/QTDDTOT/

Questions that don't deserve their own thread

Grandmaster gains edition

Other urls found in this thread:

t-nation.com/diet-fat-loss/g-flux-redux
ultimatefatburner.com/bodybuilding/carnivor.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Prev Question: how to consume pre workout / caffeine in afternoon and still sleep at night?

Yes and don't act like a "nice guy"

how ottery can I get with doing
20 pullups
100 pushups
200 situps
and 30 mins run

3x a week

Reposting from the end of last thread for more opinions:
Started wearing my Chucks outside of the gym, then realized I now need new dedicated gym-shoes. Should I just get more Chuck Taylors or go for something dedicated for weightlifting? Does it even matter?
Similarly, any real difference between mens and womens versions of the same weightlifting shoes? For instance, I see male and female Powerlifts. I know in normal shoes girls can often get away with wearing guys' shoes. Does that work in this case? Does it go both ways? Bisexual shoes?

Combine with healthy eating and you'll be in better shape than the majority of the population.

Prev. question from end of last thread:

How long can I keep up linear progression?
This summer I started really focusing on leg strength because before I hardly worked legs and became top heavy in terms of strength. I started with 5x5 1pl8 squat and 2pl8 deadlift after, three times a week. First I increased the weight by 10 lbs each gym session until I reached 2pl8 for squats and 3pl8 for deadlifts (not that I couldn't do these before, but to help get form down). Since then I've been increasing weight by 5lbs each session, most recently did 5x5 of 285 lbs on squat and 1x5 of 375 on deadlift.

When do you guys think I won't be able to continue with such progression?

>pic unrelated, my 14 year old border collie that I had to put down last week. rest in piece, my sweetie

>When do you guys think I won't be able to continue with such progression?
Basically, when you're sure that everything about your routine is in-check, but you're so exhausted between squat/deadlift days that you hit a plateau for weeks.

The essence of most intermediate routines is just alternating between heavy/light squat days. Bench is usually a non-issue, since its recovery is independent from squat/deadlift and is easy to mix up without impacting everything else.

But so long as you're successfully adding 5/5/2.5 lb per week, whatever you're doing is probably fine.

re-posting my answer in case you didn't see it.

I recommend adidas powerlift shoes, you can get them under $100 if you look carefully, great for squats and work fine for everything else apart from deadlifts. For deadlifts I got deadlift slippers (dirt cheap on amazon).

okey dokey, just making sure thanks user

Any difference between the powerlift versions (v2 vs v3)

i just fapped to some gorgeous titties and now i'm very relaxed and now i can't go to the barber because they've just closed.

how do i not cum so fast

skelly who started lifting here
I have pectus and I think it looks like shit
should I even train chest? I don't want it to look like boobies. I think it already got worse...can I ever get aesthetic?
no $$ for surgery.
looks different depending on the light

Nice doggo

Use a comma or a period to break up your sentence.

How do I fix horrible imbalances in my upper body due to fapping with one hand 1-3times a day for 8-9 years?

Already switched hands to try and even it out, but need some exercises to catch up

Does cutting lower T-levels?
been cutting for 5 months(fucked up some days so its prob maintenance at the end of the week= slowly and lost 4kg so far

want to have blood exams soon, will my test be lower due to this?

Proceed as normal. Get a surgery if it affects your health. You'll get over self esteem issues.

Bait or stop being retarded.

Can you use your chest hole as a cereal bowl?

Dunno, I have v2 and love them, helps me with squats in particular since my mobility is shit. Dunno about v3, never used them.

Thanks. She was a great dog, but she had a tumor in her neck and it was growing fast.

>drive back home from college for 2 days
>spend one last night with her sleeping at the foot of my bed
>she wants to be outside in the morning before the vet arrives
>she watched me dig her grave
>later I carried her limp body over to bury her
Really sad day

She used to be a Veeky Forums pup, great swimmer and would carry big tree branches all the way out of the woods.

I have pectus also, mines worse then yours too. I notice for the first couple months that my pectus actually looks worse because my pecs were getting larger so it made the crater look deeper. But since I've basically given all hope of an aesthetic chest I said fuck it and kept on lifting. Now I've notice that my crater is actually becoming less deep, as if my pecs are slowly pushing the hole out(basically what the surgery does). It's really incouraged me to push my chest harder. I've only been lifting since march and was super skelly before but there's hope for us friend.

First off, how do acquire Fischer mode?

Second, how do you guys feel about keto?

>First off, how do acquire Fischer mode?
Castling 5xF

My hips sway to the right when doing squats.

How to fix?

What's the best weightlifting belt to start out with?

I work crazy hours at Chinese takeout place, and the only other eateries within walking distance is a subway, McDonald's, and a Little Caesar's. What can i do to eat clean? I have very little time for meal prep, and most of it is around midnight when my family is sleeping.

