/QTDDTOT/

Questions that don't deserve their own thread

Previous BIG GUYS, BIG QUESTIONS EDITION

Other urls found in this thread:

labdoor.com/rankings/protein
youtu.be/JrVVies7WKs
bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/
fitness.com/tools/greek_proportions/
youtube.com/watch?v=_drttm5r66A
youtu.be/bs_Ej32IYgo
barbellmedicine.com/potpourri/584/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Doing greyskull for half a year
>arms are still exact same size
How do I BIG arms?

Starting strength

> doing gayskull

How do I unlock Sam Hyde mode
>half a year
Literally don't worry about it, you're not even at beginner level yet.

The program also doesn't seem to involve any direct arm work so maybe that's somewhere to start, remember that the long head of the tricep is most of your arm.

But seriously, don't even think about it until you've got at least two years on your back.

What's wrong with it?

Alright man guess I am expecting progress a bit quick.

I started lifting a couple of months ago and now after every set I do the muscles on my outer wrist hurt. Why is this happening to me and how do I fix it?

I did grayskull for a month with NOGAINS now I'm on SS with 60lbs added to my squat and 100 on my deadlift

You're either cocking your wrists back or twisting your wrists too much on exercises.

What you need to do is figure out proper bar placement (there's plenty of material) and focus on keeping your forearms tight during all exercises.

Is it better to cut based on weight or time?
I was originally planning on cutting at 180 pounds or next spring, whatever came first. The thing is, already at 160 because noob gainz.

Protien powder, what is the best, what is the cheapest, and what is the best middle ground.

I don't want to spend a fuck ton of money on something that is only marginally better than something that's cheaper than shit, but I also want something that doesn't taste like ass.

Anybody got a link for a safe apk of the unlocked SL 5x5 app? I've never pirated an app before. Sounded easy enough but I'm not sure where to get the apk itself. Googling reminded me of trying to find roms.

Cut based on what you see in the mirror, but don't be afraid to get a bit chubby.

In my opinion you're too small at either of those weights to cut unless you're a turbomanlet.
That kind of depends on where you are buddy.

Personally, I wouldn't bother buying the most expensive designer brand snake oil crap, all of it works anyway. Just get the cheapest biggest tub you can find of whatever you can stomach.

My dining hall has a milk dispenser. If I'm a hungry skelly should I drink the whole milk or 1% choco milk?

Just started exercise.

6'1"
158 pounds (average over last 2 weeks, started 166)

I want to get rid of my gut first because I have no fat anywhere else and am just a hungry hungry skeleton otherwise. I plan to continue getting swole after that.

Should I eat 3k calories a day? Less to cut fat before more to gain muscle? More to just go straight into gaining muscle?

bulk.
Whole milk I believe, more calories from fat is preferable to sugar.

It is however a negligible amount of calories, I suggest changing other parts of your diet.

Good because I'm fucking hungry like all the time.

Definitely whole.

Don't worry too much about the gut for now, your overall BF% is low. Bulk first at a moderate caloric surplus (~300 calories) and in the meantime you can also do stomach vacuums, which will make your stomach appear smaller, although the fat won't just disappear.

I'm making good strength gains on greyskull, the reason I picked it over SS is that squatting and deadlift ing at the same time didn't work well for me.

>stomach vacuums

Does that shit actually work? I'm mostly just working on lowering my BF% and gaining usable strength. Job is physically demanding.

>the reason I picked it over SS is that squatting and deadlift ing at the same time didn't work well for me.
That's because you're a beginner and don't have any work capacity whatsoever, this is quickly gained however, just push through it.

t. intermediate powerlifter, squat, bench and deadlift every session 5 times a week

Yeah it actually works, although results vary depending on how relaxed your abs usually are. People with lordosis look like they have large stomachs even if they aren't fat because of this. Stomach vacuums and other posture exercises are used to fix the problem. Don't think of it as an ab exercise as much as something you do to maintain good posture.

You probably don't actually have all that much gut and just have poor posture. Stomach vacuums are a way to strengthen your abdominals, but really any core work works.

I wholeheartedly recommend doing some form of ab isolation though, if only for posture.

So does Herr Wolf by the way.

labdoor.com/rankings/protein

Just spend the $10. I'd do it again at three times the price.

Read the sticky.

I've been eating 1200 calories / day for the past two weeks and I'm not hungry. Is that normal?

