Why ChainLink will reach 5$

1. Eth and smartcontracts. We all know smartcontracts are revolutoinary, but their use cases are limited. Smartcontracts are awesome, but they are confined within the blockchain and data on the blockchain. In otherwords, right now smartcontracts are "you send 1 eth and I'll send back 1000 McTokens", and this contract is verifiable/trustless/amazing but its stuck within the universe of Ethereum and the data Ethereum understands

2. It is possible to use external data to inform these contracts, but right now that process is centralized. This is a problem. Lets say the external data is a transaction of Dollars for ETH. So you send 300$ to bank account X, and then I send one Eth to your address. Right now you either do that through a third party (CoinBase), OTC (LocalBitcoins) or whatever else centrlized system you want to use.

Knocking out that centralization, where you have to trust someone, is THE key to SmartContracts having a real world use case. But how do you get that information -- the fact that the $300 has been sent -- onto the blockchain using data that the smartcontract understands?

3. Oracles. Right now the answer is "hey we can hire Oracle X to do the translation to represent this bank dollar transaction on the blockchain." The "oracle problem" with this is that you are 100% TRUSTING that oracle to act prudently. That they don't tamper with the data. So we can kill coinbase but now we have to trust the oracle instead of coinbase. This is a HUGE problem for Banks who want to get into blockchain but have to trust a centralized oracle to translate data. This Oracle can be hacked, falsified, defrauded, really all the problems that come with centralization.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2p78kd/the_oracle_problem/
mobius.network/
link.smartcontract.com/whitepaper
binance.com/tradeDetail.html?symbol=LINK_BTC
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

4. ChainLink - this service DECENTRALIZES that translation process of the Oracle. Now, the translation is trustless, and you have a trustless data feed that informs the trustless smart contract.

Multibillion dollar institutions can rely on distributed blockchain technology and know the data that informs their smart contracts is tamperproof.

So Thats what ChainLink does. ChainLink is the first decentralized Oracle that allows anyone to securely provide smart contracts with access to external data, off-chain payments, and really literally any other API you can dream up. Confirmation of delivery of an items (RFID, like Walton), confirmation of a wire being sent or received, interest rates from any central bank, sports scores, product/machine uptime, price of Eth/BTC in real time, weather patterns etc. Right now smart contracts are simple if/then functions where you go and manually do the if so the then comes back. Now with Oracles smartcontracts can automatically confirm or deny if then statements without any human interaction. Transactional automation for agreed upon terms on steroids.

Anyone can now engrain off-chain data directly onto the blockchain in an actually decentralized way and use that data to directly inform trustless smart contracts, and since the Oracle is decentralized you know the data feed is secure and you’re not concerned with tampering on the Oracle’s part. This is like a skeleton key to actualize the data on the blockchain and apply that data to real world use cases.

yassssssss

That delicious dip tho

Is there a working product out

Who are their key competitors

Wts with the wacky price flux

About to unironically buy 100k, thanks for the good jnfo

buying up a lot desu

ETP = Link +neo +civic

BUY METAVERSE dummies

/r/bitcoin 2014
reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2p78kd/the_oracle_problem/

>why DGB will reach $1

>Is there a working product out
Yes, you can use it on their website right now to create working Oracles.

>Who are their key competitors
No one is a direct competitor, yet.

>Wts with the wacky price flux
Whales trying to accumulate more than the ICO cap.

Deluded post LMFAO.

This shit will dump hard.

>No one is a direct competitor, yet.
that is not true unfortunately
mobius.network/

I seriously started painting my toenails pink guys because this is my ritual to not get wojak feels on this coin.
I have 50% of my investment in this

look at the devs behind mobius. its all pajeets hahahahah

also sergey nazarov has patents on everything needed for decentralized oracles. he wins.

$5 would be pretty nice. Unfortunately I only hold like 1k, so it wouldn't be life-changing or anything. That's all the extra money I had to buy when it was at $0.19, I don't want to buy more now that it's up in case it goes back down lol

stay poor pajeet, probably sold eth at $5

I have 100% in it and I feel great.

Trust in the technology behind LINK. Not the current price at exchanges.

yes go all in on link goys, tie all your funds up in this excellent non-scam token

No you're not, i'm trying to dump my bags by selling only 3k at a time and the price keeps dropping, i'll have to sit here for hours selling this shit.

I'm 100% in too, also feel great. This could be a 50x buy, easily.

if doubles i will sell my 2013 escalade and put all in link

kek

doing it not even gonna think about it.

will also upload to youtube

screen capped for the future.

stay tuned everyone

Can't believe I fall for another scam again, well fuck it, this time I will hodl it for months until price drop so fucking low I will throw myself from bridge

Looks like a shitcoin preying on people who missed out on the LINK ico.

