/plg/

Powerlifting general

Weaslets get the fuck off my thread and die edition.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kKHhX2GsMUc
youtube.com/watch?v=abf5KDpSXFs
instagram.com/p/BKD1yLrhgWN
youtube.com/watch?v=VsjBVQ6Kk4E
instagram.com/p/BKeDHoyDFII/?taken-by=norsefat
youtube.com/watch?v=XA1lcFpHV40
youtube.com/watch?v=-G_ot0-98NU
youtube.com/watch?v=zX73Kn_ZHD0
youtube.com/watch?v=VcY3YSW9vX4
youtube.com/watch?v=IZDVHVohtmE
store.hookgrip.com/shop/anta-chinese-weightlifting-shoe/
youtube.com/watch?v=IaNqaaeBb9k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

God damn Islet you lying rodent fuck
Honour your bet

I wish Sean dies of stage 4 brain cancer

>brain
>implying

Y'all some jelly ass mutha fuckas

wtf I had no idea this many people bench 300+
youtube.com/watch?v=kKHhX2GsMUc

GOING FOR LAST MONTH'S DL MAX FOR MY OPENER
SHARE YOUR ENERGY WITH ME LADS
\o/

8=======D

I'm the user who asked earlier in the week what weight I should try for a new squat 1RM. Most people said 147.5kg, so I did that and got it.

youtube.com/watch?v=abf5KDpSXFs

SMESH

Can I see girl137

You smoked that, looked like 5-10 more kgs left

L I G H T W E I G H T

STINKY

>Bracing your abdomen starts with a deep, diaphragmatic breath (into your stomach, not your chest.

I remember telling you this last week. Did it work for you?

> tfw don't want to get injured with all these GAINS

How soon until your first cycle?

went for a ride today lads.

i dunno if I'll be able to squat tomorrow.

cycling does more for my quads than my meme squat ;(

why are you doing trigonometry with your chinups

Looked easy, nice lift. You probably could've squatted 5 kg more.

neck yourself

Kind of considering buying a couple months of RTS programming from Mike T for the weeks leading up to my meet instead of winging my own program.

Idk if it's worth it though because I probably won't even place. But maybe I'll learn a lot doing so?

I've already made awesome gains thus far on the general intermediate program.

Good taste user

REEEEEEEEE I will never take drugs

I tried it out on 315 Tuesday and made sure to breathe into my abdomen. I hit depth and it was like RPE 7 but my back still rounded on the way up (video related). I think it might just be an issue with weak erectors. I'm really just going to use the SSB for a while and add in some snatch grip deadlifts to see if that helps.

Got my MRI results laddos and....
NOTHING, they found NOTHINg, my back is perfect, but it still hurts goddamnit.
Oh well at least I'm sure it's nothing serious

Mirin

>talent chads can't get injured
>I blew out my back deadlifting 120kg
Tonight I dine in hell

>Oh well at least I'm sure it's nothing serious
These are Virtus's last words to PLG lads, show some respect.
;_;7

You have an aesthetic spine. Is it your spine that hurts or the muscle surrounding it?

Look two posts above you

>they found nothing

>Not having a crowd of bros cheering you on when hitting a PR

It's like you don't even want to make it.

instagram.com/p/BKD1yLrhgWN

pls don't jinx it breh :(
it hurts on my SI joint, but both my back and SI look fine

But you train in a druggo gym?

im thinking about jewing myself some pricy weightlifting shoes for squatting, Ive noticed my ankles cave in a lil. Stop me /plg/

Look into the barrel of a loaded 12 gauge and pull the trigger

Why the fuck are you doing squats while wearing those shitty Converse sneakers? Get some real shoes - athletic shoes at least or fucking lifting shoes what you are doing there is ridiculous

>doctors
>actually finding anything
probably told you rest and see what happens

imho it's an issue of bracing
you should not be able to bend your spine in this weird shape if you brace properly
1) stop queuing "chest up" or "look up" or whatever it is you're doing that's breaking the straight line between your upper and mid back — or from a different approach, whatever it is you're doing that's preventing you from keeping your ribcage down
2) learn to properly control your pelvis (this comes with good bracing) so that the "butt wink", I use quotation marks because it's not literally butt wink, this pic was taken during the descent, is just a straight line

maybe experiment with a tiny bit of forward knee travel, which means the angle between your torso and femur is more open, eliminating some of the back chaos? like for example no one (with proper ankle mobility) is ever gonna have butt wink while front squatting, now obviously that's an exaggeration in terms of form but the concept does apply to low bar squatting as well

Can you fit your wrist in your mouth?

