How badly will Marijuana consumption ruin my gains? I smoke only like once a month, will this set me back...

How badly will Marijuana consumption ruin my gains? I smoke only like once a month, will this set me back? I'm not a heavy smoker.

Other urls found in this thread:

lung.org/stop-smoking/smoking-facts/marijuana-and-lung-health.html
theguardian.com/society/2007/jul/31/drugsandalcohol.drugs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Breh I smoke literally every day, sometimes before the gym
you're fine

are you retarded? or just really high? once a day wouldnt even do anything to your gains. unless getting high made you not want to lift obviously...

i feel the people who are worrying they are smoking too much are not smoking too much.

>I'm not a heavy smoker

no shit I don't smoke a lot.

thanks, I'm just asking because I'm getting high for the first time since I started lifting, and I wasn't sure of the effects it'd have on me.

did you think your muscles would just deflate if you took one pot?

if you smoke everyday eventually u get dependent on it to eat meals.

>everybodys the same as you

weed does fuck with your body in many ways. it affects dopamine, hormone balance, metabolism and a load of other things.

the effect isn't huge so smoking occasionally is totally fine but it's not like it doesn't have any effect. and alcohol fucks up the same things not to mention a whole lot of other things weed doesn't.

>you're fine
post body

I know this..... I was wondering why OP thought it would do anything to his muscles

because he's retarded idk

Say that to your lungs lmao

t. Edible masterrace

it does. all those previously mentioned changes and the effect of weed use on your sleep quality do affect growth. smoking weed (just like any intoxicant really) affects recovery and recovery affects your muscles.

Smoke weed
Eat whole box of spicy chez its without realising
Nothing left but regret and spicy chez it shuts

I've used cannabis (vaporized) almost everyday since I started working out (and before that).

I've gained a decent amount of muscle mass, I doubt I would have gained anymore without the cannabis.

If it has any effect on building muscle, it's negligible.

except when smoking helps you get full nights of glorious deep sleep

that is actually quite rare unless you're suffering from some kind of anxiety issues or something of that nature where you normally have trouble sleeping in which case it might be an improvement. just because weed makes you sleep for a long time doesn't mean it's good quality sleep. if you don't have trouble sleeping regularly then sober sleep is much better than high sleep.

its not high sleep, I smoke about 3 hours before bed so im nice and tired. Wake up feeling great.

well that is obviously a lot better if you've sobered up before bed. though for me personally if I've been smoking heavy the day before I always wake up feeling low energy even if I didn't smoke right before bed. but of course that's a whole other thing than smoking one joint 3 hours before bed.

yea not even a joint either, I keep my tolerance low and just smoke half a bowl. Its the master race way to consume weed

if you actually smoke enough weed, it will happen. if you smoke a small joint maybe once a week you're good.

the true master race way is one of those tabletop vaporizers like a arizer Q or the silver surfer. a buddy of mine has a small collection so I've tried out pretty much everything on the market extensively (I also own an arizer solo and it's good for what it is) but the arizer Q is really the best there is. feels like smoking a hookah if you know what that's like. when you get too high to bother inhaling it has a 3-setting fan you can turn on so it literally pushes the vapor into your mouth rofl.

extremely cost-effective too after the initial investment. but personally I like to stick to my trusty bong. smoking just gives that immidiate rush vaping never will.

nothing will ever be as comfy as smoking a joint or a blunt outside in a garden chair or something just relaxing with maybe a cup of coffee in the other hand. too bad it's shit for efficiency but once in a while it's nice.

basically if u let yourself rely on anything (even unkowingly) thats whats called an addiction. and weed can be physically addicting.

here's a few types i've seen over and over again
>im not addicted to weed i just use to fall asleep (and can't sleep if i don't)
>weed doesn't affect me, i just need it to eat (and my food won't digest otherwise)
>i don't need weed man, it just makes me feel creative (and i'm not creative otherwise)

basically, it's a great recreational drug ala alcohol. and just like alcohol that shit can become a big heaping pile of shit on your life. but fine as long as you keep it under control

I've smoked maybe 1-1.5kg of weed in the past decade. Heavily slowing in the past few years but there were years where I'd smoke 10+ grams a week every week. Averaging over a gram a day of premium weed. And that never happened to me.

