Thoughts on frozen veggies?

Thoughts on frozen veggies?
I don't have much time on my hands so every day I just throw some frozen broccoli into a Tupperware with water and steam it
Is it any worse than buying actual broccoli?

Healthier than veggies that are sprayed with chemicals and radiation to prolong their life, and they taste just as good.

Don't use plastic container, otherwise you're good mate

frozen vegetables were frozen at their very prime.

compared to the shit you buy at the supermarket thats's days old and degraded.

brotip

>put 500grams of frozen vegies in a baking trash
>put 4 eggs
>200g of mozarella(pref low fat)
>mix

45 minutes in the oven and you're gonna have some sort of super protein high fiber quiche lorraine.

Nice b8

>45 minutes in the oven
Agravation. You can make an omelette in literally minutes. Optional add the cheese on top of it and grill for 5 minutes.

>45 minutes in the oven
>I don't have much time on my hands

literally retarded

ate them like 3-4 times

basically those times I made a salad with them + tuna and mayo
one time I woke up feeling like dying and puked all of the fucking veggies, could see them in the sink

never again, now I stick to fresh ones

I eat around 300 grams of mixed frozen veggies erry day. My problem is that I'm a lazy piece of shit so I usually don't even cook them, I just eat them as they are to save time.

>sprayed with radiation

Kek

>45 mins to cook eggs and cheese

>45 minutes

jesus christ and i thought my life was bad

I steam them in my rice cooker. Anyone have seasoning tips for when you get tired of eating them?

>so I usually don't even cook them

wot the fugg m8

Frozen veggies are flash frozen at their peak freshness. They are superior to fresh in almost every way

It is literally healthier than the "fresh" vegetables that have been picked weeks before they were fully ripe so they could last the trip across the country and end up in your grocery store.

>belted by gamma rays

You know that uncooked vegetables have diminished nutritional value and in many cases are mildly poisonous, right? Plants are living things that have evolved sophisticated defenses to keep animals like you from eating them, and your anchestors invented fire to circumvent those defenses (and make them delicious). Cook your fucking veggies.

MSG

i love them. i blanche them and they taste fresh as fuck.

Rinse them in a colander to defrost before steaming and they come out with better texture

I love frozen veggies, thaw 'em out for a hour or two before you cook and you got what they call in europe a normal fucking meal, friggin amerifats(I am canadian).

Im all for frozen veggies and I do love the mixed bag. But jesus fuck does anyone really like the lima bean in the mix?

A few minutes in the microwave, add some sriracha and nutritional yeast and you're golden

>Don't use plastic container
why is using plastic containers bad?

You dont want gyno do ya m8?

I thought frozen veggies were pre cooked? If I defrost them instead of just microwaving, they are really soft.

They're typically blanched for a matter of seconds before freezing; they're not literally stright-out-of-the-ground raw, but they might as well be.

Found the canadian fag

>Found the canadian fag
>"I am canadian"

How'd you figure it out?

I love that shit bro.

Look at fucking sherlock homo over here guys
:>)))

Garlic powder, black pepper and oregano or rosemary. Tiny bit of salt.

Honestly the only seasonings I ever use so in admittedly biased.

Why does Veeky Forums fear monger so fucking much? I really don't get it.

Because every technology (e.g., plastic containers) has numerous unforseeable unintended consequences (e.g., hormone-unbalancing chemicals that leach into your food), and when you multiply that by our entire industrial-technological society you end up acting like a lunatic trying to keep your bodily fluids pure.

Autism

holy shit. this is my exact same complaint. costco has these ridiculously cheap bags (4-5 pounds for like $4) but they have disgusting lima beans in them. so now i buy 4 pound bags from safeway for $5 or 5 pound bags of bird's eye from walmart for $6.

we selectively breed bad traits like that out you actual autist
go tip your fedora elsewhere

What. Lima beans are amazing

My 'not as shitty as the others' cheat meal is just a giant bowl of lima beans + black eyed peas plus some bouillon as seasoning

no idea if they are as nutritional as fresh veggies, but they sure taste worse