Soylent

What is this soylent shit. Is this a meme? Someone was telling me about it today and it sounds amazing. I'm currently a student at uni and leave for school each morning at 7 and don't get home till around 7 each night. My diet is also kinda shit because of a lack of time to make meals. It seems like it would make life a lot easier.

Other urls found in this thread:

diy.soylent.com/recipes/chewable-soylent-v30-drinkzero-gritrolled-oatsdelicious-1800-kcal
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

its essentially whey protein with vitamins, its not a meme

*raises paw*

Uhhh...I thought it was people

Do you think I'd be ok if I started using it as a substitute for 2/3 meals a day?

It was designed to replace all your meals. Iirc the CEO spent 6 months only consuming this stuff as an advertising stunt.

As for whether or not you should, I'd use it to replace a single meal at most.

Literally just maltodextrin with soy protein and a crushed up multivitamin

Make your own for a fraction of the price and make it 10x healthier.
>Whey
>oats
>Spinach
>Fruit
>Peanut butter

>Make your own

The point of soylent is not to make your own and just grab and go. Honestly for the price its not bad (around 3$ a meal) You arent going to get much better than that with all that shit you listed

>whey
Pretty cheap

>oats
Cheap as fuck

>fiber supplement
Cheap

>multivitamin
Also cheap

Bam. You got yourself a soylent product

You must be literally insane if you think this is a viable option for nutrition

OP here. What's a good and cheap multivitamin I should get?

You'd be fine.

Again buying all of these and making 2/3 meals a day with these would only be better if OP bought them in bulk. Along with the time to make the shake, You are giving the opposite advise on what OP wants

You can mix all that together in a giant container in minutes. Then you just scoop it out into a shaker when you want to eat. You know, just like how you have to scoop out the soylent

It'd save you a lot of money. That stuff is stupid expensive

Why

Soy = estrogen. Enjoy manboobs.

Yea I'm actually kinda leaning towards this. Just making a big mixture of it and scooping out what I need each day. Is there anything soylent has that a shake like you said doesn't have? Also do you put the multivitamin in the shake?

You'll probably want some fats too, so get a fish oil pill too. Soylent is vitamins, oats, and whey protein marketed well

No, just take the fish oil and multivitamin like normal

>That stuff is stupid expensive
2.6$ a bottle its not stupid expensive at all and thats with the prebottled soylent not the powder which is cheaper by a good bit

Years of research behind it

cosmo, is that you

>$2.60 a bottle
>400 calories

I can buy 5 pounds of powdered oats for ~$4. And a scoop of protein costs less than $1. You're paying $2.60 for about a dollars worth of food. I hope you enjoy the marketing

Nice shilling you fucking faggot

Kill yourself

You lack an hour to cook some rice? An hour to put marinade over chicken thighs, stick them in a zip lock back and refrigerate overnight? 30 minutes to cook them?

Wow look at you busy man. Studying to be a lwayer and a doctor or something?

Fuck off and stop being lazy. Cooking and meal prep isn't hard.

Complete waste of fucking money. If you buy in to it you're a fucking retard.
I swear we have this same thread every day.

Apart from the fact that it's expensive people complain that consuming only the one thing all the time drives them insane

>an hour to cook rice
>an HOUR to marinade chicken thighs, put them in a ziplock bag, and then place them into the refrigerator

the fuq

>2.6$ a bottle its not stupid expensive
Yes, it is. Complete waste of money, especially if you drink 1-3 a day.
That's $18-$50s a fucking week on some shit meme drink you can make yourself for a fraction of the cost probably with better taste and more suited to your needs. (More protein or more whatever whatever you need).

Ill spend a dollar and change for not going to the store or preparing my meals. Also tons cheaper and healthier than what is on my campus. An average meal being 5+ dollars.

not expensive.
ehhhh its not bad mixed with milk I normally have crackers (Cheese Its) after I drink and I never notice eating the same thing

Im in the same situation as OP, I feel great since drinking. Literally him eating anything other than oats and protein 3 times a day will be more expensive than 18$ a week. Which personally doesnt seem fun to me.

>not going to the store
Yeah, because $5 a day is worth it to avoid the grocery store twice a month. Besides, nothing I said needs to be bought anywhere but online

>or preparing my meals
Again, nothing I said requires more than a minutes work every few weeks

Hell, you can just get protein bars for the same sort of nutrition and cheaper

Fuck off shill.
Lazy sack of shit shilling a meme drink.

You're literally no better than the dumbasses who get starbucks every day.

