Things newbies say

Things newbies say

>deadlifts will make me big

>abs are made in the kitchen

>tfw too intelligent to lift.

i heard some twink in the uni gym say that heavy lifting makes you fat

My physiotherapist tells me not to deadlift. It's bad for my lower back. Just ask all the strongmen. Surely, therapists don't live in caves, do they?

>If at any point during your workout you experience any pain or discomfort, stop immediately. No pain, no gain is a myth.

It's easy to fuck up your lower back when deadlifting. So, to cover his ass, he tells you not to do it, that way when you go out and slip a disc because you have shitty form he's not liable.

So what are you implying? That deadlifts make you small? You are fucking retarted

Hi welcome to your first day on Veeky Forums and the fitness community/lifting in general. Id like to recommend a 6 week looking program before you commit to posting. Check back in 6 weeks thanks.

Lol. I used to be an oldfag. How long have you been here?

See .

Dude pt's have been known to yell people not to squat past parallel

>I post "Things DYELs do" threads on Veeky Forums

>It's easy to fuck up your lower back when deadlifting

No. No it isn't.

There is countless more exercises where it's easy to fuck yourself up. Bench press, overhead press, tons of other shit

Deadlifts are safe and easy as long as you don't break core logic rules and mechanics

If you look at actual injuries the deadlift produces, it isn't back injuries. It's bicep.

Deadlifts are safe as fuck. I'm surprised people even get injured.

There's like 4 rules you need to follow. If you follow these guidelines, no matter what you do, even fi you don't lift optimal amounts of weight you won't get injured.

>1. Never do a 1 rep max

>2. Keep a neutral spine, at all times. If you can't keep sufficiently neutral(some rounding is fine when you're really pushing yourself with heavy weight) then lower the weight

>3. Do not hitch the weight

>4. that's pretty much it

It's literally that simple. Yes there's a whole bunch of other nuisances that go into it but that's the basic premise which fi you follow you won't be visiting the hospital

Here's a classic:

>Getting ready to cut. What's the best diet to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time?

>"It's all calories in, calories out"

lmao'ing at your life

also, it is imperative that you keep your arms straight.

bent arms on a heavy dl = snap snap

>Chests all day bruh fuck yeah buddy
>how's the women here bruh.
>doing kipping and calling it pullup.

This. Really only applies if you're an ectomorph.

>lifting heavy things make you grow muscle

>go get the belt, I'm about to do weighted dips

Dips fuck my shoulders

Somatypes aren't real. Your genetics aren't making you fat, your habits are.

Yeah my girlfriend goes out with her friends all the time

> tone
> toning
> toned

welcome friend!

>rows are better than pullups

only dyels

>girls don't care about squats lol

Anyone else do trap bar deadlifts?

fags

>lifting is all about hard work and not genetics

thanks for posting that pic. reminded me i need to keep eating if i wanna make it

>I don't give a fuck about legs
>I don't want to get too big

>SS + GOMAD is a meme

>implying you can achieve something with SS

> i wanna cut down, what should i eat?
>just eat less, thats how it works
>yeah but i need a diet to cut down, so what should i do
>no you dont, you just eat less and thats it
>that certainly isnt going to work, seems like you have no idea.

>I don't power clean
>I lift more than three days a week

neutral spine during ab work outs... ya right you fuckin noob

you're a fucking retard. people have slim builds, people have large builds, people have athletic builds. just google bodybuilders with thin shoulders. those are endomorphs. wide shoulders is ectomorphs.

>never do a 1 rep max
confirmed for being a bitch

>i'm doing this routine that I made up in my mind with no fitness knowledge whatsoever and I don't even think about diet

Hi and welcome! I hope you find our community enjoyable. Be sure to check out some of our other discussions from the Veeky Forums catalogĀ® page as well and feel free to contribute! :)

you guys are fun to watch. Taking advice from this board. Most of you sound young.

>retarted

Wart on abs
3/10

>Don't wanna look like a cloud
>Don't wanna look like a Road map
>Don't wanna get too big
>Just trying to tone up
>I just want abs
>I heard squats are bad for your knees
>I heard deadlifts are bad for your spine
>I heard protein is bad for your liver
>This is my new years resolution.
>I just wanna look like her
>I just want to get a flat tummy
>I just want a good bum
>I just want to do cardio, weights will make me look too big

Sometimes I wonder if these people even know what they want

Oh they know what they want! Just like everyone on /fit, they have a certain dream body that they'd love to have.

I specifically said "dream body" instead of "goal body" because they don't want to work for it, they just want to have it instantly.

u forget
>5. brace your fucking core
I could keep a neutral spine without bracing my core, cuz I didn't know how to. But I still fucked my shit up

>never do a 1 rep max

uh how else can you do a routine without knowing your maxes you clown

if you're not a powerlifter and do 1 rep maxes, just kys already

Get better shoulders

Ever hear of leg lifts?

You lay down on your back and then lift your legs and hips to crunch instead of your torso.