Try stretching your hip flexors, piriformis, and do some adductor isolation exercises on the side the hip slides away from

My feet are uneven, like klokov

left one stays more in front than the right one, it also points forward while my right one points outwards

it's like this, P being left feet and p the right: P_p

it makes my squats uncomfy, end up with a knee higher than the other most of the times

is this shit fixable?

Best lactose free protein powder?

Is reaching 1/2/3/4 plates achievable on SL? Also is 1/2/3/4 a 5 rep goal or a 1 rep goal?

Learn to use a camera, it cannot possibly only have the two settings 'The Simpsons' or 'Corpse'.

Yes; doesn't matter. Make 2/3/4/5 your 10 rep goal if you want.

whats the name of the lift where you give your back to the cable machine, and with a straight bar you grab it shoulder witdh and push up until arms are at a 90degree angle?
its a shoulders exercise, one is with overhand grip other underhand

some big guy said I was lacking some spots in my shoulders and that I should do that to fix it, and also to bench way more

Cook quietly.

Are you talking about barbell front raise on a cable machine?

i workout 4 times a week, should i use creatine and beta alanine every day (3g) or only before/after workout (5g)?

Are any sports good for building muscle?

I started exercising this week by adding PUs. I'm currently doing 6 sets of 10 with 7 regular push ups 3 knee pu's since I'm at low muscle. I started 5 - 5 with a 2 min break within set, now at 7-3 with a 1 minute break. Eventually cutting the sets down redistributing the pushs around until I get to The eventual goal of 3x20.

I was told to "just pu until exhaustion" but I did less with no burn and eventually couldn't do more than one.

Am I right or were they?

that's memey as hell

will ab rolling on my knees give me decent abs when I get to cut?

Currently bulking with BBB 531 with ab-roller as an accesory, 5x8-10 two times a week, Im starting to get strong enough to hold a 15 kg plate on my back while doing these

well you're making progress as you are doing so keep it up

Ever since I started working out 8 months ago my back started making sounds when I retract my scapula. Just the typical cracking sounds you'd hear when you crack joints. There's no pain and it just feels like a good stretch but I'd like to know why this started happening. Am I getting stiff from bench or something? Is this a sign I need to be stretching more or working my back more?

Just started lifting, how long will it take to see some gains?

10 years

bait?

depends on your diet, routine, consistency and many other factors

20 yr old virgin here.
Girl wants to netflix and chill tuesday and i need tips to have peak performance.
How do i not bust in three pumps?

For a while my boners have been like 70% i need it at 100% how do I fix it?

Also any tips brahs?

dont touch your dick from here to tuesday

When trying to go heavier with front squats, I feel that my upper back is giving out first and rounding. Would rack holds be a good assistance for this? If so, how would I program them in? I currently squat mon/fri and dl on wed

I want to start going to the gym because I'm too skinny, I'm not comfortable with that and makes finding clothes hard, but I have mixed feelings about it, on one hand I think maybe my awkwardness, anxiety and aloofness might make it hard for me to keep it once I'm there. And on the other hand I believe that I might be overthinking this and using those as an excuse to not go and that I should not think that much about it and just jump into it. What do you think?

For nut busting endurance, jack off multiple times a day, especially the day of sex. For benis strength, do kegels.

What formula will get my macro ratio dialed in? Should look at just carbs or net carbs? And if I get my macro ratio using Lyle McDonald's formula do I also need to follow the program in UD 2.0

How much creative should I began taking? Do I need to be worried about BCAA's other than what's in my protein?

You will always be too skinny. Even when you pack on muscle, you'll look in the mirror and think, damn if only i could gain a bit more muscle. Put on some on your favorite music and be in your world. Yes people might notice you are skinny, but no one will give a shit. A lot of the big guys there very likely started out in a situation similar to yours.

Cardio and abdominal workouts

I've had the best sex when i started doing sprints

The rack holds sound like a good idea. Are you doing your squatting the day after back day? If so, that's gonna hurt your front squat performance. If not, incorporate front holds into your back workout. Just warm up to the weight you normally squat with and hold it for time. Do like 3 sets of this.

Don't give a shit what other people think. Wear what you want and lift hard.

as long as you're not hogging equipment doing stupid things, I wont give a shit if you wanna wear a tutu

stupid things include curls in the squat rack, quarter rom squatting, and hogging the 45's in the sled to move your legs 10 cm

Any one here used to smoke? One of the biggest health obstacles I face are cigarettes. For those used-to-be smokers, what was the easiest way for you to quit?

I used to smoke. I just quit cold turkey. If you can make it 3 days you are good. Just stay busy during those 3 days. You'll probably end up eating a lot more though, so be advised you'll like gain at least 10 pounds.

Just go to the gym, you'll be less of a dork if you do.

Thanks for the warning man, I'll keep that in mind

Realized that I was getting winded after playing with my newborn nephew after a half hour, plus the cost, and obvious damage to my health and how I hated how they were making me feel.

