grip, pull ups can hit the rear delt. Is this incorrect?
More like employing biceps or laterals more or less.

Posterior deltoid is part of the shoulders.

>Of course it wouldnt be as great as reverse flies or something
Or just over head press? You know, the best shoulder building exercise besides maybe lateral raises? On that note, I don't do front raises because I expect my current upper chest exercise to work the front shoulder as well as the clavicular head.

>hamstring
Yeah, I'm tempted to separate squats and calves, then include leg extensions and leg curls. Issue is neither of those exercises are actually good, leg extensions can cause damage and leg curls have problems associated to it too.

With that in mind, I'd rather keep squats on my back/bis day since the other muscles involved in a squat are basically the back muscles. I don't actually dislike the dead lift, deadlifts and squats just feel similar to me; I go very low, use low weight and use a little back.

I hate how you group muscles. Are you aware most chest exercises also hit tris and shoulders? Or that most back exercises hit a little bis or that even curls can hit a little back?

>leg/shoulder
How did this make sense to you?

IMO I'd rather hit the muscles I've already worked on so I'm sure everything is properly worked. That's just my idea. Lots of other people will do the exact opposite purely so their muscles aren't tired and they can train as if they're fresh on either muscle groups.

Who's doing bis and tris? You're a faggot.

What do you think about this program for a beginner?

reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/37ylk5/a_linear_progression_based_ppl_program_for/

>inb4 leddit

tl;dr

In any event, I'm pretty sure everybody here will tell you to read the fucking sticky. I did but decided GOMAD was not for me because I don't like vomiting and milk will do that. My gains have suffered for it, but oh well. They're just coming on slower and I'm trying to eat more to compensate.

If you can't do that, perhaps get a trainer to tell you what to do. Then read everything here in Veeky Forums and you'll see why your trainer is nothing but a meme.

I've been lurking here for many years and I've read the sticky at least twice. I get that almost everyone will tell me to start with SS but that I'm not gonna do.

Very bad

Why not?

you've been lurking for years

read the sticky more than once

refuse all of the advice and take advice from LITERALLY the worst reddit sub full of DYEL faggots.

if you're going to use reddit at least go to /r/weightroom or /r/powerlifting where the strong people are you weak-willed sack of fuckwit niggershit

would recommend adding OHP/push-press, senpai. Other than that, yes.

A:
Squat 5x5
Bench Press 5x5
Dips 3x10-12
Shrugs 3x12
Tricep Extention 3x10-12
Another tricep workout 3x10-12
Calf Raises 3x15

B:
Deadlift 1x5
OHP 5x5
Barbell Rows 5x5
Pullups 3xFAILURE
Bar Curls 3x8-12
Dumbell Curls 3x8-12
Calf Raises 3x15

Opinions Veeky Forums? I'm trying to work on my strength and adding some accesories like bicep curls and tricep extensions.

>decent looking body
Decent, yes. Great, no.
Just because all muscles are being work doesn't mean they're all being worked equally.
Enjoy having tiny bis, delts and upper pecs for example.

You're hitting tris 5 days a week and bis 4. I don't understand the purpose of your splitting.
Why not go chest/tri+back/bi, instead of chest/bi, back/tri and give bis and tris a full day to recover.
Or be an aboslute madman do an already established split like chest+back, legs, shoulder+arms.

If you recover and progress on both bench and ohp then go for it, but personally I'd just go for a push/pull and sacrifice one for the other instead of stalling on both.

>employing biceps or laterals
>laterals

Is this what you think lats stands for? Holy fucking shit.

I take a rest day between every exercise.
AxBxAxB
And my Bench and OHP are increasing.

Accident. I meant latissimus dorsi.

Buddy of mine is strictly a barbell lifter. He only benches, squats, OHP, rows, and diddys. Push/pull, heavy low rep/light high rep ABxabxx

Dude is jacked and sexy af no homer

Rate my routine Veeky Forums

Monday: Push
5x5 flat bench
4x8 OHP
3x15 lateral raises
4x8 tricep pushdown

Tuesday: Pull
5x5 Weighted chins/pulls
4x8 Shrugs
4x8 straight bb curl
3x15 rear delt raise

Wednesday: Legs
5x5 Squat
4x8 Deadlift
3x12 Leg extensions

Thursday: Upper
5x5 OHP
4x8 incline bench
4x8 Pendlay row
4x8 Shrugs
3x8 hammer curl
3x8 tricep pushdown

Friday: Lower
5x3 deadlifts
3x8 Squats
3x8 Leg curls

Is this good for a combination fo aesthetics/mass and strength?

Stats, how long have you been lifting? Natty?

I'd rate it 1/10 unless you're already an experienced lifter who knows what works for him. But then again if you are then why are you asking online for permission to do it.

Your routine is shit.

Wut really?

5'10 165 lbs
1rm are
Sq 260
Dl 315
Bench 185

So pretty dyel, but im trynna up my strength and put on 20 lbs.

Why do u say its shjt tho