>Literally him eating anything other than oats and protein 3 times a day will be more expensive than 18$ a week.
Yeah, no.
You have other food you need to eat besides your meme drink, which means more than $18 a week anyway. If you substitute ALL your meals with it, you're only getting 1200 fucking calories. That isn't enough if you're not a 100lb 5'2 girl.

Your drink is shit, please stop advertising here. Same fucking thread every week with some faggot always trying to promote this shit drink.

The butthurt is strong in this thread...

It's a lot more complicated than a fucking carb and whey mix and multivitamins.

But what do you expect, this is fit. The home of broscience...

It's nutritionally perfect based on older data, but it blows any meal replacement out of the water.

Just drink it for as many meals you can, but don't be afraid to eat normal foods with family or friends.

If you have time to research, balance, and cook your meals to be nutritionally perfect then go right ahead, but for normal people who have a hard time just making time to work out then this is 200x better than your average meal.

In my dorm room there is not enough space to have a large amount of food supply lying around.

Protein bars are not sufficient in meal replacement, before and after workout yes.

Okay,( 2.6$x2=5.2$)-Soylent Cost per day
(5-6$) for extra meal per day. Both combining for 10.7$ a day in food. Before soylent it was 16$-20$ a day. Im personally 155 5'10 and do some light running along with walking 5-6 miles a day for college and I have no need for extra food.

If you're spending $20 for food a day you're doing it wrong.
confirmed literal retard

I tried it for a while.
It's fine as a meal replacement, but after a few weeks I found myself wanting actual food for every meal anyways.

5$ gets me as much food as I want in a sitting on campus. 7.50$ is an average amount of money for my order at chickfila. 20$ would be soylent+Cafe meal + chickfila. Which happens 1-3 days a month

pic for you

>he thinks the alternative to some overpriced shake is $16-20 a day of food
What the fucking fuck

Yes it's expensive.

So if you have the willpower to buy good food and eat right, then do it. But if you honest to god don't, then keep drinkin

I think he meant buying food, like from a grocery store, not getting fucking chickfila.

Again I am not saying that is everyone expenditure on food however that is mine

I have the willpower to buy good food, and to eat right. which is why im drinking soylent

Again im talking about a college student. Me personally do not have a full kitchen in my dorm to allow me to cook stuff from the grocery stores other than basic mixing of foods

>You'll want some fats
The powder is 40% lipids. Anyone saying that soylent is just whey is talking of of their ass

Soylent users please post your physiques.

If you can hold up a bottle of Soylent next to you with a time stamp, that's even more ideal.

1. We have the same keyboard.
2. Are you at Texas A&M
3. I'm looking into buying some of this. Do you only buy the drinks? I was thinking about buying a mix of drinks, powder, and bars

That's no excuse. I'm at UMass right now and have everything I need to cook grocery food. Just get a toaster oven, a griddle, and a camping pot / pan set. Really good quality food for a low price, just don't tell your ra about it.

I took the picture and forgot timestamp but you can see the bandaids on my fingers in the picture from other pictures in this thread

Nope sorry, I go to a college in Georgia. I buy the drinks however the powder is cheaper but you have mix the powder and shake it ect.

not risking getting in trouble

>not risking getting in trouble
Suit yourself then.

my RA does weightlifting hes up to 620 pound deadlift, if he catches me with stuff im not suppose to have I fear what he could do to me

It's pretty good for when you're hungry and in a hurry. A lot better than bars and shit that have a lot of sugar. Tastes like oatmeal. Full of protein.

Well worth it imo

your nails are nice.

thanks thats strangely a normal complement I get

I'm in same situation, not a lot of time to eat, but spend whole day at school. This is only two days a week, so it is not as big of a deal. I don't wanna buy soylent, so could someone recommend a good homemade alternative? I don't want to spend too much money but good ingredients will be worth it.
tl;dr someone please give me a good recipe for my own meal replacement shake

uses soy protein so its pretty trash. guaranteed to give you bitchtits.

Can i hijack this thread for meal replacement milkshakes? I too am normally at school all day and im there for both breakfast and lunch but im sick of lugging around a giant lunchbox everywhere, all the food at my uni is shit fastfood and too expensive to have on the regular. Also when i google it im only getting weightloss shake recipees or websites for caregivers selling ensure.

