Ever had MONO?

as the title says, i may of fucked up and accidently caught it yesterday from this girl who possibly has it and im wondering how fugged im gonna be in the future

got it from a Canadian and it rekt me for 3 months, couldn't eat or even drink water without horrible throat-stabbing pains. lost 2 stone. RIP m8

Got it back when I was 17, used to drool all over my bed because it was eiter that or swallow the spit and feel like I was swallowing shrapnel. Eventually my parents checked me in to a hospital, was so weak at that point I couldn't walk for shit. The only time I've ever been in a wheel chair, Lost 22 pounds. Would literally rather kill myself than go through that shit again.

I had mono 3 or 4 times when I was a kid. Always started out thinking it was just a sore throat, until the test results came back. Never got hospitalized or wheelchair-bound over it, though... It sucks, but you'll make it.

Is this an american thing?

Literally never heard of it or seen anyone with it in the UK.. or does it have a different name here?

Enjoy your herpes 4 virus user

Epstein Barr virus is no joke, make sure you rest to get over it

Shit just googled it. People call it glandular fever here.

me m8 had it when he was a lad. fucked him right up/

>i may of fucked up

Literally kill yourself

Gabe?

so is it like a std or something?
if you have it does it limit which jobs you can get?
does it show up on your medical history forever?
and how spread able is it does everyone just get it like aids or something

It's called mononucleosis due to excessive numbers of WBC's (neutrophils iirc) that look like monocytes (but they aren't) it was named wrong - probably by the physicians that described it originally

I'm sure Wikipedia still works though if you want more info

this. it will fuck your shit up.
had never heard of until Canadian. it will destroy you

Nick named the kissing disease user

Not really an STD in the usual sense but you only get it from intimate contact like kissing

AKA Herpes 4
Iirc herpes 3 is chicken pox

will this effect my lifting?
can i still live like a normal non normie life?
will my pee pee fall off?
will my semen be different color or taste different?
pls guys...

Yes
Fucking Google still works too

had it 2 years ago

dumbass me kept on working for the first month, untill I literally fell asleep as soon as I came home and woke up an hour late for my work, phoned in sick and spend a month at home before I was allowed to work again

in that 2nd month I once worked out for like 20 minutes (I felt good that day) and I was broken, dead tired

good thing is that once you had it you can't have it again

yes.

no.

no, but you won't be able to use it until cured.

you won't be producing any semen m8. too rekt.

RIP.

Ya you're fucked dude. Hope the pussy was worth it

Got it at 22. The tiredness wasn't bad at all for me but the throat pain was terrible. I think the older you are when you get it the worse the symptoms are.

I had mono without knowing it was mono and I kept lifting like usual. My spleen ruptured and I nearly died. Doctors treated me like a miracle kid when I woke up from a super lucky surgery.

Don't lift with mono, senpai.

>Went to Vegas
>Made out with girl in Hakkasan
>Turns out she is more virus than host
>Mono symptoms a month later
>Throat too sore to swallow
>Spit my phlegm into a Gatorade bottle
>Delirious with fever
>Accidently drink my own luke-warm phlegm

oh /del/

/del/ never change

>Be me, gains goblin.
>At the gym, working on my selfie portfolio.
>Watch in the reflection from my iPhone's screen as autistic manlet takes a sneaky sip from my water bottle.
>Start googling mono symptoms on my phone.
>Manlet starts crying.

>lost 2 stone
>lost 22 pounds
What's your routine

5 x kiss infected Murrican
10 x cry trying to swallow food
5 x lie in bed weeping like a faggot

>Ate many icecream
>Placed on tongue
>Tilt head back to let it slide down throat
>Never engage throat muscles
>Still felt like razor blades