>creates imbalances of traps
>can lead to bicep tear

Hook-grip
>can lead to numbness of thumb
>can lead to broken thumb

Normal grip
>bar will roll out of your hands
>grip will always easily fail

This is why I hate deadlifting, considering just switching to trap-bar deadlifts instead, or just scraping deadlifting all together and focusing purely on back squats and front squats as my only lower body exercises.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Xp-pTg2-Js4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You know you can, like...switch hands sometimes for mixed grip, right? And bicep tearing isn't a problem unless you're at an elite level.

You're making excuses for yourself. Admit it, you don't like deadlifts because they're hard and you don't really care about strength. Here is the reality

Mixed grip
>possible, slight imbalance if you're not vigilant
>can lead to bicep tear if you're fuckin retarded and are lifting 400lbs+ on a regular basis

Hook-grip
>can lead to numbness of thumb (who cares)
>can lead to broken thumb if you're fuckin retarded and lift 400lbs+ on a regular basis

Normal grip
>you will have to train your grip strength (boo fuckin hoo) or the bar will roll out of your hands
>grip will fail if you don't train your grip (duh)

>Mixed grip
>>creates imbalances of traps
>>can lead to bicep tear
>
>Hook-grip
>>can lead to numbness of thumb
>>can lead to broken thumb
>
>Normal grip
>>bar will roll out of your hands
>>grip will always easily fail
>
>
>This is why I hate deadlifting, considering just switching to trap-bar deadlifts instead, or just scraping deadlifting all together and focusing purely on back squats and front squats as my only lower body exercises.

Unless you plan on deadlifting at an elite level or over 600lbs, I wouldn't worry about any of those injuries to a significant extent

Sumo deadlift
>an instant way to spit a cum guzzling faggot who ego lifts

My lower back felt odd today, it was my first time doing dead lifts.
I tried to make sure my back was straight and lift with my legs.
But i've had bad posture for most of my life, will dead lifting fix it?

OP here, you're wrong.

I actually PREFER deadlifting over squatting. The only reason I am complaining about deadlifting here is because at least with squats, there is nothing like this that interfere with my ability to squat.

The whole issue of picking what grip im going to use interferes with my deadlifting.

I would love it if we could all just deadlift without any issue with grip, but that's not the case here.

Confirmed for weak

all elite lifters use straps

I get the same shit, grip is the weakest part of my deadlift

So in other words you're too lazy to train your grip strength. Grip strength training is rewarding as fuck. Do it and stick to double overhand or hook grip.

wrong . Bicep tearing can happen at a noob level. It's when tards try to use their arms to finish the movement.

how do you train grip strength?

HEAVY SHRUGS

it's been far too long since i've seen this picture

Confirmed for fat weak "powerlifter" who does wide stance fag pulls because lol no mobility lol no strength

I pull 520 conventional mixed grip with no straps or belt

how do you get better at anything? by doing it a lot. dead hangs. dumbbell use. farmer carries. anything that involves gripping something reasonably heavy. dead hangs are the best imo. I go with about 80% of my 1RM and try to hold it for as long as I can.

how th efuck do you broke your thumb with hook grip

at most you will sprain it and heal it in a week or so

Solution: don't be retarded

What's wrong with sumo?

Thumbless grip
>build god-tier grip strength if you're just starting off
>can switch to normal grip if too difficult, but it helps because of reason above
>impresses DYELS who can only deadlift half your weight

Nothing bro, nothing wrong doing squats with a mile wide stance and half good morning, nothing wrong with arching your back to 3 inches from the bar and doing as wide of a grip as possible on bench either :^)

>400lbs+
But that's not a remotely high amount.

Pls no memeing

whats wrong with all of these things
(syrious question)

Just use straps then, you baby

>hook grip
>broken thumb
Are you made of glass or something?

It is if you're not obese

Just use straps you fucking mong

damn the perfect spelling and grammar just screams keyboard warrior

Since when is 4pl8 a weight you'd have to be fucking retard to lift?

>Train grip independently
>Deadlift double overhand with straps
>Use mixed grip or hook grip only during meets if powerlifter, otherwise scrap entirely

Is this a hard solution to come up with?