Literal fitness expert here will be answering question for free for about an hour or so so if you have any just reply to thid post pic kinda related

I mean, you're not tempted to eat more so that's good. Bodies adjust to diet and stuff as to not overly stress everything.

Either that or you're not measuring right, but only you know the answer to that.

I took a month break in lifting. I left off with Lyle McDonald's upper/lower split, which I had been doing for a few months so I was hitting some decent numbers for a hypertrophy routine. I want to pick up lifting again with a strength routine. Should I do a novice strength routine like SS or intermediate like TM?

So I'm a recovering fatty and have been going to the gym five days a week for two weeks now. Outside of being sore and tight the biggest issue I'm having is making the necessary protein amounts via protein shakes.

I'm 6'3 and weight 260 lbs and I just can't take 3 protein shakes a day on top of the food I'm eating and the 8-12 glasses of water a day. How much am I fucking up if I don't meet 260 grams of protein?

opinions on
>Buff Dudes?

you base the amount of protein intake per pound of LEAN bod mass.... hitting your protein macros is so fucking easy even without proton shakes holy shit

Form check 5x 200lbs youtu.be/JrVVies7WKs

My gym doesn't have the plates for power cleans. Plus, I haven't been taught to do them properly.

Is there something I can substitute power cleans in SS

You are a novice until you stop progressing linearly, so try a novice program, but a month shouldn't cost you too many gains. Try a 20% deload from where you were at and see how that feels.

how do I calculate lean body mass?

Like em.

New to fit here.
When you guys say you lift 2pl8 etc that's 2 on each side of the bar and do you count the bar's weight or not ?

bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/

Looked OK to me.

Two plate means two 45 pound plates on each side plus the bar. So that's 225 pounds

Should the 1 g of protein for every body weight lb rule really be followed if you're trying to lose weight? Is it okay to run on off days in between SS workouts? Any motivational tips or advice that longer term Veeky Forumsizens have acquired that they'd like to share ?

Sweet, cheers

Do you weigh 140 lbs and never exercise or something?

What do you guys think of pot barley? I'm trying to eat healthier and get some more fibre since I'm pretty shitty (pun sorta intended) at eating veggies and anything else with fibre in it. Is it something that I could have, say, half a cup (size before cooking it) worth of it pretty much every day?

what the fuck according to this

fitness.com/tools/greek_proportions/

with a 6 inch wrist I should have a 27 inch waist

I just cut down to 30.5 and struggling to make 30, is a 27 inch waist even possible for an adult male?

The way I usually figure it is estimate how much you would weigh if you weren't fat. Depending on how fat you are, you'd probably be fine with something like 170-200 grams.

Also remember to do stretches regularly(don't do it before lifting though). It helps with your lifts and makes your body feel so much better in general.

Not really. Some people substitute bent over rows, but it's really not the same. My gym doesn't have bumper plates either, all you have to do is not drop the weight when you're done.

Also I learned power cleans on my own just reading SS, as I'm sure most anons did. It's really not that complicated, especially if you already understand deadlifts.

youtube.com/watch?v=_drttm5r66A

is there a good source for form videos/information? For example I'm trying to learn how to do squats. But in all the videos they just do it, without explaining the details of foot placement or breathing or pacing.

There are dozens. Hard to believe you actually looked, honestly.

The one that taught me the most:
youtu.be/bs_Ej32IYgo

Well your hip size isn't guaranteed to be proportionate with your wrist size. Seems like you have small wrists but medium sized hips. A 27 inch waist is very small for a man, I would only expect guys with small hips to have measurements like that.

Also it looks like that's refering to ideals. You don't necessarily have an ideal skeleton.

I've been having troubles with my lumbar spine for a while now, it's completely stopped me from lifting. I went to the chiropracter who's told me my lumbar spine is not sufficiently curved. What's the name of this condition so I can look up stretches to rectify the issue? Pic related: me

Should I take creatine before or after a workout? Does it even matter when I take it?

6'0 and 170 lbs. I never exercise. Right now I'm skinnyfat. Should I be worried?

Alright, Veeky Forums

I went to get my teeth cleaned after a few years of not going to the dentist but I had some immediate red flags.

>Dentist says I have 6 cavities that need drilling
>the cleaning itself was very very short
>The nurse came in and said I had a lot of build up so they would be charging me extra for a deep cleaning
>When I asked if those cavities needed drilling, he said yes, but they're so small they probably wouldn't need to numb me

That last part was a HUGE red flag for me.

This was a few months ago. No tooth ache, no nothing has happened since then.

