Who here stage 2?

Who here stage 2?

I'm scared

Step up pussy, it's all mental.

How much did you drink?
I used to have 2 bottles of wine a night at uni and I never became an alchy. It's actually pretty hard to do.

High blood pressure, fever, seizures

>it's all mental

Peaked at 20 units a night beginning of this year. Down to 7/8 now. Haven't had a sober day in near 2 years.

I binge drink once a week. By binge drink I mean I consume about 700-1000 calories of straight vodka. Luckily I haven't hit physical dependency. Don't think I will.
The idea of drinking a few beers a night seems fucking retarded and pointless.

elliot?

nope

I probably need to be under doctor supervision if I want to quit at this point. pint of vodka or more per night for several years, last attempt went very poorly.

> fucking retarded and pointless

That's what we refer to as a transferred epithet.

YOU MUST PAY YOUR DUES TO BACCUS user.

that is why people literally die from alcohol withdrawals

>pint of vodka or more per night for several years
I am Russian, and even so I think you would be dead if that were true. If pint means what I think it means (0.5L).

Sober since Sunday. Still feel like I'm in Stage 1 though

>being addicted to literal poison
nothing against the occasional beer or whiskey, but if you get addicted you should kys

I dont get so many alcoholics here in Veeky Forums.

Do you guys even lift? Are you able to get gains even though you consume a high amount of alcohol?

Or are you just here looking for motivation from other anons? Are you the guys which tell everybody their lifts are shit and that they look like shit?

>drinking alcohol ever

Not gonna make it

Who here can't fucking sleep Sunday night after a weekend of drinking?

That + Sunday scaries = pure hell.

There is no beating an alcohol addiction cold turkey. Just tone it down slowly and try to beat it over the course of a a year or two.

Alcohol acts as a GABA (neurotransmitter most present in the spinal cord) receptor antagonist. That means it blocks GABA from doing its job kf transmitting signals. GABA's main function is transmitting muscle coordination, movements, and control impulses. This is why being drunk fucks with your ability to coordinate (paired with its well-known fucking with the cochlea).

People addicted to alcohol's GABA receptors have been antagonized so frequently that their body actually makes more GABA to try to overcome the fact that it's not doing what it needs to. When an alcoholic suddenly stops drinking, once the alcohol is out of his system, suddenly ALL OF THAT EXCESS GABA can work. This is why severe alcohol withdrawals cause seizures and hallucinations.

Worst case scenario, you die. Better case scenario, you have a seizure going down stairs and die. Better case scenario, you have hallucinate and run down the street naked, have a seizure, get in a fist fight with the EMT, and wake up in the hospital.

Alcohol withdrawals are no fucking joke. If you are an alcoholic, DO NOT stop cold Turkey. IT COULD BE FATAL. You need to facilitate with a doctor to safely taper off.

I have 2-3 beers every day just to unwind after work while doing something sedentary. It's the easiest and cheapest way to consume calories I'm really not getting elsewhere.

It's not ideal and I'd probably be getting better success if I cut it out completely but I quit for 5 days and it was too boring.

>tfw alcohol addiction is taken very seriously but benzo addiction is scoffed at
>literally released from the hospital after benzo wd seizure 3 days later with nothing but a good luck

Benzos and alcohol literally kill you from withdraw if you don't taper off your doses.

When I was 19, I barred out at like 12pm and was apparently driving at 12 am when I was arrested with a trunk full of sheets of lsd that I, to this day, have no idea why or how I possessed. I have 2 years sober now from all substances (minus caffeine) and more than enough motivation to avoid that shit for the rest of my life. My only addiction now is the iron.

When did you start to feel "normal"? Im 1 year and 3 months sober from benzo addiction and still feel like shit most everyday

here. Went to the store, returned home without buying anything. Feel proud, but also like shit, because I keep thinking that I could be drinking right now and how much worse I might feel if I don't get anything soon. Another thing is that I only ever socialize on the weekends and the only people I hang out with are basically my booze buddies. Obviously planning on staying at home tonight, but it's just so depressing.

High blood pressure, anxiety, paranoia, and insomnia. Thankfully I stopped drinking as heavily. But it's only been two weeks.

24 hours sober now,
I get way more anxious if I know I have nothing but I've got a case of beers quarter mile away in the barn in case it gets too scary, but i'm feelin alright.