What's the time frame though? I don't want to hold this shit for a long time.

could be a couple years brah.

Ahahahaha

Seriously tho, you won't regret it.

Would you say the same about ETH or Bitcoin?

I genuinely think LINK will be at least in the same league as those 2.

but oracles only fetch data?

Maybe i should paint them green

LINK is not an oracle. It LINKS oracles with external data.

If you don't understand what that means or how big that is just sell your LINK.

Yes, because there will be so much crazy for a token that works on the Fucking backend of the system with really no use case other than validating transactions.

The coin is on the BACK Fucking END no one will give 2 shits about this after all the hype is gone.

It's an amazing g product, but at the end of the day it's a back-end coin that will have almost no use to the everyday person.

So just like 10 billion dollar Ripple?

You do realize that the coin is what will allow it to be decentralized, right?

Go shit in the street pajeet. Im sure there are plenty of call centers with working toilets if youre looking for a better life.

I keep seeing these words. Oracles etc.
I thought of getting in AF 9k. Glad I didnt. I want to now.
ELI5 all LINK features. Thx

I bought last night bros, should I have waited for it to go cheaper?

I'm not even kidding right now and I'm not fuding or shitposting or whatever but:
I get that LINk is the only one so far that really tries doing what it is doing but can somebody explain what this is excatly?

What is the oracle problem? How is LINK involved in this?

Doesn't matter how much you buy in at when it's hovering at its current price cause in 1 years time it will hit $50

yes I do know that. but still smart contracts don't have to use oracles, they could just tag the data they are working with so it you could verify the source. why pay extra for an oracle when you could just tag your data or build your own oracle?

Let me explain to you what's happening

Bitcoin: Way to have payments that validate themselves without third party HUGE BREAKTHROUGH

ETH: Way to have contracts auto-executed and validated by itself without third party HUGE BREAKTHROUGH

LINK: Way to have contracts about ALL physical non-crypto products including money/materials be auto executed through contracts that validate itself. HUGE BREAKTHROUGH.

How can people not realize how big this is. Is the average Veeky Forumstard really so stupid that he doesn't even know the basic background of the biggest 2 coins and compare it to potential newcomers?

Please stop looking at graphs and fucking read about the coins themselves and how they work, and what value they create for a moment FFS.

Tell me you don't think ripple is the exact same thing as LINK...

You must be autistic. I'm sorry.

I want to believe...

But I'd be happy for it to go to $1 to be honest.

>mfw i have 500 Link
>This would makeme fucking 25000 bucks

Jesus christ i would probably start crying

>tfw fell for all the Veeky Forums shilling and probably gonna lose half my money by next year

get more fucking link bro. I'm shooting for 10k before its too late.

all about this ORACLE you know.. huge breakthrough and...

buy all the LINK you can get and just sell it after the conference. dont HODL or you will lose all your money

You can compensate your loss with some sweety LINKs

Bullshit. This will be 3$ before the end of the year.

Anyone selling now is falling for the whale shakeout pre-SIBOS. Holders will be rewarded. Believe.

This.

I liertally cant.
I have 170 Euros on my bank account and i need these to live the next 2 1/2 weeks off.
Thats the problem i'm selling everything i can on Ebay, videogames parfuemes even things i bought cheap on a flee amrket for few dollars because i knew they would give me a profit of 6-12 dollars.

Fuck you all

I've been here long enough to know this. The biz cycle is pretty predictable: coin gets shilled, partial adoption follows, coin goes up, mass shilling and mass adoption follow and then, coin goes up another 10% and boom, ready to collapse.
Digibyte was exactly like thar, ChainLink is DGB's baby.

Vitalik said it was overvaluated. The creator of ethereum put a sword on the coin's head and you think it can still go up? This guy is not some Jamie Dimon who knows fuck what about crypto, so perhaps you should listen to him.

This coin gets shilled 24/7 on this board, which is useless because people already know the existence of it. So why do people do that? Despair. People are desperate because Link clearly is out of fuel, so they shill it to collectively think "hey, look how many we are, we are obviously mooning", which is a major red flag for any investor.
Be smart, know when to get out and mainly know when not to get in. Don't waste your money on something that already went 3x ICO price and is forming the bearish heand and shoulders pattern.

Put your money on a strong altcoin that will survive the btc appocalypse, some coin that is on a low spot that can easily go up 80% the following months, like Ark, Decred, Litecoin.

Don't be a link marine, listen to Vitalik, me and reason.
I've been here long enough to know this. The biz cycle is pretty predictable: coin gets shilled, partial adoption follows, coin goes up, mass shilling and mass adoption follow and then, coin goes up another 10% and boom, ready to collapse.
Digibyte was exactly like thar, ChainLink is DGB's baby.

