Jobs of Veeky Forums

What jobs are Veeky Forums recommended?

At the moment I'm currently in Mechanical Engineering but idk if it's for me and I also have no idea where I'd go if I left this. I basically just want a job that I go to and don't take with me when I go home man. I love the outdoors and reading but I can't see myself actually getting a career from those.

>job

I want to one day have a well-off family, which is not possible when on welfare.

Bump

Here is a topic close to my heart.

I am an automotive engineer (mechanical).

I have never felt fitter than when I was a student cycling 60+miles a week to my warehouse job lifting boxes.

Driving a desk now 15 years into a career as a professional (deskbound) engineer I am having to work extremely hard to maintain a basic fitness level.

I would always choose the professional option as I can afford to feed, house and treat my family (one son, one daughter) to a decent lifestyle. Maintaining a level of fitness is my personal responsibility.

Next spring I graduate with a degree in biotechnology with chemistry and human physiology minors (3.67). Also have 2 years of independent research and a publication hopefully in PLOS One on colony collapse disorder within a month.

I want to go into graduate school and study cancer biology, eventually earn a PhD. Starting apps this weekend.

Neet is all fun and games till you're older.

Can't be an old neet.

Sure you can, they're called pensioners

I work the night shift at a post office. Lifting heavy shit. Then i go to the gym. This has been going on for 8 months. My gains are incredible. I used to be fat lol

On a side note, I debated applying for a kinesiology graduate program, but I don't get excited about the physiology and science of exercise so I chose cancer instead, which has always been intriguing for me.

I plan to just keep fitness as a hobby.

Engineer fags I need help, I'm studying bengtech which is different to normal engineering cos it's engineering technology which focuses more on practical stuff rather than research and theory. I do it in electrical at a crappy polytechnic. Will I even get a job after this? I'm really anxious about my future

I do maintenance(hvac,plumbing,electrical) at a university. 40,000/yr, move all day and get to look at 18-22yr old ass all day. It's not exactly where I want to be but whatever. Not fit by any means but I'm trying to make it.

>I basically just want a job that I go to and don't take with me when I go home
Be prepared to never make any significant amount of money, then.

No job that pays well ends at 5PM.

You will be fine. 70%+ of the UK engineering industry I,e, all recruiters started well before this stupid current trend for everyone having an MEng.

Apply high after you graduate with a can do attitude.

FYI 15 years in, see previous comment re going professional. I only have BEng from a shit poly. Doing well.

pilot here lol, you're going to have a hard time finding a gym to most of the places you go. I stick to calisthenics and run when I can and it doesnt help you sit on your ass most of the day either.

Thanks man I just needed some reassurance as a lost college student cheers

What airline? I'm getting my ppl

What age did you get into maintenance? I'm almost 24, never been much of a handyman, but considering going structural maint in the air force for the skills and free college.
Am I too old to be any good? I'd have a lot to learn - masonry, sheet metal, electrical, carpentey, list goes on.
Or will I just hate my life and wish I went with a cushy IT job instead of trying to be the old alpha roman legionaire/combat engineer (roman soldiers would pave roads back to rome where they conqered. BADASS) model

kenn borek airlines, im on a twin otter

I'm a gym teacher, I make 35k a year with full benefits and i get 3 months off.

Sad part is that if you want to make really good money there basically is no job that doesn't require you to be basically on call for your firm. They're kinda paying for access to you, not just the time you spend in the office. So if you want to be able to leave work behind every day, go work low-wage or a trade.

If you sit around all day in front of a computer wen you're not at the gym, don't go IT. If you like hands on work and visually being able to see a problem and fix it, go maintenance.

I'm 21 and a groundskeeper at an apartment complex but I do maintenance work there too. I'm not qualified to really be maintenance but I have a lot of fun learning to use the tools and fix issues.

Infantryperson

Heavy cardio and calisthenics 5 mornings a week, endurance ruck marches and sprints every week

Gym in the evenings, then load up on chow Hall food

Graduated in Mining Engineering, now a metallurgical EIT. I work 7 hours/day, 5 days/week and make ~60,000/year - not bad for an EIT. The work is rewarding and I live a 7 minute drive away from work (able to drive home for my 45-minute lunch every day).

In general this seems like a decent career path. My mining buddies make 6 figures for working in africa/up north so I'm a little jelly. I'd still recommend this career path though.

I'm a farm hand.

Pay is shit, but you work out every muscle in your body every day doing this and that.

4th year engineering. no connections. no internship. hate talking to fucking people. everyone in engineering especially for my stream is just so fucking full of themselves and it makes me sick. just a bunch of asshole cunts and autists. i dont even wanna be there i fuckin hate eng just have to finish this bull shit. fuck my life

Why no internships/connections and hating engineering?

I found work as an EIT w/o internships, but it was a lot of work - definitely the harder route.