Got a few beers on standby at all times

I'd talk to a doctor, I detoxed a moderate daily habit 3-6 drinks a night (10-12 friday and saturday) for 2 years and I felt like shit for 21 days, tired, head ache, hungry.

I was dry for 30 days and after that drinking hasn't been the same for me, I had a couple drinks here or there over the past few years and the past 8 months I've been entirely sober. It took me about 6 months to become comfortable with the feelings of sobriety. There's no escaping reality anymore, I feel great now though, making gains in all areas of life, never hungover, not blowing money on "the party" etc etc 10/10 would recommend sobriety.

It get's better.

Tfw recently decided to give up alcohol

I'm getting too old, hangovers last forever and feel worse and stops my gym attendance. Not worth it anymore.

Not drinking is an absolute trip, especially if you were in it before. Seeing how society revolves around it, how much money gets spent on it, how much identity if taken from it. Being away from it and partaking more in other life activities is a blessing in the true sense of the word, very enlightening.

Yeah I read it's way more difficult to drink like normal people than it is to be sober for an ex alcoholic

seizures sure are mental, in a way

My main job is maintenance for a pub in town, they took a pub that was making £40 a week to 10k. It's mental.

My Dad just finished stage 3, the seizure are real please be safe my bros

I don't consider myself an alcoholic, although I've been to AA meetings and worked all the steps, I've been able to moderate no problem, I just don't really like the feeling alcohol produces for me anymore (loopy, dehydrated, can't sleep as well).

But yes, from what I've learned if you're a full blown alcoholic, then it's only a matter of time before you fall into your old ways of drinking (usually about a month). It's really serious shit.

>>pint of vodka or more per night for several years
>I am Russian, and even so I think you would be dead if that were true. If pint means what I think it means (0.5L).

I drank more than a 750ml of vodka a day for many years, a pint a day is very doable if you develop a tolerance

My mom drinks a pint a day after work...BUT..."There's no way im an alcoholic user"

The delusion is real.

if she's been doing that for a long time she won't be able to stop without massive withdraw

that's what usually wakes people up, they go somewhere or wind up without alcohol for a few days and realize they are up shit creek

same reasons fat people come here, they want to get healthy and don't know how

makes perfect sense to me

What does the curve of this even mean? Am I retarded?

>There is no beating an alcohol addiction cold turkey. Just tone it down slowly and try to beat it over the course of a a year or two.

wat

My girlfriend has severe stage 3. She's dying from it.

>When did you start to feel "normal"? Im 1 year and 3 months sober from benzo addiction and still feel like shit most everyday

holy shit

intensity of the effects

>Literally killing yourself
Hes not a pussy hes just not a fucking idiot.

as in with a genuine alcohol addiction it's not like cigarettes where you get cravings and a strong mental and somewhat physical urge to smoke. If you are an alchy and quit cold turkey you can easily get seizures and straight up die.

My GF is nurse on a ward that gets a lot of alcoholics and druggies and has had people die on her that were alcoholics that decided they wanted to stop drinking and started getting seizures and RIP'd.

What the guy is saying is that you go in it with a plan to reduce your alcohol intake to normal levels gradually or you go on some drugs to control your withdrawl in a hospital but with the second option you are much more likely to relapse. In fact it's almost a certainty, which is pretty sad

Dumbass there is physical withdrawal with alcoholism that can be fatal in the more severe cases.

a year seems like a long time to take

How much fucking alcohol do you have to drink to have this shit happen

depends on your size, for a guy probably about 300-600ml of vodka per day for about 6 months

What kind of pussy can't handle a daily soda can amount of vodka?

someone small

but anyone drinking more than about 400ml per day for months on end is probably going to get some painful withdrawals if he stops cold turkey

also it's unlikely that someone just decides to become an alcoholic one day. People build up tolerance over years and years. At point in uni i was drinking about half a bottle minimum of gin before even going out 3-4 times a week and I'm fucking 5'9" and weighed 65kg so could easily see someone bigger getting through a whole bottle most nights.

those calories aren't doing shit for you...

>a calorie is a calorie

wrong-o

if that was true then all of us would be on that gallon of soda a day bulking diet

Stage 1 erry day

LIGHTWEIGHT BABY

for how long user?