No it isnt, dyel?

I'm doing 531 and I just use straps for my main sets, then go double overhand for my 5x10 sets. Seems to work well and I avoid all the problems here.

user is just a faggot who can't put up good numbers, so he resorts to MUH ROM

equivalent to pussy pad for squats cause your a bitch, if you want better grip use fucking chalk.

>what are straps

nah they're just more convenient straps

I had some noticable imbalances from mixed grip, so I decided to start hook grip a few weeks ago. Shit is easy as hell, 2nd dl I matched my pr, the next time I added 20lbs to it. Forget trap imbalances, hook grip is great just because yoi are just pulling up, no wnergy wasted on torquing.

Also no where close to breaking my thumns at 385, but I climb so all my fingers are kinda fucked.

nobody cares about your twink deadlift.

Nobody cares about your apathy.

I'm almost up to 5 plate double overhand without straps. Just do 2 working sets without them, and if you fail midway through the 2nd set just quickly put them on and continue.

>get chalk
>chalk up
>DL max instantly jumps from 190kg for 1 to 220kg for 1
kek, griplets like me should be euthanised

yeah just going to say 400lb for reps isnt anything really man

This
But I refuse to do hook grip do to my need for functioning thumbs and vidya.
Inb4 console peasant, I do both.

Also I'm using a homemade rolling thunder (check out ironmind) for my grip strength and haven't dropped the bar for 405 x 5 with double overhand and chalk.

If you don't care about grip why not just use straps?

>numbness of thumb (who cares)
You're stupid if you think, that's not a serious thing. It's all fun and games until you really lose the feel there. I lost the feel in my toes and it was really inconvenient. I can't even imagine how bad would be losing a feel in your thumbs.

Nope. It's just over a year of lifting for any male.

It's for gays. So it's good on Veeky Forums, I guess.

Sumo is bad
wide grip bench is bad
wade stance squatting is bad
low bar squats are bad
arching your back benching is bad

REAL LIFTERS

Bench totally flat backed with narrow grip and legs off the floor

Squat high-bar with a stance so narrow your feet are actually together

deadlift off a 6" deficit conventional only

if it makes it easier why doesn't everyone do max legal benching, sumo deadlifting and wide stance squatting then you ponce...

>dead hangs are the best imo. I go with about 80% of my 1RM and try to hold it for as long as I can.
Static holds ≠ dead hangs

lmao, how is grip strength even a factor just fucking wear straps holy shit

> It's when tards try to use their arms to finish the movement.

That's the real problem. If I'm using mixed grip I don't go to failure / try to squeeze out that one last rep with bad form because I might cheat and try to finish off the rep in a way that leads to injury.

>hey guise i got weak grip
>"Take grip completely out of the equation, use straps!"
lmao dese idiots

t. griplet

>Sumo is bad
correct, adjusting form to "get the weight up" is bad. majority of sumo lifters do it because it allows them to get more weight up because of less rom. they can't do conventional. there are legit lifters who do sumo, but 9/10 outta 10, the sumo lifter is some skinnyfag struggling with lamo2.5plate diddly

>wide grip bench is bad
incorrect, wide grip activates the chest more than narrow grip. narrow grip activates a different muscle group. the two are different.

>wade stance squatting is bad
correct

>low bar squats are bad
highbar versus low bar, same as wide grip versus narrow grip bench

>arching your back benching is bad
retracting the scapula is good, doing some retarded inverse-catback is bad.

what about mixed grip while alternating the over/under hand

You switch hands on mixed grip. You will only snap your bicep if you try to pull up with your arms like a faggot.

If the bar is rolling out of your hands, you need a stronger grip. Try farmer walks.

Lastly, if you really need to, you can use straps just to get a set out.

nailed it.

yeah, like you do it unconsciously when you are pulling at 100%

>they don't arch on bench

what plebs.