Vitalik said it was overvaluated. The creator of ethereum put a sword on the coin's head and you think it can still go up? This guy is not some Jamie Dimon who knows fuck what about crypto, so perhaps you should listen to him.

This coin gets shilled 24/7 on this board, which is useless because people already know the existence of it. So why do people

Bro..

Let me explain it to you to like the brainlet you are.

1. The IDEA/product is an amazing thing.

2. When you invest in the coin you are not investing in the company.
The coin will be a validator.

3. If you could invest into the COMPANY then we would have a different conversation.

This coin will have very little value after the hype train. Please fucking screen cap this.

You phaggots are too blinded by 'muh Fucking gains and muh moon' to actually realise that this is a strictly back-end coin that will have no value to the outside world.

The company will have true value but the coin that you phaggots circle jerk to will not.

How else can I explain it to you brainlets?

Don't be sad only because you missed the ICO. It will at least double with the conference. There's no need to FUD.

You’re fucking retarded. Antshares crashed just before its so called conference and that’s the way it works. LINK WILL NOT DOUBLE IT WILL CRASH

>If a shitcoin crashes before its conference, every coin must do the same

>LINK will go below ICO
>LINK will crash on binance
>LINK will crash after SIBOS

>events that happen in the past can be used to predict future outcomes with 100% certainty

yeah probably down to .27

The post conference crash is already priced in, lol
Get in before it pumps to 5$

Screencap it. I wanna see if that car turns into a Lambo or a pair of kneepads

You are ridiculous mister. You are basically saying that all of the value cryptos has now shouldn't be there.

There are A LOT of tokens that had huge gains and are not used in a system that make them valuable.

Cryptos work that way. If you don't think so, then stay poor with that backwards way of thinking.

Where to buy chainlink?

>When you invest in the coin you are not investing in the company.
>The coin will be a validator.

and yet there are complete shitcoins that have a higher market cap than chainlink....also, if you did some actual research you'd know the link token is essential to the network.

And that is also why I am all in.

There's something important which I haven't heard people really talk about:

Where do the LINK coins even fit into this?

Sergey hasn't talked about them at all, only that it's a kind of intermediary technology which will revolutionize cryptocurrency transactions. He seems smart and may have invented the next big thing but what is going to make LINK coins spring up in value at all?

try reading the white paper, bozo

binance

Why do bitcoin blocks give a coin reward to the miners? Incentive. This is essential in order to have a decentralized network. ChainLink node operators get paid in LINK

Link me the white paper? I'm willing to learn.

I literally lost half my stack trying to daytrade this piece of shit.

Considering just selling the rest and putting it behind me. Fuck.

>Link me the white paper? I'm willing to learn.

That's what I did with ETH at $6

Stay strong bro, we're all gonna make it

google.com

>I shot myself in the foot so now I may as well blow my whole leg off

>people citing vit for finance advice
he's a cryptogeek, he doesn't necessarily know business value of the problems it solves.
he said ETH was overvalued too didn't he?

dont fucking sell your LINK retards

Literally how? Are you even looking at the indicators?

Haha this is great.

Dead coin

>mfw made 130 LINK trading so far

Why daytrade something with all the holistic indications of a technological windfall? There's more to finance than just candlesticks, user.

weak ark shill and shit copypasta. 1/10

To get more of it.
I'm selling most of the peaks and buying back within a couple of hours. ONLY when stochastic is overbought. Haven't lost any LINK yet. Also I'm only using half of my total LINK to do this.

How do I use the stochastic indicators to know what it is overbought?

Is there a guide to this?

OP is crazy.

LINK will be back around 25 cents after the SIBOS presentation ends in disappointment

you need to read about indicators on investopedia. I suggest you look at bollinger bands, MACD, RSI, StochRSI, and EMA. Then the next step is learning that they don't work half the time.

Turn on StochRSI on the 1hr chart on binance pro view.
Also Bollingers are useful too.

binance.com/tradeDetail.html?symbol=LINK_BTC

Basically when StochRSI is over 80, it's overbought.
Under 20, oversold.

Yeah no.
Nice try faggot

I know you think I'm trolling, but sadly I'm serious.

When you lose money soon, don't think an user wasn't trying to save you

Now I'm thinking about doing this with my 2014 Porsche.

Maybe we team up?

[email protected]

This post is prepostorous, LINK is LOVE, LINK IS LIFE. HODL FOR AS LONG AS YOU CAN IF YOU WANT TO RIDE THE SHIP

Everyone here knows about chain link
So many people already post the same info
What does op have to gain by spamming this copy pasta?

>>>/reddit/