Like some user said, oats powdered plus whey would be good. Flour probably wouldnt work as a carb source right? Maybe almond flour tho. I will try making some and report back if anyone is interested.

heres a list of common foods that contain estrogen in a fair amount. carrots, cucumbers, peas, peppers, potatoes, pumpkin, squash, yams, garlic, eggplant, red beans, soybeans and split peas,tomatoes, apple, cherries, plums, pomegranate,

nice gyno fag LOL

Try soylent for a week. Then try your own meal replacer

Meal replacers made by people without detailed knowledge of what a person needs daily can be a very bad idea

YO LOWKEY SOYBOYS, has anyone elses nails been growing like mad since starting

I clip every 4 days now

Mine have always grown fairly fast, however nail growth has to do with your overall health and you are getting more vitamins than before allowing you to produce more keratin I assume

How do you deal with the fact that you aren't eating physical meals?

Its hard for me right now, been a soylent user for only 2 weeks

>I have the willpower to buy good food, and to eat right. which is why im drinking soylent
Fuck off advertiser.
You're so full of shit.

You can buy a foreman grill to cook literally everything you need. It's small. It's cheap.
Get a mini fridge for food. Small, cheap.
Buy food weekly.

Please kill yourself and stop trying to sell this meme drink.

>tl;dr someone please give me a good recipe for my own meal replacement shake
A multivitamin, fish oil, washed down with peanut butter/banana/milk/scoop of whey protein.

Literally all you need. Figure out your own measurements based on your needs/wants.

Maybe add some oats.

You're supposed to eat physical meals. Drinking only soylent is meme tier. Make your own shakes but they should replace one meal a day at most, and probably just breakfast or lunch for on-the-go or busy times. Not every day.

Again you are not understanding the purpose of soylent. Its a fast meal replacer I have no need to cook food on a foreman grill. I buy snacks and drinks bi-weekly. Please give any explanation on your views of this drink

I eat a solid meal once a day. Not eating solid foods for a extended period of time removes your body's ability to digest solid foods

>Please give any explanation on your views of this drink
High price for something you can make yourself for cheaper, better taste, and better micros.

Replacing multiple meals a day with a liquid drink is garbage tier. You should be getting your micros/macros from actual food, just as whey protein should only be a supplement and not end all be all.

It's 400 calories. Twice a day is 800 calories.
Then do you have a 1200 calorie meal? The fuck?
Do you even fucking lift? Why are you here
to sell your garbage product to unsuspecting retards

For a months worth of soylent it is 54$. This gives you a price of 1.9$ a meal for powdered soylent. Not at all high priced

All powdered drinks taste "bad" unless mixed with other things I mix it with milk and it doesnt taste bad at all. It tastes like if you had gramcrackers in milk then drunk the milk.

800Cals+500-600 of a solid meal. No I do not lift

Penny pinching jew here
I use mint.com to track every purchase for the last three years.
>Avg monthly grocery bill BEFORE soylent: $355

For last 6 months, I've bought 60 bottles for $161

>Avg grocery bill AFTER is $137

Bottom line:
>yes you'll save *some* money
>easier
>healthier

$54 is 28 drinks. That's only a meal a day.
You're saying two meals a day.
For $54 you could get pounds and pounds of whey protein instead which would last much longer. Then you could get shit to mix in it and make your own shakes for much cheaper.
Also it wouldn't have soy in it, and it'd taste better.
>Only 1300-1400 calories a day
Are you 5'5?

I've been having it for lunch for like a year now, and feel happy and healthy.

*Do not* replace all your meals with this. Science aside, I'm positive you would be miserable.

That being said, mixing the powder in a blender with milk, frozen bananas, ice, etc makes for a really tasty smoothie.

Get soylent if you're eating crap at least one meal a day. If you've got the time to cook yourself delicious meals (for cheap) then it's not so necessary.

>Retard spending money on shit he doesn't need
>Decides to buy all fucking liquid instead
>"Healthier"
>Actually believes a liquid diet is in any way healthy

is soylent filling at all? does it satiate hunger?

No different than a whey protein shake.

If you think whey protein and a few things added will give you all the things soylent does you are simply wrong and ignorant to one side of this argument. Im assuming youve never has soylent because it does not taste terrible in anyway at most its a little thick straight out of the bottle which is why I add milk.

108$ is two meals a day for a month which is much cheaper than what I would buy normally.
Im 5'9 155 pounds

Its fairly filling you arent going to feel like youve eaten a full meal and need to take your pants off, and for the most part yeah it takes you a few days to not want to "eat" when you are hugnry but after that it sates hunger well

>If you think whey protein and a few things added will give you all the things soylent doe
No, but a multivitamin will, which you can down with the protein shake.
>Im 5'9 155 pounds
So you don't lift. Why are you here? What is your purpose?