Should I just switch dentists? I want to get braces on my bottom teeth. I feel like this guy was trying to milk me since I haven't been there in so long.

>That last part was a HUGE red flag for me.
That actually was the best thing they said. Do you know how teeth work? The longer you wait, the deeper the decay is going in your teeth, closer to the nerve and the greater the chance you'll need lidocaine. Feel free to see another dentist, but don't switch because he suggested you won't need anesthetic, which is not only something they can bill more for, but it will increase your time there and prevent you from being able to eat for hours afterwards.

I need help friends. I got around 900 cals to fill my diet. I need 35g of protein, 20g of fat and 10g of fiber, can go over but can't really go under. Any ideas? Also preferably no meat, since my diet is already full of it.

Since then I've looked it up and apparently dentists do try to nickle and dime you like that

They'll give you a wide array of answers and many will drill nothing at all. It's not exactly a secret.

why would you need anesthetic for cavities?

I think you're being paranoid.

two scoops of protein powder, milk, a bowl of cereal?

and then a candy bar idk

already have all of that (minus the cereal) in my diet, don't want to overdo on 1 type of food. Any more ideas?

>paranoid
nah, senpai

There's been a few news specials on it. They get a person who has completely fine teeth and go around getting consultations and they get recommended everything from fillings, root canals, and complete mouth reconstruction

what should I do after SL5x5?

That depends on your goals and situation.

I read the wiki multiple times and I am very confused. I am skinny fat with 19% BF (Dexa) I am 5'4 (yes, I know) at 140lb. I am starting greyskull but I really not sure if I should cut and lean down first to a 14-15% BF then bulk up, because I read it's easier to bulk after a cut. Or just bulk up. My goal is aesthetic with muscle mass. Since I am in the middle ground, not sure if I should bulk at the risk of getting more skinny fat or cut.

Your answer is truly appreciated.

If the reason you're getting into fitness is to fit into your old clothes, lose weight, etc essentially vanity reasons cut first to achieve your original goal. If you're here to get strong bulk first.

I read a study showing strong results from doing one high-rep set until exhaustion, followed by normal low-rep sets. I wanted to read it again and remember the details. Can anyone help me find it?

I'm feeling some slight tightness in my chest and have a bit of a cough.
Would it be best to rest and begin training next week instead of potentially aggravating my illness, however minor it is?

Had anyone done Lyle's Generic Bulking Routine?

What did you think about it?

My weight loss has stopped despite eating at a deficit and I don't know what to do. Would a couple of days of eating at maintenance be a good idea.

>5'9, 175 lbs, 20% bf
Should I cut a little? I don't really care about aesthetics, I just want to get stronger.
I'm bulking right now (up from 155), but honestly I feel kinda sick after eating the amount of shit I'm eating, and after losing some fat I wouldn't have to eat as much to get that 500 kcal surplus.
What do?

Guys, I need your help. I read the sticky and looked it up on other sites already.
I want to build muscles and burn fat simultaniously. Scooby made a good blog about this and I calculated my calory intake.
I still struggle with figuring out the nutrition though. There is a pretty clear instruction on how much protein I should take in (1g/lb bodyweigt), but I don't know how much carbs I should eat.
As far as I know you need carbs to build muscle but should eat less carbs if you want to burn fat.

So how much carbs, and what meals would you recommend, if I want to burn fat and gain muscle?
I'm 20; 1,80m; and work out 3-4 times a week - weight training with 15-20 mins of cardio after each session.

Thanks for any good advice

forgot my weight: 85kg - 187,4 lbs

How can I modify SL to make it more about aesthetics?

If you're still making strength gains I would honestly keep bulking, however once you hit that 180-185 region keep bulking just do it slower and once you hit 200-210 do a 3-4 month cut and get back on the bulking wagon.
Fat is easy as fuck to lose especially if you're a retarded fatty. Gains however for a natty are hard as fuck to come by.

Specifically burn fat? Keto
Gain muscle? Paleo
Both at an increased rate? No option.

You're new at this as far as I can tell. You're going to make baby gains right off the kick so do keto for a few months, get to the peak on your baby gains and then switch. You'll see fast loss.

Google 'keto calculator' and punch in 20g of carbs for whatever caloric count you have on your cuts. And enjoy your meem diet.

best exercises for glute activation that aren't squats/deads?

Build out your strength foundation and then switch to greyskull LP. It's a little of both.

barbellmedicine.com/potpourri/584/ for Macros.