>I can't do this compound lift as heavily as people say I should be able to
>so I just won't do it at all
???

found the manlet

lol I'm laughin cause ur prolly dyel af

haha yeah because only dyels know how to lift

Well I'm 6'8 I could have gotten my dad's thicc skeleton structure but I got my moms 6 foot runway model skeleton along with scoliosis in 3 points of my spine and a arm that when fully extended seems to be crooked. Back exercises and heavy proper form deadlifts has fixed my shit up so much. My chiropractor that I started seeing even says what I'm doing is great for straighting my spine. I'm not lifting relatively heavy. Heaviest pull Ive done so far is a 485 deficit

No but you're probably dyel and still giving advice. Just funny to me kek.

Shut the fuck up and wait for Trump to speak.

youtube.com/watch?v=Xp-pTg2-Js4

All this disinformation and scaremongering is hilarious. You know your biceps are in zero danger if you elbows remain in full extension, right? You know that you literally have more muscle imbalances from being right/left handed in daily life than you can develop deadlifting with a mixed grip a few hours a week, right? RIGHT?

Wait until the weights get heavy newfriend.

you're right if and only if people pull mixed grip for a few reps.

but there are people with such weak grip that they *only* pull mixed grip and *always* use the same arm.

This is such a stupid fucking reply. All of you that think this way are unfit to breed.

>"Dude, why are you wearing a seat belt? Just don't be retarded."

>"Why do you lock your door when you leave your house? Lmao just don't be retarded."

>"Kek you turn the safety on when you're not shooting? Man up and just don't be retarded."

We call safety measures "precautions" because it's best to exercise caution BEFORE shit happens. And shit happens, you mong.

lol stay mad dyel.

Life protip: don't get mad, get glad

Pay it forward bitch

Face

>9/10 outta 10
>9 out of 10 out of 10

>(9/10)/10

It's fitting that you quoted a garbage bag commercial, considering your lifts are garbage.

>people say this
No

If I wanted a joke I'd just stick a microphone up your mom's vagina since the last thing that came out was a joke.

Saying "don't be retarded and try to use your arms to deadlift" isn't saying the same thing as "don't wear your seat belt, just be careful"
One is legit fuckin preventative advice, one is cocky jackassery.

Are you enjoying your driving learner permit? Are you looking at colleges yet?

>fitness advice is never informed by cocky jackassery
>accidents don't happen in the gym
Fucking please. Take your head out of your ass, will you?

Do you feel more like a bigboy now that you can handle pull-ups rather than regular diapers? Making a lot of friends in Pre-K?

My son is :^)

Remember to thank your grandma next time she sends you a birthday check, faggot.

Your wife's son doesn't shit himself anymore? Congratulations dyel. Hey how is your Pokemon go collection going? Your grandma sent me a check because she paid me to fuck her lil bish.

What's the matter? Cat got your tongue?

I just began doing heavier DLs but I'm struggling a lot with my grip strength. I'm still with a really low weight, but the bar slips with normal grip.
Is it okay to use mixed grip while I do farmer's walk at the end of each workout? At least until I get better grip strength.

Seriously? Mixed grip is perfectly safe as long as you aren't flexing your bicep in some half curl half deadlift monstrosity. Tell me you're supposed to deadlift using biceps. Please. Then tell me who's talking out of their ass.

Just tie your dick to the bar. Best grip with no cons.

You have to go back newbitch.

Nothing, he's just a memeing idiot. I like to swap things I do around on a regular basis so they don't get stale

I noticed the imbalance on one side of my lats immediately and the bicep tear scare is real. Many top lifters never mix grip outside of competition. I wouldn't train that way ever.

>mixed grip is perfectly is perfectly safe as long as your form is 100% perfect 100% of the time and you never slip up for even a fraction of a second

Ayyyy lmao you really told me. Now I have to reassess every idea I have about fitness. Really made me think.

You are a retard. Almost any sumo lifter that lifts big weights can pull close to that on conventionals.

Who decided that your imbalance was caused by mixed grip deadlifts??

>accuses OP of not caring about being strong
>suggests that lifting more than 400lubs consistently is crazy
who... are you?

i don't have any i can literally feel the corresponding lat activating harder than the other in mixed grip and only in mixed grip otherwise it's all even steven

There is literally not a single problem pulling with the same mixed grip at all times.

Just ask Pete Rubish.

Cat got your tongue. Get fucked bitch.