Cardio

I want a simple device that tells me how far I've run, what should I get?

A girlfriend.

Most phones have this. But if you want more accurate get a used basic Garmin Forerunner 10.

Do it OP.

A track.

I use my fit bit blaze, have to have your phone with you tho.

Google maps

God I fucking want to see some autistic fucker use this.

Kek

Garmin Forerunner 25 is a solid choice

look at a map

if you want a techy gadget
>moto 360 sport
or
>wahoo tickr / tickr x / tickr whatever

Probationary firefighter
>have another probie on shift that is dumb as fuck
>actually smart but just doesn't think about what he says
>argues with training captain on mapping
>county addresses are meters, city are lots on blocks in order
>mapping and addressing course for 4 hours
>still argues when wrong
>gets sent to beginning of county road with distance wheel and told to confirm how far address 13434 county road xyz is.
>see him a few hours later

NEVER BACK TALKS TRAINING CAPTAIN AGAIN.

Kek

I use this Pace Control app

Its simple, doesnt have retarded gizmos like endomondo, and tells you how fast you go

Tfw have to go do squats today but tomorrow is 5k race and my muscles would be super sore

I think ill pass lads

yeah sure let's run around in circles and make it boring.

i just use google earth and use the measurement tool.

This user knows.

Just get a Garmin, they're straight up the best. Maybe a Suunto Ambit Run on sale. But really just a ForeRunner 10, 15, 25, 220, 230 whatever fits your budget.

dcrainmaker.com for deets

I have this exact one and I run with it for almost a year now (Forerunner 220). Really solid. Not a fan of Garmin Connect though (their online stuff).

There are probably some cheaper alternative if you want them. It also won't be good for super long races (up to 9-10hr battery I would say)

I use google maps, and this. Why pay for anything else

to keep real time pace

also to keep spontaneous and able to run different places on a whim mid run and still get accurate updates

yeah stuff that I don't really need. I know my average pace so I can usually calculate just by checking my chrono how far I've gotten, and usually just run until I'm exhausted

it's a toy for richbros, it also plays music to your bluetooth headphone

it's not a need but it's nice to have, just like you don't need gps in your car but it's nice as fuck to have

Apple watch

Although it's far from simple

ma nigga, minimalism is the way to go

>A few hundred bucks
>For richbros
lmaoing @ your lives I live in a second world shithole and that shit like that are widespread even here

spending $300 on a dedicated running GPS watch you don't really need is something only someone who is well off should do, total waste of money if you are making 40k per year

If you don't need it then it obviously is a waste of money, but the data it shows live can be handy as fuck for cycling (don't know but probably the same for running) also uploading it to Strava for the dick measuring contest

top fucking kek

shit i got the same one dude. keeps fucking beeping every hour though

I just bought a FR 10 and it couldn't even find the location of where I was. I saw down with it on at my track waiting for it to find my position. I looked like a fucking loser just sitting down looking at my watch.

How the hell do I get it to find my location? I read I have to sit it down outside and not touch it at all. What the fuck kind of watch is this

walkjogrun.net is pretty user friendly

a life

I use forerunner 15, but I am more a runner than a lifter. If you just run on the side for basic cardio then don't bother, use a route planning website and mark out a 3/5/whatever mile loop

2 deep

many gps devices need to catch "fix" when you use them for first time

fixing can be wait from 2 min to fucking 30 min and moving the device only makes it longer

might be that
try updating firmware if theres such option ?

gotta go to the alarm screen and switch the mode bro, simple as that

A fucking map

I got a garmin vivofit 2 for 80 canabucks recently. It's a step/motion detector, so it will estimate how far you run (it's pretty accurate, I usually run on the treadmill and the results are the same). It also will tell you how you're sleeping, and it beeps after one and two hours of inactivity to tell you to get up and move around.

>device
Nothing. Plan out your route on Google Maps ahead of time.