See newfriend.

but...this is fairly true?? At least, to visibly see them

It is. Sometimes fat powerlifters will say that they're made in the gym and revealed in the kitchen as a coping mechanism. I never do isolated ab exercises and have a rock solid 6 pack.

How the hell do you bend your arms in deadlift?

They want, for the new year, to have abs and be flat tummied with a good bum and toned like her, but not be too big or cloud or roadmap like, without squatting or deadlifting or eating too much protein by doing cardio.

Is that so hard to understand?

If i use weight i can get pain in my elbow joints.

abs are made in the gym, they're revealed in the kitchen

I know skinny as fuck people with no abs at all, explain that you pricks? "muh compounds" yeah so they're made in the gym, revealed in the kitchen, they're a muscle like anything else

How much specific abs exercise is necessary if you got low bf? Is it enough with compound lifts like deadlift, or do you have to do all kinds of weghted situps?

I hate weighted situps

>dyel PT recommends stupid machines to first timer 18 year old in the gym

Cringe everytime when I see it.

>b-but he is educated

lmfao

Ah so you're the overweight newfriend who he was referring to. How about you lurk more? Thanks.

just do shit like planks and hanging leg raises 2-3x a week, that's all you need to do

but deadlifts and squats also get you a thick core, but that also ruins your vtaper so I go with the first option

So don't do them. I hate sit ups to so I do Dragon flags, hanging leg raises, hanging pikes and side bends instead. I just put one exercise on at the end of every workout and do a few sets

>the only thing you need to do for abs are squats and deadlifts

but I have abs you utter faggot, I wasn't denying that you had to be a low bf to see them you stupid prick, reread my post (revealed in the kitchen you obnoxious newfag)

they are muscles and if you're just skinny that don't work them out you won't see them you stupid fuck

literally kill yourself, you are too fucking stupid to comprehend anything

man don't let stuff like this happen. next time use your superpowers that you got from the internet and let them in on the fact you're the actual expert

Let's work on reading comprehension this week little guy. Also check out the sticky before posting. And it isn't necessary to have a trip/"username" on this site. Especially if you are just parroting other people who actually lift. Don't bother replying you'll be filtered. Bye.

machines are pure cancer though unless disabled. kids should learn to use the barbell and free weights in general.

this is a prime example of a mad newfag :^)

observe friends

>gets called out on his dyel novice advice
>uhh I'm not new, you are! also ur mad!
God damn this is just embarrassing. Keep digging that hole newdyel kek

lel my thoughts exactly.

We're here with the mad rapper... Let's see if we can find out why he's so mad

this thread and everyone in it is cancer

Didn't he post his pics one time in a CBT and was this super short 140 lb white guy with a manbun? Anyone got the pics?

Unless you're competing or running a routine to prepare for a meet, testing your max is pointless egolifting that does nothing.

Since you made this post, I'm assuming you're a novice anyway, in which case max testing is even more pointless.

If you're using alternating grip, your bicep in the supinated arm 'wants' to contract as it's already partially involved thanks to the supination. Therefore very easy for it to bend a little unless you're focused on keeping it straight.

testing your max and seeing your strength gains is what keeps people going, it isnt an ego lift it's just the entire point of lifting heavy in the first place, progression.

>maxing out
>adding a little weight to the bar every workout/every week as befits training advancement

Not the same fucking thing.

its nice to see where you stand once in a while, it also helps you make your next program

>Never do a 1 rep max
Your 1 rep max is the highest weight you can do with correct form (i.e. safely). Why shouldn't you do it?

This fella is right, guys.

Agree with this, skinny DYEL's generally don't have six packs, it's a muscle, it needs work.

Be sure to retract your meme-ula when benching. Wouldn't want you shoulders to get big or anything.

fucking this.
normies reeeeeeeeeeeeee

Talking to painterfag who i see at the gym.

>I dont lift, like I just want to be "toned"
>In my family, once we reach a certain age we just gain weight a lot
>I dont want to get too big

gymbro chats up this 4/10 attention whore who spent 30 minutes of her 40 minute time in gym taking selfies in the mirrors

>Im not trying to get big I just want to get toned
(Theres that buzzword again)
>I just want abs and to get toned
(only does shitty half reps with free weights does no core work at all)

gee i wonder why you look like a slampig.

I thought people didnt use the word "toned" unironically.

Maybe they have hobbies outside of lifting and going to the gym. It's a big world outside of your parent's basement son. Check it out sometime.

what? that's not the point, it's the fact that they're using the word toned unironically and not understanding that you need to hit abs to get abs.

>projecting this hard
>implying I also dont have my own hobbies besides lifting

Funny all these young DYELs who are deadlifting less than 240kg talking about how hard it is to get injured.

>seeing how strong you are is pointless
Wtf are you lifting for then? Why would you want to look hacked and then only lift 1.5 pl8 bench?

Didn't mean to make you angry newfriend. Going to recommend that you complete a 6 week lurking program and reading of the sticky. Do not post further until you have completed the program. This post will self destruct in 5-4-3-2-.

>skelly mode