You should be either tapering off or getting benzos to prevent seizing.

After three days without alcohol you should be past the danger.

Going on 5 years now.

I still train 6 times a week and I'm in good shape but being an alcoholic definitely isn't optimal for gains. Kill me.

I've met a lot of alchies who started getting fit as a way to stay away from the bottle.

I think a good chunk of fit that still drinks is slowly working toward the ralization that they need to quit. I applaud them, even if you just quit for a few months.

Be warned, it's lonely being sober. Your gains will relaly take off though.

do you sweat a lot, back when i drank too much i could not lift weights because i felt like i was going to die when i tired

>having anything more than one or two beers a month with m8s down in the local pub

Rick?

haha, back to stage: last drink, boys..

just a bottle of bitter though. nb right. right :(

>Having m8s

So much fucking lightweights in these threads.

If you literally need a shot in the morning so your hands stop shaking and to prevent anxiety attacks then you're not going to fucking die if you cold turkey.

99% of fit does not fall into this category, this thread is literally a faggot echo chamber.

t. i regularly drink a fifth of vodka a day and routinely take 30 day breaks to give my liver a rest. the biggest bitch about it all is that i get agitated and bored the first week off.

Lmao I literally feel stage 2 and I'm just quitting eating over 2.6k calories yeah I've always been active and never like fat cos I played a fucklords lad of sports growing up, but now I'm older I don't play as much it made me fatter. I've always eaten more than I had to do its kind of a mental thing to eat for me. I'm having weird dreams having crappy sleep patterns, along with feeing lethargic. Lmao but all I do is remind myself that it's only food and I just laugh at how bizarre it all seems, so I will eventually fix my diet and make it

Wait I just read through some comments in the thread, fuck I take back everything I said... Some of y'all niggaa have problems real fucking problems. I thought my partying 1-2times a week binge drinking was problematic but fuck you guys are worse. I'm kinda glad I'm quitting the booze for 12 weeks shiiiit

I don't get how someone can get seriously drunk every day. I mean, I'm living in a university dorm in Germany, this equals out to basically everyone having a bottle of beer in their hands at all times, but getting totally smashed is still looked upon quite poorly.

>last drink

it's called tolerance, a true alcoholic might only get "drunk" once or twice a week but has to drink every day to keep away the shakes and dry heaves

didn't drink for 2 weeks, then my gf gets me into peaky blinders.

yeah if you're trying to cut back do not ever watch that show.

Innit, I was kinda scared off by the withdrawal symptoms. 3 units in what'll be 48 hours is still a huge difference for me anyway.

>He drinks so much he gets actual clinical side effects when he quits

You fucking degenerate.

get over yourself st.fucktard

>If you literally need a shot in the morning so your hands stop shaking and to prevent anxiety attacks
how is it even possible to get to this point?
like how can you function enough to afford to buy alcohol at that point?

>how is it even possible to get to this point?
>like how can you function enough to afford to buy alcohol at that point?

millions of people live like this

I would buy vodka at 8am, drink half and half vodka and OJ at 8:30 (half a pint) and be at work by 9 for years

but im a big guy

for you

>Be warned, it's lonely being sober.
You don't have to get piss-ass drunk. Just drink moderately on Fridays if anything. You have the wrong friends if you honestly feel like you need to do more than that.

>You don't have to get piss-ass drunk. Just drink moderately on Fridays if anything. You have the wrong friends if you honestly feel like you need to do more than that.

>I don't know how alcoholism works
>the post

>half a pint
so that's not really a lot. that's probably just psychological dependence and not omg my liver is shutting down. unless you drink more throughout the day.

drinking 150-200ml of vodka before work so your hands don't shake and you can make it to lunch is not psychological

great thread

i have a lot of steam i need to work through, im about 3 drinks in tonight, vodka and wine mixed, i am getting fucked up, i am stressed out as fuck from work ,i need htis drink

>>half a pint
>so that's not really a lot.

not really a lot

before work every day

pick one

you'll be fine. as long as you're not
take the next shot for me, my body's too sore to drink today and i feel like my lymph nodes are hating me right now.

>take the next shot for me, my body's too sore to drink today and i feel like my lymph nodes are hating me right now.