How much do you bench?

PLS RESPOMND

why even try to help him anymore, he never takes any critique let him snap his shit up

can you quickly show you squatting and/or deadlifting? I have a theory about people with SI joint pain and ATP/hyperextending the back while squatting and deadlifting, I wonder if I can predict the way you lift judging by your injury/complaint

>James Henderson
>tfw you will never be black

youtube.com/watch?v=VsjBVQ6Kk4E

easier said than done breh, if I wasn't this autistic about training it would've probably been already healed up. Oh well at least I'm getting some good upper body gains

Okay, I'll try experimenting with it more, but it only seems to happen around 90%+ so I think it's a strength issue.

I'm trying to take people's advice and fix my shit, it just hasn't been working so far.

Seriously? The third, fourth, and fifth discs from the bottom look really iffy m8. Using my MRI as a frame of reference, and obviously I'm not a doctor, but something doesn't seem right

At least you're not me. Fucked my l5s1 from 65 kg

Yeah m8 you pretty much got it, I'm quite used to hyperextending, especially when squatting (not so much when diddlying)

Well the report says so. In my limited experiece I can say that a real hernia looks much more protruded. Also look at the color of the disc: a clear coloring means the disc is well hydrated while a darker shade means its liquid has been pushed out

jesus how big are you? and whats your diddly?

In my (commercial) gym I'm "that guy squatting all the time", I often have gymbros come up to me asking for advice on squats and about 4 out of 5 times they complain about back pain right above the tailbone and I don't even have to see them squatting to know the cause. It seems that in the online crusade against/obsession about not having posterior pelvic tilt in the bottom of the squat, everyone is just pushing their ass out as much as possible but of course that's a problem in itself as well. The pendulum has swung too much in the other direction. I hope by continually shilling CWS/Quinn Henoch/Chris Duffin videos, I can contribute in getting people to stop hyperextending.

Also I hate Russian and Chinese lifters. All the casuals look to them for squatting and they all do this. I don't understand how they avoid this particular chronic injury.

>Fucked my l5s1 from 65 kg

How do you manage that

>saying 'thank you very much' to your spotter in the middle of handing you off a 6 plate bench

I'm going to start thanking my spotters mid-set from now on too.

I most certainly could be wrong here, but it looks somewhat similar to what I had, which was a bulge, and not the same thing as a herniation. Obviously not a doctor, so my word means jack shit, but it seems fishy to me.

I didn't know how to brace (and so I didn't) + bad luck

not that huge, 95kg atm. My heaviest well executed diddly is webm related. Did 277.5 in comp a few months priors but it was catbacked as fuck (won me 3rd place at yuros tho)
I wholeheartedly agree m8, it's just that old habits are difficult to erase. Also my core isn't nearly as strong as my legs, reason why I try to shorten the torso moment arm as much as possible by doing low bar and arching, really need to fix that

wew lots of front skwuts today

my hips are so fucked, if I open hips up at bottom my position gets way better but i have a nasty sharp pain/pinch on the outside of my left hip

if i let them come in my front squat looks retarded and my right hip flexor gets buggered if i go too deep

RIP

instagram.com/p/BKeDHoyDFII/?taken-by=norsefat

Which videos would you say are a must-watch? I've watched a lot of Chris "Dindu" Duffin, but not a lot of CWS, and no Henoch at all.

Also deadlift videos would be nice, my deadlift form is painful to watch (but not actually painful ty based spinal erectors from years of Good Morning squats)

Guy I've been squatting with bad form for about 2 years. Getting butt wink due to hyper extending and not bracing properly.

Heaviest I did was 120kg x 5

I'm scared I might have done irreparable damage to my spine.

H
..U
...N
....G
.....R
......Y
.......L
........I
..........E
...........T
............H
.............E
..............W
...............O
................L
.................F

Why do you have an excuse to why you're shit that day on every single Instagram post?

You have. All well. So have I.

