>hellish training
>more running than even /run/fags can imagine
>absolutely brutal weight cutting process
>gloves to protect hands so you can continue to give each other brain damage

Seriously. Insane fucking sport.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/V5q57ZboGw0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

If your body cant take hit from rigorous training that leads to fight how do you expect surviving or winning the fight in the first place

>shit backgrounds

Exactly why. And when you earn your money by putting your body on the line you are going to make sure you work it right and it can take punishment. I remember seeing a quote from Mike Tyson saying the one thing that kept him training so hard was going "my opponent ain't doing this shit".

Here was his regime:

Daily Regimen (7 days a week):

5am: get up and go for a 3 mile jog
6am: come back home shower and go back to bed (great workout for those huge legs of his)
10am wake up: eat oatmeal
12pm: do ring work (10 rounds of sparring)
2pm: have another meal (steak and pasta with fruit juice drink)
3pm: more ring work and 60 mins on the exercise bike (again working those huge legs for endurance)
5pm: 2000 sit-ups; 500-800 dips; 500 press-ups; 500 shrugs with a 30kg barbell and 10 mins of neck exercises
7pm: steak and pasta meal again with fruit juice (orange i think it was)
8pm: another 30 minutes on the exercise bike then watch TV and then go to bed.

Even Memeweather who did nothing but run, nobody could fault his training schedule, except he still ate fast food a couple times a month.

Young Mayweather was a well disciplined monster.

Money Mayweather was the runner. But man that man loves to train.

On some radio interview, I heard some guy explaining his theory about why Jamaicans are currently dominating track and field. He was talking about his experiences in Canada as a young runner where he was peers with some dude who would go on to become a world champion. They were at similar levels of ability and they were training together during a particularly grueling workout when he realized that he just didn't give as much of a shit about running as the other guy. He came from a well-off family and wanted to be an author (which he eventually became) where the other guy came from a poor family and saw track and field as his only way to ever live a good life. The guy who was being interviewed quit track a couple of months later.

The same is true with boxing, other combat sports, and pretty much any other athletic pursuit. How common is the "I came from nothing and this was my only way out" story to "it was a pretty cool hobby so I stuck with it, despite my wealth?" When it comes down to it, the guy who works harder generally wins and the guy who works harder is the guy who believes he has to.

And Mayweather will hit 60 without brain damage.

Whatever you say famm

youtu.be/V5q57ZboGw0

>fruit juice
why would you ever drink that?

Because Mike Tyson can drink what the fuck he wants

Probably a holdover from youth. Fruit drinks & soda are literally the only pleasure a child can get in the ghetto.

this desu desu bromelain

Most boxers enjoy what they do so it's not that difficult.

A majority of the popular boxers today aren't heavy weights so they don't get an ounce of consideration in my book. The UFC took almost all of the good heavy weight boxers

You're stupid famm kek

Dude.......What

nigga u need some milk

>more running than even /run/fags can imagine
Nope. Many /run/fags are into marathons. Most boxers do at most 3 miles every day or 6 miles 3x/week. /run/fags do more than that.

However, the amount of cardio they do is admirable.

rugby players mate

playing as a forward, rugby is a super-tactical car crash played out over 80 minutes. playing as a back rugby is probably one of the agility-intensive sports around and up there on cardio, especially sevens.

weight cutting is worse in MMA and wrestling.

and no,

Muay Thai fighters train harder in agonizing conditions.

No, Competitive fighters are more all around then rugby players I'd take an 80 min rugby game over a 30 min boxing fight. Literally one of the toughest things out there. One false step and you could be knocked TF out or worse.

you're a faggot. why do people have to do this shit every time?

>i like apples
>no oranges are better for x,y,z

like fuck off nigger. boxers are monsters, almost all athletes are monsters. stop trying to argue just for the sake of arguing or your fleeting superiority or whatever the fuck it is you insecure faggot.

I come from the white part of Brooklyn and we also had these.

mayweather doesn't have much of a brain to begin with

Mayweather is alpha AF

Its ALWAYS Joe Rogan

give me a fucking break, you act like their workouts are the most difficult shit in the world. its not.

>whatever it takes.jpg

Yo momma

Yeah but you could also afford milk. Cheap Kool aid-style drinks was all they had.

>Why are boxers such monsters?

drugs and starvation diets

You faggot, you literally just ripped this off from the most recent Rogan podcast with Dan Carlin.

He's all muscle. He's retarded, with muscle.

Kek