Only thing that happened to me was that I couldn't enjoy things like tv or video games sober but I just started reading again and didn't really miss either tv or vidya tbqh.

about the same harm as cigarettes, the whole combustion and inhalation thingy

if you want no sides then vape or cook the weed

>1gram a day
not enough.

the smoke inhalation from smoking weed is nowhere near the same as a cig dude. Harmful yes, but not nearly as toxic

1 gram a day is a lot more than most people who smoke weed so if your criteria is that high maybe you shouldn't say "eventually it will happen to you if you keep smoking"
it's actually a lot MORE harmful. granted people do a lot less of it but if you compare it directly
>if you want no sides
less sides*

what? lmao cigs have numerous toxic chemicals its no where near as harmful, especially if smoked through a pipe or bong. How can you possibly thing cigs that kill million of people are more harmful than weed that kills none?

I'm pretty sure you're trolling but could you confirm?

>1 gram a day is a lot more than most people who smoke weed
lol dude. i'm glad you can smoke responsibly but i'm not giving advice to people that smoke responsibly.

1g a day is not responsibly

and besides, smoking 1g a day leads to smoking more grams a day because of tolerance issues.

why would i be trolling, Seriously how can you think that smoking cigarettes is less harmful than weed. Cigarettes cause half a million people a year to die......

I dont even smoke anymore but you are an idiot for thinking cannabis smoke is anywhere near as destructive as cigarettr smoke. It's not good for your lungs its still burned plant fucking up your lungs. Dont be an idiot and say its a lot worse than cigs though, retard.

lung.org/stop-smoking/smoking-facts/marijuana-and-lung-health.html
not only does weed have most of the "toxins" and carcinogens that tobacco smoke has and more most cigarettes in the 1st world are filtered. weed is typically smoked unfiltered. weed is also held in lungs extendedly while tobacco isn't.
the reason cigarettes are so deadly for you comes from volume. most smokers smoke 20+ cigarettes a day every day. very few smoke 20 joints a day and those who do suffer from the same problems.
>weed that kills none
THC kills none. the LD50 of THC is practically unreachable by smoking. lung cancer from smoking weed does kill people. the carcinogens are deadly regardless what type of smoke you get them from. whether it's tobacco, weed, grass or dry leaves from an apple tree. all smoke is bad for you when inhaled. and it's even worse if it's unfiltered.
an additional effect of smoking weed is that it hurts your body's overall immune system so it indirectly lowers your health and ups your changes of getting catching some completely unrelated disease.

I love weed just as much as the next guy but nobody who actually smokes weed should be naive enough to think it's harmless.

theguardian.com/society/2007/jul/31/drugsandalcohol.drugs
a lot studies agree on the matter. maybe if you're going to use a drug you should use google and read the first fucking result so you know the risks involved.

I do like a 200mg edible every night. Basically no bad physical effects, but you do get pretty fucking addicted because the body high from that much is ridiculous, almost feels like an opiate high. Literally just feels like you are floating on a cloud. Listening to music that high is my favorite thing to do.

Lol that's not really a good argument because cig filters don't filter any of the carcinogens, they just make the smoke less harsh

the primary function of the filter is to reduce the fine particles and the tar from the paper, both of which it's very effective at

Same here though smoking is way funner

you are stupid as fuck boy

What other edibles besides brownies?

Because the guy in my town probably sells 500lbs of brownies a month and I can't find anything else.

What should I cook it into?

Make whey protein brownies

did you even read this article? No where does it mentione deaths caused by weed smoke. In fact if you research anywhere theres almost no cases linked directly to weed smoke. Only lung damage, Which of course I already knew occured

ok so you were trolling good job feel good now?

Thats your only comeback to something you disagree with? Of course im not trolling. Blows my mind anyone would actually believe smoking weed is anywhere near as harmful as being a cig smoker. Not worth the argument if you believe this

Filters only get the biggest particles which won't even get to your alveoli, also the filters themselves are bad for you because you inhale fibers from the filters too. Also since it makes the smoke less harsh yo can take bigger hits which get the smoke deeper hits which gets more of the smoke in your lungs. Filtered cigs are definately not safer than unfiltered.

>no cases linked directly to weed smoke. Only lung damage
thing about this long and hard

>2016
>inhaling literal combustion

You people are actually literally retarded, aren't you? Civilization advances around you and yet you aren't inclined to join in on the progress. THC? Countless ways to consume without combustion. Nicotine? Use a patch or use a vaporizer.

I can't get you people. You're a fucking disgrace to humanity. The rest of are patiently waiting for people like you to die out. Fucking pathetic. Inhaling smoke is some shit reserved entirely for neanderthals.

Get some cannabutter or make it yourself.

You can do all sorts of cooking with cannabis infused butter. A friend of mine did macaroni and cheese.