The Juggernaut videos (CWS/Quinn Henoch) I liked, explaining about breathing and rib position etc, are buried deep in the hundreds of videos on the channel as well as on the supertraining channel. This one is recent but is actually not specifically about this, the first 3 minutes are kinda "meh", he touches on the concepts but this video is about relaxing/mobility, not about the actual lifting
youtube.com/watch?v=XA1lcFpHV40

These are some more related, but unfortunately not the ones that explained everything so clearly to me
youtube.com/watch?v=-G_ot0-98NU
youtube.com/watch?v=zX73Kn_ZHD0 (somewhere around 4 minutes is relevant)
youtube.com/watch?v=VcY3YSW9vX4

Why are you here go away

Sounds like someone hasn't been /stretch/ for a while, gotta get back on the horse, Norsie. Besides the tight hips, how are things going famalam?

Actually yea the last one is one of those that really made it click for me

Twinkalex please watch at 6:50 at least, if not the whole thing

Did the front squats in the video hurt you? They look fine imho, and I'm the user going full autismo over pelvis/bracing itt so that's saying a lot. Literally the only negative thing I would say about those front squats is some minor upper back rounding but that has little to do with the hips.

Nicely done

damn nigga this is some heavy ass weight im moving on the bench

Get cancer and die

Anyone knows if the adipowers are as small as the powerlifts? Cuz my feed 2 wide for those

shit nigga you sound mad as fuck little twink fucboi

i have adipowers

if you have wide feet (i.e. a fat piece of shit) then just get the nike romelous

Get stage 4 cancer

Adipowers are fairly narrow, more so than powerlifts in my experience. If you have wide feet, romaleos are apparently the way to go (so I've heard, haven't worn them myself).

Maybe someone can comment on the relative width of the power perfects, do-wins, wei-ru warriors etc to provide some cheaper options than the romaleos.

Can someone explain this meme to me

is this supposed to make me angry? im confused

hon hon le baguette

beta orbiter mad the girl he fell in love with on Veeky Forums left and mad at Sean for being based,

I hope you get skin cancer and a brain tumour and have to waste away alone in the gutter because you couldn't afford health care you cancerous nigger

Get cancer and die

>coudlnt afford healthcare

1) I'm a millionaire
2) Healthcare is paid by the Government from my taxes

Although think if i had cancer id go to America and pay for an actual doctor instead of some retarded syrup sucking doctor

If you got cancer I'd laugh so fucking hard
I'd take a diarrhoea dump on your grave

Thanks I've looked at the do-wins heard they are wider but looks like they are less stable the sole looks weaker and the toe part goes up?

Whats a diarrhoea ?

what size shoe are you

if you have size 12 or larger you could get these

store.hookgrip.com/shop/anta-chinese-weightlifting-shoe/

theyre what the chinese olympic team uses

theyre pretty much romaleous in every way

learn to google, cancer boy. Perhaps your weak nimble fingers can't muster up the energy after fighting cirrhosis

diarrhoea isn't in the English dictionary ?

10 in freedoms 43/44 in yrop mmh they are as expensive as the nikeys doe

>deadlift max was 405
>back injury
>couldn't break 335 of the ground today, one month later
Granted, it was an off day for everything, but that's a big drop. What should I use as my max for my new training cycle? I feel like 315 would be outstripped relatively quickly, since it'll probably come back easily, but 405 is definitely not an option.

Check again, cancer boy.

Why are you such a poor fucking faggot? can you honestly not afford a 200 dollar pair of shoes? are you some poor faggot living with his mom in a uhaul van looking in the dumpster for your next meal?

Yep I did, definitely not a word lol, you must be lacking in the whole English writing thing

I take it you weren't educated very well?

All that chemotherapy must have scrambled your brains

I must be talking to a literal autistic retard who is illiterate

Projection. Enjoy your cancer, can't wait till you're dead.

I hope when you turn 18 you learn how to spell correctly :)

I'd say that's a projection but you're actually a mentally ill middle aged man on Veeky Forums wtf haha

Can't wait till you die of cancer

Is there a sheiko over 80 google docs? I don't have a smartphone

you're the butthurt bald cancer looking man in that pic btw

yes there is

link?

Thinking about running it once I get to 110kg for reps on Nuckols

Last workout before surgery next week

I want to go heavy deadlifting but will probably benefit more from a bunch of volume.

youtube.com/watch?v=IaNqaaeBb9k

>tfw you progress on squats despite maxing sumo yesterday
Feels good man

Mods are asleep POST WEASELS!