For a 5'10 guy being 187 isn't that heavy to be honest or big at all, get to 210 and then cut down. Don't miss out on that inital novice gains period and 6 months of gains will make you ready to cut and have some muscle for summer.

Weighted walking lunges, farmer's walks, barbell hip thrusts. May be able to round it off with kettlebell bullshit. The swing between the knees, clench your ass, hip thrust shit and work more areas too.

I do 160lb DB f walks every night man... that shit don't help my glutes at all. I'll start doin the lunges tho.

nigga you need to meet it half way and activate your glutes yourself too. Clench that shit and engage your SHIT

Why would farmer walks help glutes? Thought they were for grip and forearm then again I don't do this muscle targeting shit

thanks for the link

I know that isn't very fat, it's just that my fat deposits are very unfortunate. I mainly have fat on my butt and legs, which doesn't look very good at all and also I'm having trouble finding good jeans and pants to wear. So I wanted to try something else than the classic bulk and cut.
But if I don't find a good alternative I'll probably just bulk and cut.

It takes glutes of steel to deal with heavy carries. Yoke, farmers, frame carries etc all rough up your arse as much as they do your abs, obliques, etc.

Emphasis on the heavy though, which can be kind of a problem. You need a lot of weight for relatively short distances (like 25m or less) for that to really be effective.

The Press™ is my best lift, being almost intermediate.
But my dips are lagging and bench is really slow and bad.
My assistance work (gslp) is
>incline db and shrugs/facepulls on bench day
>Dips and lateral raises on ohp day
Should I add tricep one arm pushdowns instead of (or just adding them) lat raises?

After watching some kai greene vids i'm wondering if i should do 20 reps instead of 10 with lighter weight and focus on the muscle
How bad of an idea is that ?

What dressings can I add to cottage cheese?
I used to add jam before going on a diet, but now I'm concerned about sugar.

Weighted Dips, Lying tricep extensions and actually read up on how to bench.
I see loads of guys with no arch (not telling you to make a female powerlifter arch) and don't use the leg drive in the bench.
Also don't forget microplates
I bench 134 kg and that's all thanks to adding 1kg a week rather being an idiot and trying to increase my bench by 2.5 kgs.

How do i stop myself from going all in? Currently at my grandma's place and she's feeding me like a pig. I dont have the guts to tell her i dont wanna eat, so i just shut up and clean my plate. What should i do? Should i double time my cardio?

Just get salted and eat that if not then find either find Tvarog in the polish aisle (better macros than cottage cheese) or quark.
Also 1 table spoon of honey is 10-15 g of carbs and 60 calories so I doubt that will be what makes or breaks your diet unless you are a 40 kg woman.

Tell her that it's important for you to count your calories
I'm pretty sure she'll understand

If you're living everyday at Grandmas then just learn to say no if it's once in a while every few weeks then don't eat anything other than what grandma feeds you and have some whey with water.

Just tell grandma that you're trying to lose weight. Grandma is always understanding, especially if she's feeding you so well.

Fantastic woman. I bet she'll make you healthy shit and like 'I googled how to make these healthy lemon squares.' 'But grandma you don't even know google' 'Yeah but I learned for you, grandson-kun.'

10/10 grandma

Thanks, have been doing SL for half a year now and want to focus more in look.

>grandma had a stroke
>2 years had passed
>she got a little better but it's still hard for her to walk and speak

Part of the reason I started working out and went on a diet to be honest

No sweat, I did the same shit. Just switched to greyskull recently and seeing dem aesthetics.

are you doing chinups? I find this hard to believe

Hello.
Yesterday I ate 720 grams of lentils with 50 grams of pasta in it. A tablespoon of oil was used into cooking, the whole meal was 1030 kcals.

At the end of the meal I wasn't hungry. But I wanted to eat some junk food. I had to restrain myself from going outside and eat some more tasty and greasy shit like pizza, burgers or whatever. How can you stop these cravings?

If user happened to find true love, would he do the same lifts, aerobics, and cardio that his girlfriend has to do get her feet wet for a Veeky Forums-related lifestyle?

Do you even practice your breathing?
What's the required mind:matter ratio for an Olympic-grade athlete wannabe?
Does swimming Veeky Forums?
Do you do the same bullshit cycles and routines throughout the entire year? Or should you switch things up between seasons and months?
Body-weights (Y/N)?

Has anyone thought about making a thread about warrior style routines - like samurai and knight workouts?

Is it possible to enjoy food/cooking, succeed in college with extra curricular activities, AND get Veeky Forums?