French Revolution never should have happened

French Revolution never should have happened.
Literally not a single thing has ever come from any of them.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=II9G-k192Js
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_Revolution
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revolutions_of_1848
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

THIS

Fuck the rabble, fuck the Freemasons and fuck the """"Enlightenment"""

The Chad Royalist vs the Virgin Republican

I do hope you're being retarded on purpose...

I'm not. They weren't champions of the people and they didn't even really change anything for the better. The "Terror" is apt.

This is now a Royalist thread

>Resistance to conscription soon escalated into a full rebellion, known as the War in the Vendée. Soon after, la Rochejaquelein and his compatriots started fighting the troops of the French Republic with Louis d'Elbée and the Marquis de Bonchamps from April 1793. There, he gave famous order "Mes amis, si j'avance, suivez-moi! Si je recule, tuez-moi! Si je meurs, vengez-moi!" ("Friends, if I advance, follow me! If I retreat, kill me! If I die, avenge me!").

>Leading a few thousand Vendéan peasants, La Rochejaquelein gained his first victory over the French Revolutionary Army on 13 April, took part to the taking of Bressuire on 3 May,[5] in the Battle of Fontenay-le-Comte on 25 May and in the Battle of Saumur on 9 June. At Fontenay he was famous for his contempt for danger, wearing three red handkerchiefs - on his head, around his neck and at his waist to defy the Republican gunners.[6] After Fontenay his companions decided that they would also wear three red handkerchiefs so that La Rochejacquelin could not be singled out.[7]

>On 13 September the thumb of his right hand was shattered by a bullet during an engagement with Republicans at Martigné-Briand but he continued to fire at his opponents.

That's the July revolution though.

>Literally not a single thing has ever come from any of them.

I understand why you're in league with the Royalists; but saying something like that is completely disingenuous.

>youtube.com/watch?v=II9G-k192Js

Can someone translate this? I can't find a translation anywhere, is it about the French Revolution or is it older?

No it isn't.

What about that made you think it would be about the Revolution? It's clearly medieval.

Because i was listening to Vendean songs when it popped up as related, i don't speak French.

All the "innovation" France brought was already done by Britain. France has always-in all of history-been behind Britain.
Even at the rare times when France beat us in wars or battles, life for a British man has forever been better than life for a Frenchman.

King Louis summoned
All his barons and knights
King Louis asked
Who will follow me where I will go?

The most ardent ones stood up
Swore faith and fealty
The most prudent ones guessed
Where the king wanted to bring them

Thus spoke the Duke of Beaune:
I will fight for the realm
The king told him: that's not enough
We will defend Christendom

Thus spoke the Lord d'Estienne:
I defend the Christian land
But I don't want to go
Bring death over the seas

Ah, said the king, our domain
Stretches over the African coast
Up to the deepest desert
It's our fief at the price of blood

King Louis left
The most faithful followed him
They left far far away
To conquer the very divine

French Revolution is the greatest even in human history, get fucked Judeonarchists

King Louis called together all his barons and knights
King Louis asked them: "Who wants to follow me where I'm going?"
The most ardent responded and pledged faith and fidelity
The wisest figured out where the King wanted to lead them.
Thus spoke the Duke of Beaune: "I shall fight for the kingdom."
The King said to him: "That's not enough; we shall defend Christendom."
Thus spoke the Lord of Estienne: "I shall defend Christian lands. But I don't want to go there to sow death upon the sea."
"Ah" said the King, "Our domain extends to the banks of Africa, until the foremost desert. That's our territory and blood prize."
King Louis went there, and the most faithful followed him.
They went very far, far, far away, to conquer the very divine [place].
It's definitely a very old song, probably about the Crusades, judging by the lyrics and the drone and open fifths in the music. The spelling is rather antiquated as well.

>It's clearly medieval
>baron and knight are divided

Nope

>t.bourbon scum

I don’t know, I’m pretty ambivalent about it. The system needed a ton of reform, but was too bloated to let itself be reformed. Things like the metric system, nationalism, the levée en masse, the Code Napoléon, the reform of the tax and administrative system are positive. The rest, not so much. Though I can’t reject entirely the republican legacy.

