How to become a better older brother?

I am 23 and my little brother is 14. I have a feeling that I have failed and wasn't a good role model. Basically, I always was a beta cuck loser failure. I indirectly introduced him to video games and he is now a younger version of me, although smarter at school

>plays videos with his loser friends
>incredibly lazy in general
>arrogant and immature with mom and dad
>plays hockey but in the lower ranked leagues
>has close to 0 ambition

I just don't know what kind of activites to do with him. I already did karting, cycling, climbing and every other kind of physical activity and I feel I just can't get him interested in anything.

What kind of activities should I do with him?

LIFT IRON

Think about yourself at age 14. Did you really give a fuck about anything except video games? How many adults told you that you were wasting your youth and you just blew them off?

That's what's happening with him. That's normal 14 year old shit. The "I know better than everybody else" attitude. Give him a couple years and he'll come around. He'll probably end up on Veeky Forums crying about how he should've started lifting sooner. It's the circle of life bruh.

fucking this, i wish i knew it was a waste of time at 14
im 18 now

But some kids learn earlier and I don't want my beloved brother to become slave to video games, rather become one with iron at least. How do I get him into more physical activites? Or just more interested in something?

Shouldn't your father be the role model?

He's working every day with mom. He did his best but it just didn't stick on my brother. As soon as he got access to video games, he was changed forever. I am seriously thinking that gaming is the next plague of makind. It's like a beta treatment for every male

make him wear a skirt then give him some sweet no homo loving every night.

Parents got lazy, it's real easy to take care of chores when the kids are stuck to a glowing tube (TV or video GameStop). Few parents are willing to take the high road and keep Electronic usage to a minimum. It's just a new hot topic for folks raising kids in our current year.

Lead by example
Show, don't tell
Definitely don't give up on him, it's the one surefire way to not influence him at all

I guess it's a valuable life lesson if I ever have kids. They got their own business. They worked a lot, like 24/7 for 17years in order to offer us above middle class living standards

fpbp

I used to scoff at adults who shit talked games all the time but I eventually learned what a waste of time they are. You learn basically nothing from them and don't grow at all. I've seen people completely fall down that sinkhole and become basically complete losers, fortunately I never got that far.

They are just as much of a waste of time as watching tv or shitposting on Veeky Forums though. You can just treat it as a hobby and not obsess about it and it's really not all that bad

fucking degenerate cunt

Oh fuck I did the same thing to my younger bro.
>be 14, brother is 13
>convince him to play Wow
>he is reluctant at first, but gets WAYYY into it.
>I quit playing two years later after 5 months of grinding for loot with literally 0 results
>9 years later he's a morbidly obese slob who still lives at home and has 0 ambition and plays the fuck out of WoW
I don't think i'm responsible for EVERYTHING but his WoW addiction is 100% my fault.

>tfw your 14 year old brother gets more pussy than you do despite being worse in absolutely every aspect

Introduce him into:
Lifting
Nutrition
Literature/films/art
Hobby other than vidya

Basically think of him like he was your son. Make him a man.

Clearly he's doing something right and you aren't

>tfw I was you at your little brother's age and your brother at his current age
>tfw now I go to a great uni for engineering, play lots of vidya, and lift heavy weights

Just wait for him to get out of his shitty 14-year-old angsty phase. There's little you can do to convince him to change his ways. Make sure he does good in school and he'll learn eventually from your example what lifting iron can do for him.

13-16 years old is literally the most autistic age.

He's a fat, rude, lazy cunt with shit grades and no outlook on life
What could he possibly be doing right

He's getting laid.

My little bro is 22 and doing nothing with his life but video games. I've tried to get him lifting with me but he refuses. What do

Damn listening to all your Lil bros makes me happy that my Lil bro is a fucking gangsta and better than me in every way
>on football team
>beat the shit out of a Junior when we was a freshman
>only plays vidya on the weekend
>got his learner's license
>is a certified douchebag
>knows how to cook

Basically a way better version of me in every way possible when I was 15.

I'm just trying to get him to eat well and lift on the daily outside of football practice but I know he'll come around.

But Opie, our father died young. So we've both had to grow up and mature faster than most.

You can't just make him do something and expect him to like it, as most people don't like to be taken out of their comfort zone[spoiler] like most Veeky Forumsfags here, they get scared with something social.[/spoiler].
What you have to do is make him jealous of you, and let him pique his interest on his own.
For example, bring your friends and have a blast, make him sorry for his gaming life.
Occasionally do ""cool"" things (by middle school standards) like drinking with your atheletic friends.
Bring your fembros over and let them goad him that he would look so much better if he got fit.

Sooner or later, he will come to you to change his perspective. That is when you can offer him a choice for the better.

I'm saying this as an little bro who had a big bro who was infinitely more competent than I was, btw

Just reading the subject broke my heart.

I think you'll be an alright bro

Sounds like he has LOW ENERGY

But I don't want to be an average brother. I want to be a great role model so he'll become successful and make my parents proud in order to make up for me being a failure

This.

user, keep exposing him to physical activities regularly, and when he is ready he will engage. But at 14, he's really just acting like a normal teen. Don't worry too much about the games, her will learn to balance it out in time. Before there was vidya, it was music and slasher movies and comic books. Teens are lazy and drawn to dumb entertainment, they grow out of it.

you mean his whole life is your fault because you left a lasting impression on him?

shame lad.

I was like this I was addicted to MMOs the only thing that helped me was to realize I'm not like other people i was using video games as an escape from the real world which by all my estimates was a shit hole place with shit hole people. My only way of getting back to the world was to find something that made it seem like all the daily bullshit and constant irritations of real life were worth suffering through. For me it was serial killing it makes life worth living everything is else is boring as fuck and gives me no pleasure. You're bro might be like me just let him to learn to accept himself let him be different.