Dental health/fitness

I just got braces off after two years and my teeth are a bit on the stained side. What are the best ways to get nice white teeth? (Gargling whey protein powder excluded)

Other urls found in this thread:

draxe.com/naturally-reverse-cavities-heal-tooth-decay/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Did braces help you? I might get them

They were great. My teeth were not that messed up but in my field of work they would not cut it so I'm glad I did it. Now to just whiten them up

Not OP but
Definitely help. My situation was very bad because my parents were too cheap so I could only get them when I was 24 with my own money. Waiting so long had its toll though and it cost me about $6000 but boy the feeling of finally being able to smile and talk without worrying of creeping people out is worth it.

Crest white strips did a good job of taking me a few shades whiter for a good price. some people report pain with them, but I was fine.

This. Suck it up for a year or two for a lifetime of smiles. Also if people or chicks treat you like shit because of braces you don't need them in your life

>my field of work they would not cut it
Where do you work?

Also OP, search amazon for hydrogen peroxide paste. It's ~8 dollars and it's what they use to whiten your teeth at the dentist. Also you can get a small UV light mouth guard to enhance its effects.

Get your teeth cleaned at the dentist first. Let em scrape the plaque thats built up during your time with the braces on before you opt for whitening solutions. If youre a return customer to most dentists, theyll charge you 150+ out of pocket. New customers normally get like a 50 dollar deal. Unless you have decent dental insurance, then you can go anywhere.

After thats done, then opt for whitening solutions. Trust me when I say they work way fucking better when youre not attempting to whiten built up plaque.

Acting field, Disneyland that stuff. Smiling is a must

Deadlifts

REMINDER TO WEAR YOUR FUCKING RETAINER YOU RETARD

I didn't wear mine religiously and my teeth have moved back about 1mm towards where they started

I didnt get mine until i was 17. I always tried to hide my smile because embarassed (they werent horrible, but everything is more obvious to yourself). I missed several appointments so I had them longer than i needed to, i think i got them off at 23 or something, idk

Totally worth and im sure they have better ones these days that are not incredibly ugly (I might get invisaligns down the roa just to touch them up)

I wear it every day every hour aside from eating. I have to for the next 6 months until i can move to a night one. People who throw away 3 grand by not wearing it are tards

Completely white teeth are unnatural. You can only get them by bleaching them or using toothpaste that scrapes the enamel off.

>crest whie strips
I'd like more opinions on these since I've been thinking about looking into them

I've used them. They work but sometimes it feels like i have a tooth ache while wearing it. According to the package this is normal.

The confusing thing though is it has a maximum yearly ampount you can use, which i about two packages worth, but also they say you can use it every week. So i'm not sure how much i should use this.

well since op got his braces off I'm assuming they cleaned it. So if you're not op, first do your checkup and they will clean what they can. Then you buy white strips, not toothpaste. That's what the dentist told me

Used a box of them, definitely noticing a difference and I felt nothing

My ortho said once a month for me
I go longer but my teeth haven't moved back to what they were before

Just make sure you don't go like 6 months without wearing your retainers. 3 months max. They feel tight at first but feel normal after a few hours.

I also am growing in all my wisdom teeth and they have ample room and are growing in straight.

Arm and hammer baking soda toothpaste works well

Also, stop drinking coffee

Anyone have experience with the new style of retainers where they glue a wire to the back of your teeth? How effective are these as opposed to the traditional style?

Normal teeth are supposed to look a bit yellow.
The white teeth thing as a western dentistry invention.
Much like cellulite and "breasts will sag if you don't whear a bra" when the former is a natural thing that will appear no matter how fat or slim a woman is and the latter is the exact opposite.

>didn't wear retainer
>bottom teeth fucked up beyond belief
Can I still get Invisalign or something to fix them?

I got this stuff at walmart/cvs. Its $8 and works better than white strips IMO.

The mouth piece that comes with it is okay, but I opted to buy one that you can boil and imprint your teeth in. It says 5 mins but I do 10-15 mins and it works well.

I have this.
It works and I dont notics it's there. Its just a part of my teeth.
It's a bitch to floss though.

they online cause pain if you leave them on for too long. One time I feel asleep with them on and my teeth hurt pretty badly.

Did you get the mouthguard to wear at night to protect them from teeth grinding while you sleep? I never wore mine and for some reason i'm paranoid that my teeth have moved. Can't really tell though.

Xylitol gum. Orbits is ok, but the best stuff is online.

It prevents bacteria from attaching to teeth and each other

Rinse once a day with 3% hydrogen peroxide (oral debriging agent) for like 20 seconds.
Rinse
Brush teeth

Do this for a week and ur teeth with be visibly whiter. Its safe, dental whitening is just medical grade hydrogen peroxide at like 20% applied to teeth only,

>be 22
>scared of dentists and whatever equipment they use
>only have 1 cavity, got it when I was a kid, kept it in check ever since
>brush once a day
>thought I've been keeping my mouth real good
>notice 1 huge tartar build up
>decide to get it cleaned up by the dentist
>turned out everything was covered in tartar
>what I thought was part of my teeth was actually tartar
>feel like I lost several of my teeth after the cleanup
All right boys, get this, visit a dentist at least once a year all right?
>tfw I've french kissed multiple women throughout that time frame

brb off 2 brush em

>two years of braces finally off
>now you're stuck with two years of wearing your retainer 24/7
Y-yay..

OP how old are you?

When did you first notice your smile was perfect? One year?
Did you wear elastics? They fucking kill me.

Post before and after pics bruh

>tfw got the permanent retainer they attach to the back of your teeth and have to wear them until my face stops growing
>tfw i'm 20 years old and the average face doesn't stop growing until 30 years of age

T-thanks

Holy hell that's shitty user.

>tfw got the permanent retainer and facial growing made bottom teeth to slightly shift
>tfw bottom two middle teeth are more fucked then when I started

>my friend got them
>ate through his enamel and made it look worse
>I started oil pulling (detoxing method by gargling coconut oil for 30min everyday), it's been a month and they're slowly getting whiter
The internet says it's a slow process
but I want white teeth and no cavities.
I changed my diet too because of this hippy fucking website
draxe.com/naturally-reverse-cavities-heal-tooth-decay/