It has literally all of the macro and micronutrients you need to live, what does it matter that it's liquid instead of solid? You know what happens to food in your stomach? So I take it you don't drink protein shakes, since "liquids aren't healthy"?

Why not just eat whatever you want and down a multivitamin? Its not the same thing vitamins come from different sources even with the same name

This isnt a lifting thread and if you think fitness is just about lifting then why are you here

Protein shakes are meant to SUPPLEMENT your diet, not REPLACE it.

It's a fitness board retard. This shitty advertisement thread serves no purpose but to misinform other retards. Multivitamins are also supposed to supplement your diet, not replace it.

>All these soylent shills
>Actually willingly taking anything with soy in it
>All dyels
>Probably don't even workout at all
If you want to be a weak faggot at 5'9 155lbs drink soylent all day.

why doesnt anyone make "meatlent"? Instead of using faggy, feminizing soy, use a meat base instead.

>It has literally all of the macro and micronutrients you need to liv
It literally says it has 20% of what you need daily in one bottle.
Which means you got another 80%.

No different than a whey protein shake with nothing mixed in, you mean. Most people don't just dump protein powder into water unless they're on a cut.

I'm not sure what you're getting at. One scoop is about 130-40 calories.
You could have one scoop, banana, peanut butter, oats, and milk and it'd be about the same calories but more filling.

I am perfectly happy with my physical level

>Shitpost 24x7
>Shill 1xF
>Masturbate 2 hours

Judging by how many calories you're eating, it sounds like you don't have any physical level you stupid fuck. Which means you should fuck off to Veeky Forums, because this has nothing to do with fitness.

Do you even lift?

Buying bulk as opposed to making individual serving sized portions daily, like one trip to the store to buy individual portions of each thing, huh? You're right sign me up for your overpriced

CUMDUST
U
M
D
U
S
T

This is what you get when you fall for the Soylent Jew, best of luck.

DIY SOYLENT YOU TARDS

diy.soylent.com

diy.soylent.com/recipes

Specifically a $1.97/day bodybuilding recipe for instance:

diy.soylent.com/recipes/chewable-soylent-v30-drinkzero-gritrolled-oatsdelicious-1800-kcal

Literally buy bulk up front and have pretty full nutrition for multiple price ranges, has blender recipes for quite a few goals and diet preferences

liquid meat sounds fucking horrible

it has 20% for the liquid, 25% for the powder.
there is no info onn Phosphate
you would need 5 drinks for micros, 3 for fat.
There is no info on the fat itself and since its vegan it could be to high in LA and LLS. Taking your micros in a multi-form is also questionable, they could inhibit the absorbtion of eachother. Mixing it with milk or other things would also fuck ab the absorbtion.
Wikipedia says iis not well enough researched.
6/10 would not drink

Soylent is people user. IT"S PEOPLE

paw............kill yourself

because im a shitposting retard

Would.
I need help you guys...

I just don't have time to prepare naturally healthy meals from a grocery store.

I end up eating half my meals at chipotle or spend a ton on groceries and half of it goes to waste because I don't prepare/eat it in time.

Soylent fixes that for me.

Only green mate. That's what makes it taste so good. Red was my favorite till green came along.

Serious question: I'm interested in making my own since they don't sell Soylent in my country and it has too much sugar anyway. It seems cheap and convenient so why not? II know what to put in it, no probs there, but I'm concerned about the taste. How do I make a mix of powders taste well enough to be able to chug it every day? Are there strong artifical flavouring agents one can buy or something? Do I use a flavoured protein powder as a base?

>I still spend less than you, so you're not saving

confirmed for retard

Has the guy killed himself yet?
Last time I checked he was streaming himself crying for an hour

>whey
SOYlent
??????????????????

For anybody still thinking about using Soylent or rolling their own version, I'd just like to make sure that you are aware of the importance of your gut microbiome to the health of your body.

Before you start replacing a significant portion of your diet with sterile/synthetic shit marketed by profit-hungry cunts who couldn't give the first hint of a fuck about you or your long-term health, I implore you to do more research regarding the importance of your microbes and why your concept of nutrition needs to include them.

Just as an example, human breast milk contains some complex oligosaccharides which are completely indigestible by babies. Evolutionary theory dictates that there can be nothing superfluous in something like mothers milk; inefficiencies are simply weeded out. Instead, it turns out that the oligosaccharides are intended to feed the microbes in the baby's gut. That's how important they are.

tl;dr synthetic meal replacements are probably fucking bad for you, dumbass.

how do we get more of these microbes in our gut?