ITT: Weird dreams related to history

ITT: Weird dreams related to history

>Pol Pot conquered the world, and Ivan the Terrible was a philosopher that compared him to Genghis Khan

Bump
I have no such dreams, but this thread has potential

I haven't really had any historical related dreams.
But I had a dream where Stalin, for some unknown reason, was following me on a boat, just lurking around in the back....

I once had an unusually clear dream about fall of Carthage. I dreamt that I was among a croud of panicking semite-looking civilians in ancient greekish outfits in a urbanised area rushing towards boats in the city docks. There was smoke and dust everywhere, and everyone was screaming. It was night, but the horizon was enlightened from fires all around. The claustrophobic feeling increased as Roman war cries and insults could be heard, making all civilians panic more and crowd on the docks and in the boats.
I unironically started to think about writing a novel set in falling Carthage after that dream.

why run to boats when rome controls the seas at this point

Where should they have ran then?

Idk, maybe Cathies didn't know about Romans at sea, or they were so desperate to leave the city that they were ready to risk a fight with Roman fleet if it means a chance to flee. There was a lot of panic, not many were thinking sane.

Away

None about history, but I have had a dream since I was about five years of age which consists of a single image, which enters my head and then disappears seconds later

It is from a perspective high in the mountains, staring into a clearing in some woods, in which a gigantic, larger-than-life mammoth is stood

I even know where the dream comes from, it's based on some 'dinosaur and prehistoric animal' cards I saw at nursery

Fucking weird

I had a dream when I was 14 in which I was eating a sandwich while watching French Troops come up from the Trenches in Verdun to attack German Lines.Someone then came up to me and told me to carry their flag

I don't think you need a rational explanation if it really was a dream

Do wet dreams about a very very pregnant Anne Frank count

I dreamt I was escaping the city of Kydonia when Creticus conquered the island for SPQR. Roman legionaries killed everyone and I only escaped by escaping into a smoke screen and heading up the hills.

what is it that you see in Anne???

>book opens up with fall of carthage
>main character escapes
>rest of the book series is based around building a carthaginian nationalist resistence force from around the med and going full Iranian resistence and forcing the romans to give up on ever controlling north africa

A naked swell of a middle full of my child.

I was actually thinking about something like Aeneid, where main character, important military commander flees with his family and random strangers and looks for a new homeland while avoiding Roman lands, maybe even reaching America

I was in the 2aif manning a 25 pounder gun battery on a mountain side in papua new guinea. we started to receive counter battery fire from German artillery lol

I once had a dream where I was a cavalryman riding across a field, but my horse got hit with a cannonball and I was thrown off. I woke up just as some else's horse was about to trample me.

I had a dream when I was 15 where I in was in a civil war battle and I participated in a Confederate charge and I was the one survivor of the charge which had killed all the union soldiers except one drummer boy. I stood there staring at him a he stared back as we looked at all the carnage. Eventually I a tall man stood behind me telling me to shoot me. I told him I wouldn't do it. He keeps telling me to as I hesitated. When I tried to shoot he simply grew bigger. Since I shoot him he was mad and squashed me. As his foot came down, I remember the tall man telling me you should've done it. I use the knife to stab his foot and he disappeared. The man says "Luck shouldn't happen to dumb asses like you,yet it always does." I try to find civilization, but can't. The tall man says that "No one should've survived", and proceeds to choke me as I try to escape. That man still gives me creeps and appears whenever I almost die in a dream.

when i was a kid i would often dream about Joan of Arc.
In one instance i assisted her on some battlefield by fighting the English with a jet plane that shot pencils instead of bullets for some reason.
In another dream I rescued her from being burned and killed the English with my ability to launch teeth out of my mouth at lethal speeds.

do you think the person wearing that died?

I once dreamt of marrying Genghis Khan and his glorious mongol flabs

*sighs* I can only dream...

Not really history, but I dreamed this last night
>be film noir detective
>go to the office of some female friend with whom I have occasional sexual relations in the dream (irl she's some thirsty chick from university that seems to like me)
>she wants to have sex in exchange for the information I'm looking for
>we have sex
>she ask me that I knew, but forgot
>says the name "Ed", which triggers a flashback
>Ed, Ed, Ed
>I am in a public bathroom
>washing hands with Ed, who is apparrently black (don't know any blacks)
>some cyborg man enters looking menacingly
>claws instead of hands
>we run
>he catches up to Ed and grasps the back of his neck, ripping it out
>I shout Ed's name, but keep running
>I wake up
Not even one of the more bizarre ones

My friends had Veeky Forums-related hallucinations when they fell unconscious, though. One dreamed about being in a chlorine attack in ww1. He remembers sky blue uniforms, so it's probably the French side. The other dreamed about swimming in the ocean with burning ships all around (presumably ww2 ships).