I Just

Killed a brand new Vega 56 by letting it mine overclocked with some settings off the internet.

(I’m not cryptozillionaire yet so this half grand gone kind of hurts. Though I hope I can claim the warranty eventually.)

Post your own mining success stories.

Other urls found in this thread:

nicehash.com/miner/16Lh4NbYtgjw8RseXxr3jogxQLEsz21eVM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i picked up another r9 fury to mine ETC with.
zcash is more profitable but i dont want to run old drivers to make it happen as i use the PC for gaming too.

I buy all my gpus from Amazon. If that shit gets toast they will just send you a new one

>Post your own mining success stories.
I got 0.001 BTC from nicehash a couple of months ago.

Did you flash the bios? If not, RMA it. Assuming you bought it with a credit card you'll likely have an extra extended warranty if the manufacturer or the retailer try to bone you.

Retard you can RMA it. Just don't say that you broke it while mining. Tell them that you were playing some games or were running some benchmarks.

Isn’t it a bit suspicious if I return it right after they sent it to me? It was thinking of waiting a few weeks before I try.

Didn’t flash the BIOS btw, only changed clock settings.

no thats UNSUSPICIOUS if you just return it now ASAP. just say it does not work when you tried it.

eth is more profitable than both of those

Sooner the better

Nope. Email them and say: "I plugged it in, it started working for a few days then took a dump. I need to RMA it."

not according to my whattomine calculations.

You're not supposed to mine overclocked lol (unless you don't pay for electricity). Also make sure to undervolt.

GPU was locked at a relatively low clock, power usage was fine; overclock was on the memory.

Undervolt needs a BIOS flash, right? I’ll look into that another time and start with a cheap card.

It really depends on hardware, settings and difficulty.
On one 580 I make 20 MH for eth but the card is stock settings and I haven't bothered underclocking and over clocking the memory yet. I'm waiting on a bigger psu to add a second 580.
I'm working on a 10 gpu 560 monero farm, that should produce 3000 hash to 5000 hash and only consume about 800 watts at the wall.

>Post your own mining success stories
bought bunch of rx570-580 in may
sold them for the double price in june

oh shit
microsoft confrmed for naziboos

So far about 3 ether and 5 monero. Started end of may

Mined 0.1 XMR and about 500 of some shitcoin which is going nowhere.

I gave up on nicehash. Too slow, don't want my machine sounding like a jet engine 99% of the time.

i have 10 rigs full of 6x 1080 ti's and 22 rigs of 1070s at 6x, never used AMD cards, hoping to get better resale of these NV cards. My electric is pretty high but renting a commercial space isnt profitable enough yet to rent. I just keep them in boxes in a shed I own.. Live in florida so temperature is highly monitored but havent had an issue yet.. first rig in there has been running for over a year now

i bought 4 gtx 1080ti and fucked 2 in a week

got one replaced and almost all the money back from the other. Still a fucking nightmare.

If i had just bought BTC instead of fucking around with GPUs i would be thousands of USD up.

Dont make the same mistake, mining is waste of time and energy. Takes too long for ROI, when you can just put the $ on a shitcoin and 3x in a fucking week

only consider mining if you got shitloads of $ like this dude for buying 10s of GPUs, otherwise just buy BTC trust me

It can be a really huge pain in the ass if you're not sure what you're doing. Definitely a lot better off just buying the coin and hoping for it to grow. But I guess it can be super fun at the same time.

my point was that even if you know what you're doing, optimize to the full the mining, and mine the best $ per watt coin, you still wont make as much as just buying BTC and trading.

I bought them late august. Just buying and holding BTC would've net me more $ in this month and half than mining

Mined 1000 MAGA, sold it as soon as it got into tradesatoshi

im using sniffdog master btw, what do you mine?

I forgot to mention I bought a few of the first batches of L3+ and D3 miners from bitmain, 6 of each.. they've paid for themselves several times over and just sold 2 of each within the last week for more than double what I paid... trying to get rid of them before he difficulty goes too high

$7 worth of eth on my 480

gotta start somewhere right?

$1600/month mining eth plus ~20 gas from staking neo.... Close to $30k a year passive. My investment gains have paid for my 40x1070s. Feels ok.

What settings lol

>40x1070s

oh my god

I don't really do anything halfway. Sadly it's not as profitable as it was. Might liquidate....

Only pic I have... 4x8gpu rigs. 5th wasn't set up yet. You can see the hole where it belongs

Are you living in a tropical jungle or something. Move to mountains where you can warm your cabin with mining rigs. I save money by living in cold climate and warming my home with mining rig.

Naw it's just a hot ass warehouse. Took some trial and error, but I wound up cooling everything with just two exhaust fans

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Currently mining on NiceHash. I was getting 0.0005 per day before the normies caused the spike. Now getting 0.0002 even though I added a second CPU.

I need only 0.0028 more, which will take about a week, but the rate will probably go down further and I'm getting tired of having my computer fans on all day and night. If you want to cheer me on or contribute computing power, nicehash.com/miner/16Lh4NbYtgjw8RseXxr3jogxQLEsz21eVM

why the fuck would you CPU mine? baka

I've got 25k to spend before the end of the year, own industrial space so heat and noise is no biggie. Want to get into mining but never did it. Any of you fags that know what you are doing live in Florida and want to work for me for a week or so to get it rolling?