Ideally, the parliaments would have let Louis XVI put all the reforms he wanted in action, or the revolution would have stopped on the 14th of July 1790.

Nope. That’s the 1832 June Revolt, if you had read Les Misérables, you’d know that. This one was more of an attempt, radicals disappointed because Louis-Philippe wasn’t going far enough for them.

England was a backwater until the Industrial Revolution and then it turned into the unlivable shithole it still is.

The music is definitely from the Late Middle Ages at least.

this

>England was a backwater until the Industrial Revolution
>the unlivable shithole it still is
ameritard education, everyone

Thanks guys much appreciated

seriously, what the fuck is wrong with E*ros?

it's about Saint Louis so 7th or/& 8th crusades

That makes sense, with the references to conquering/invading Egypt.

Yeah, americans need to be rangebanned from Veeky Forums

A literal google search or entry0level to history will confirm that England is the centre of Europe, it was the most innovative and prosperous and militarily formbidable nation of people ever to exist in Europe.
We weren't always on TOP but in the grand scheme of things everything good comes from England.

hi lindybeige

Shut up Lindy

You're a hack and everyone knows it.

>he never took AP Euro
please know something about what you're posting before you post here
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_Revolution
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revolutions_of_1848

They're two different things.

Only Yanks, Frogs and Krauts would deny objective reality.

This one was amusing.

top kek

>covered in pig shit in 18th century
>covered in toxic fumes and industrial runoff in 19th and 20th century
>covered in semen and kebab sauce in 21st century

Not even a Cathocuck but the Spanish Inquisition killed like 3000 people over four hundred years, that's a fart in the wind compared to the bloodbath that was the French revolution where ten times as much died within two years.

A-fucking-greed.
It ruined the world.

Imagine being this blinded by tardlove for your lost empire.
Now imagine doing so as a denizen of an American airstrip.

>google search of history
Are Bongs literally retarded?

>French Revolution never should have happened.
>Literally not a single thing has ever come from any of them.
French revolution is development of Ancien regimes, and Liberal Republics are the only things that have ever come from any of them
>Absolute monarchies never should've happened
>Western civilisation and thought never should've happened
>Humanity never should've happened.
>Life never should've happened.

Conclusion: Royalists are human-hating death cult in denial.

Western civilization ended with the French revolution.

>wanting a monarch

Jesus fuck how cucked can you get

t. Amerimutt

>Western civilization ended with the French revolution.
So, you are saying that western civilisation was a dead end.

It's probably some frog, don't drag us into this.
Though we are infested by """German-American""" Anglo-hating LARPers.

>hey guys can you just continue being oppressed by our poorly thought out an illogical laws
>also we're bankrupt and we need to raise taxes
>also only the middle class will pay the most taxes because the nobility are too noble to pay taxes and thus are exempt
>also we're going to lie about the state of our finances
>also when we agree to your demands, we're going to betray the people by trying to organise counter revolutions in secret and they try to escape the country

WOW HOW DID THE REVOLUTION HAPPEN?! ANCIENT REGIME WAS GREAT!

>t. Republican swine
Enjoy your debt, I hope it doesn't break your neck when it comes crashing down, since you need to pay it back.

>tfw America is ran by corrupt clans of hereditary oligarchs (Clinton, Kennedys, Bushes) and plutocratic magnates (Waltons, Rockefellers, Kochs, Rothschilds) that barely consider their subjects human and aren't answering to anyone
>b-b-but it's okay because we don't call it "monarchy"

Eurobootlicker detected

See

Debt was a huge problem for monarchies

What power do the Kennedys have today? Or the Clintons?
But you'd be retarded even if any of your cliches were true because even the president's power is checled by a senate and a supreme court.

>But you'd be retarded even any of your cliches were true because even the king's power is checked by the noblemen and the church

Piss poor analogy since neither of those are accountsble to the people.

>American politicians are accountable to the people
>being this bluepilled

>president's power is checked by the supreme court which is appointed by the president

>t which is appointed by the president
How many of the present justices did Trump appoint? God, you people are so deeply stupid.
Name five abridgments of free speech comparable to monarchical Europe. i'll wait.

Not nearly as much of a problem as it is for modern Democratic Republics.

