Mon e ro

So... Long story short... Been looking at cryptos for a while now after being recommended by a work colleague... I frequented Veeky Forums years ago but have been away for a few years due to work and missed the entire crypto coin takeoff upto this point.

I'VE JUST INVESTED $10K IN MONERO TODAY!!!

Has the point for me to become a millionaire from this investment become too late or do you guys think there is still potential for Monero to reach the heights of Bitcoin... i.e 6/7/8k????

Other urls found in this thread:

steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@anonymint/is-monero-s-or-all-anonymity-broken
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll.

Why would i be trolling?

Is 10k to small of an investment to become a millionaire now?

It's not an investment. It's a gamble.

You're ready to lose that $10,000... right?

XMR is solid but it has a lot of competition. I would diversify into some OMG and LINK for mid term gains.

How and why would I lose the 10k? if the coin loses value i would only lose part of my investment not the entire 10k

What if the coin becomes worth 0?

I like mentos, but 100x is a bit too ambitious.
I have around 10k in montegro too, but only to support the project, I'm not expecting to get rich with that amount.
Anyway, menoro is undervalued and we'll see $200 soon.

lol youre asking a x100 with coin like monero good luck buddy

But... It wouldnt even have to surpass bitcoin to get there.... just compete with it based on the marketcap?

Dude you're not going to become a millionaire off Monero, it's moonings have happened. You MIGHT make some solid gains but it's not a sure thing. I invested 10k in LINK and 10k in ICX. I'm pretty confident at least one if not both will literally make me a million.

Enjoy your 2x babygains fag.

Dumb Nigger Moonkid thinks he will become a millionaire in XMR. Top kek

Yeah cos 1.4 billion dollars can just "dissapear"

what if the world ends tomorrow?
Can't make decisions based on worst case scenario

They can when the only selling point of monero is privacy. All it would take is one flaw to be discovered, or a new privacy token could be born and make monero obsolete.

Op u should look into pivx it's prolly the best privacy coin right now and is grossly undervalued. Ur looking at a triple roi within a few months easily. Huge update coming out in Monday so it'll pump a bit as well

Did you know monero is part of a new language meant to be understandable by the whole world?

Monero has money and dinero in it, making it understandable for most countries.

But yeah, I'm longing it x5 today because eth has risen and bitcuck is looking dangerous.

Monero is better suited to be a cash replacement than bitcoin morons

For example, if I give you ten dollars, you don't know where I got my ten dollars from. But if I give you 10 bitcoins, you can check where I got my 10 bitcoins from. While if I would send you 10 xmr you can't check where I got them from, thus monero is better suited to become the new cash, than bitcoin.

Billions of dollars appear and disappear in market cap for crypto daily. Nothing's stopping XMR from pulling a DGB / VTC (did you know VTC was 700k SAT @ peak?) / SNT / BTS. A single negative news event could be enough to permanently crush it. Just saying, be cautious with crypto and be ready to lose your money.

Don't buy crypto with a millionare / lambo meme attitude, either. Homeboy will get fleeced.

So...Assuming this is true.. and the general public come to understand this fact... Monero should surpass bitcoin...right?

Yes

Oh sweet summer child...

But there is other competition out there, that might do just as good a job as monero.

But monero is for now the leader in my opinion.

What if something so much better than XMR arrives and renders XMR obsolete in the next 6 months?

I've come to the conclusion you're probably a troll. If you're not ... read a lot more and be cautious with your money... and remember the golden rule: BITCOIN IS KING.

You could ask that question with any coin. The only thing bitcoin has going for itself is that it is the biggest network and the oldest and thus so far the most resilient. And name recognition. But even kings fall eventually.

>Bitcoin is worth thousands of dollars because people believe it's worth billions of dollars
>Monero is worth a couple billion dollars because IDK I CANT THINK OF ANY POSSIBLE REASON!!!!! DUMP NOW!!!!!!!!!!

The only consensus you can get on which crypto is king, is actually who was the first one.

Think about it, there is nothing else that can make people flock to a single coin if not the fact that it was the first. Tech can allways change, marketing, mining control, but you can't change the fact that it was the first.

what makes providing privacy a better coin than bitcoin? Wouldn't a seller rather know that your money is coming from a known source rather than some unknown possibly counterfeit source?

Lol

Firstly, counterfeit isn't possible in crypto.

Now, if you're asking "Wouldn't the seller rather know your money is coming from a reputable source and wasn't used in drug trafficking / money laundering?"

That's a much more complicated question that deserves paragraphs to answer. In short, Monero makes it impossible to see what any one XMR coin has been involved in. This is a very deliberate technical difference between it and bitcoin which sets it apart. We call this "Fungibility" if you want to look into it more.

Of course a public company might come under scrutiny for accepting a 100% fungible coin, but then again, cash is also mostly fungible in a similar sense. Fungibility has lots of upsides, mainly that you don't have to worry about anyone peaking their nose into how much money you have, where it came from, or what you're spending it on. Also, a natural consequence of this fungibility is that each coin is worth exactly as much as the next.

Bitcoin, on the other hand, is deliberately designed with an open ledger of all the transactions availbile to anyone who might want to explore it. This also has its ups and downs, but that would take another couple paragraphs to go into.

Unfortunately this isn't entiely true because of hard forks:

"The 1st coin" is currently BTC, but when BTC splits in two and then two again, it'll become very difficult to know which BTC is the "real" BTC

good points, just adding that monero is more fungible than cash... cash has serial numbers on it that make it trackable

its not clear that monero is truly untraceable, I read an article that its privacy is fundamentally broken

steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@anonymint/is-monero-s-or-all-anonymity-broken

There will only be one named BTC
Look at bch, it's not BTC so it tanked

>What if something so much better than XMR arrives and renders XMR obsolete in the next 6 months?

>BITCOIN IS KING.
oh cringe

Look, I'm not a cryptography expert, but that article has been discussed at lengths by people who are, and having read those discussion, I'm not buying it. It's also a huge red flag that he starts the article denouncing every possible anonymity coin (forward and back?) BESIDES ZCash, which he is doubtless financially incentivized to vouch for.

I invested £21k 4 days ago @ $87.

As soon as monero gets multi-sig I foresee a hansa-like dnm using it as its primary currency. This market will kill all others and monero will pump hard as a result.

We're at about 1/30th the size of the dotcom bubble atm. I'm getting out at 1/10th.

none of the competition comes close to what monero offers