Ive seen better results in my legs doing Bulgarian split squats than any back or front squat

Ive seen better results in my legs doing Bulgarian split squats than any back or front squat

Does anybody else do these?

I want to try this today on a barbell.

What is better and safer? Front or back?

Back would be a lot safer because like a front squat it requires a lot of thoracic extensionand flexibility

These are fucking savage m8 you don't even need anything other than DBs. Using a BB would make it even harder to maintain balance.

I've been doing this with 90lbs dumbells m8. That is the maximum at my gym. If i want to go heavier I'll have to grab the barbell, don't I?

You're a lot stronger than the average gymbro m8 probably back i'd say you'd tilt too much front squatting

Why in the fuck would you use a barbell?

I do weighted step ups instead of squats since I only have db's. Would these be better?

Yeah I guess i'll do back. Probably have to do it on a power rack, too.

You should practice it a bit to make sure you have the balance and flexibility

Yea

Definitely these are GOAT, either these or Walking Lunges should always be a part of your leg routine imo

Balance dip shit, fires stabilizers muscles, fucking research shit, journal of strength and conditioning

Using a fucking barbel with that kind of lift is stupid fucking dangerous. As a matter of fact, dumbbells fires more stabilizers.

Don't use a BB, I tried and it felt dumb

Plus holding DBs you get forearm/grip gains

DB > BB with this exercise

For some reason I can never do these. I keep losing balance, feeling pain in rear foot, or failing on low weight/reps. I can do regular squats or dynamic lunges with 5-10 times the weight.

Screwed up ankles after motorcycle accident: these are my main on leg day. They're brutal but they absolutely work.

Practice BW only. Try a staggered stance where your front foot isn't directly inline with your back foot, more off center. Also try pushing with your back foot to stabilize. I had horrible form the first couple of times but eventually it clicks and is fluid and effortless.

Thanks guys todays leg day so I'm gonna try them tonight.

I have been doing this for a few months because I only have dumbbells and my legs have exploded. Probably stopping with squats for a while cuz I don't want to be t-rex mode.

Thanks. I've had the legs pretty far apart horizontally because I generally have bad lunge balance, but I'll try the push tip and more BW practice.

Are they supposed to be much harder than other exercises? Even once it clicks should I be expecting much less weight than on other leg exercises?

Yeah, BSS are pretty brutal because they rely on balance, hip mobility, glutes, hamstrings, quads, shit even forearm strength.

They don't look manly but fuck they'll do wonders for improving your squat and DL due to the whole Posterior Chain being worked.

These are so fucking brutal