>first past the post system ensures there's only two parties that are actually contending for office
>the parties nominate their candidates through a rigged system
>the only way to get power is either through corporate asskissery or being super wealthy to begin with
>literal legalized corruption where megacorps and oligarchs can give hefty (((donations))) (read: bribes) to candidates who are then bound to the interests of their donors rather than their constituents
>public regulatory organizations that issue rulings against the will of 90% of citizens
>while at the same time redtaping the absolute shit out of possible competition for the ruling oligarchy
>BUT AT LEAST WE DON'T CALL IT MONARCHY LMAO

>the parties nominate their candidates through a rigged system
Is that why Trump got through and not the establishment choices?

Again, name five instances of Eurotier abridement of free speech. That sort of barbarism doesn't really occur here, no matter how many memes you spam.

t. Louis Capet

>Trump was not an establishment candidate
>this is why his administration is full of Goldman Sachs employees and corporate lobbyists

You actually think the establishment wanted him from the start? How stupid are you?

>he just nominated AIPAC shills and Goldman Sachs bankers by pure accident

>DEMOCRACY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So do you actually believe that the establishment wanted Trump? If you do just say so now so that I don't waste anymore time talking to mental children.

No shit they did.

They settled.
Do you think someone who wasn't as rich and famous as Trump was could have pulled off the same thing?
Also, I hate Clinton even more, but Trump's not some great perfect leader, Jackass.

Originally they didn't want him, but he gradually became their obedient slave.

Also, I hope you 56% amerimutts do not unironically consider yourselves a "white" country.

Then that proves his point that someone they didn't want got through, brainlet.

Who said he was a perfect leader? Or even a good one?
The level of discourse on this board is abysmal.

>they settled
By trying to undermine him in every possible way even to this day?
How dis you pass the captcha?

If they didn't want him as the president, he wouldn't be the president.

>i say all presidents are chosen so trump was chosen
>im right because im right
Kek'd

Ah, I don't disagree that his initial views was a danger to those in power, but once he got into the system, he quickly assimilated and is now quite subservient.

I guess the establishment predicted this would've happened and did not mind him being elected at all. Now he will age like Obama did and come out of the job a senile fuck full of regrets.

>Trump was anti-establishment but then he MAGICALLY changed his mind after getting elected and started filling his administration with corporate lobbyists and other kikes
Is this what you believe?

When you have "views dangerous to those in power" but never act on them and actually side with those in power, that my friend is called a controlled opposition.

No, and none of that is relevant to my point.

So what exactly do you believe? Is Trump pro-establishment or against it?

These cheap cliche are all very fascinating, but they don't have anything to do with my point.

Neither one, since my politics aren't black and white /pol/ brainlet tier. On the single most important issue he seems so far to be against the major corporations, political parties, and media groups. Of course, I mean immigration.

>I won't actually reveal what I think about Trump because my views would get shredded
Okay DeAngelo

>against the major corporations
Yep and that's why he's doing massive cuts on corporate taxes. You're a fucking joke.

I gave you my views. Shred them? You couldn't even discern them.

I didn't say he was against every single corporate entity, bernout. Merely that h e was against them where I want him to be.
>muh corporate taxes, muh corporate taxes!
kys brainlet

>On the single most important issue
>Of course, I mean immigration.
HAHAHAHAHA. You mean after he literally just passed a huge tax cut that is going to transfer money to huge corporations?! How cucked are you if you think he is seriously going to act in a major way against immigration? He has only done token measures for his voter base. He is a utter creature to corporations, and that means he will not lift a finger against immigration in a meaningful way.

>that is going to transfer money
You mean take less away?
>He has only done token measures for his voter base.
Well, he's already going after illegal aliens who haven't committed any serious offences.

This song gives me chills every time I hear it.

It paved the way for thinkers like Hegel and ideologies like communism and fascism.

Lol what are these read flag , this is French Revolution or the commune ?

Fuck you, royalist trash.

Long live the French Republic!!!

Death to all royalists!!

You forget the White Terror, moron.

Oh, you are an inbred bog-hopper.

Not him, but yeah pretty much.

French Revolution has nothing to do with fascism.
It is the very opposite .

France is an african and islamic shithole now, so no point worrying about it.