It wasn't impossible, it wasn't painful, it was just fucking annoying more then anything.

I had to completely clean my home and get rid of anything that was even remotely smokeable.
Cleaned up all of the ashes that had the strong cig smell and aired my home and clothes out for days to get rid of the smell of smoke.

My trusty pipe, my rolling papers that still full bag of citrus infused lemon and orange flavered tobacco and foot long party cigs I rolled. I just threw it all in the trash or gave it away.

The cravings were easily replaced with sugar and junk and hard as fuck workouts and sex/jacking off.

You might put on a few pounds because your metabolism is going to drop, test levels will lower a bit, and you'll eat more and probably replace cigs with food or drink of somekind.

But after the cravings are gone you'll be able to have a normal appetite because the cravings won't be replaced with mindless eating and drinking. And you'll be able to smell and taste things again plus the added energy will allow you to move your ass more and burn more energty.

Thank you for the positive response. It's always refreshing seeing people come on top of this addiction

What % of my low bar squat should i be able to high bar and front squat if i have never done them before?

Started lifting three days ago. Some simple hammer and concentration curls to see what I was working with. Got too excited and I think I have what the health experts call Tendonitis? My lower biceps near the elbow joint hurt like a motherfucker to bend beyond a 75 degree angle.

Does this heal? And if so, how long until I can start lifting again?

Could just be severe DOMS if you're a total noob to lifting and went overboard. Either way, take an NSAID (advil) and rest your arms for a few days. Also massage the shit out of any surrounding muscles to your elbow.

I can lowbar squat 405 lbs to parallel, but my legs are still skinny. Should I switch to High Bar squats to develop my quads more? How do I get big quads? I thought squats were good enough for legs.

How do I remove the rancid smell of protein from my blender? I gotta get a new one huh.

>grandmaster gains

fucking love it

Can someone explain cutting/bulking to me and when you should do either?

y'know user, there's a great place you can learn about them!

IN THE FUCKING STICKY

have you washed it?

Yeah I left it overnight with soap in it too, seems like it's permanent.

Try baking soda

also wanna know thoughts on keto. trying it out and getting v good results, but I've see people get roasted in the past for bringing it up.

the fact you soaked it overnight proves you let the shit cake on in the first place.

The lesson is do your damn dishes, don't leave them for tomorrow.

keto is fine, particularly good for fatties since it cannibalizes everything so fast.

Zoe?

I'll try that, thanks.

I always wash it after I'm done drinking, but after continual use it seems that the smell stuck, it's not really much of a big deal right now since I just chug it down but I feel like it'll get worse.

Just work up from the bar until it feels right, it will take less than five minutes

I'm on day five of no-fap and I find that I have to piss every hour is correlated?

>Monday, Tuesday, Thuraday, Friday is hypertrophy and strength training
>Wednesday and Sunday are HIIT days and mental gain days
>Saturday is spiritual gain days.

Why does my routine make me feel empty on the inside? When does self improvement start producing a self image that gratifies myself? I only feel like being alone while i slowly turn insane.

when bulking is it important to count macros or do you just eat TDEE+500 and getting enough protein
is it same for cutting?

Macros aren't so important as long as you hit ~0.8 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight.

My routine
>>day 1: upper body and cardio
>>day 2: legs and cardio
>>day 3: back and cardio

What do you guys think of this?
Anyway to improve and gain muscle/lose fat?

Looks good to me.

G flux is a theory that higher exercise levels, even with eating at maintenance as a control factor, will lead to a lower BF%. It makes sense to me, although it goes against "calories in/calories out" to a small extent. Overall I think CinCout is a good lesson for people looking to lose or gain weight, but I don't think it tells the whole story.

t-nation.com/diet-fat-loss/g-flux-redux

What's the name of that Veeky Forums manga with the azn qt who takes a blonde unfit qt to the gym and teaches her about lifts/stretching etc?

boku no keto

I found some protein powder that my brother bought a couple months ago that he almost never used. The brand is called Precision Engineered and its called Syntha Phase. Is it any good?

Could a fatfag that is counting calories and doing cardio use it for a meal replacement or something?

When I squat, do I high bar squat or low bar squat?
One video I saw said some stuff about how low bar uses the exact same movement as a deadlift and it is a repetitive movement.
Wouldn't I fuck up my knees when I high bar it, though?

Is eating McDoubles after lifting a sin?
I mean, theoretically as long as one work out enough, the hamburger is harmless with decent protein.
But still, would eating McD's fuck over my hormones or cause some bullshit health conditions with it's chemical laced beef?

the preservatives in McDonalds meat is greatly overexaggerated. Sure, it's not fresh meat, but it's not gonna fuck anymore than eating any other sort of burger will. Maybe higher in sodium.

As long as you're not doing it multiple times a week you'll be fine.

Either build up a tolerance to caffeine = less effective. Or have a source of nicotine to counteract the caffeine later on.

If you were real serious I guess nicotine gum?
There is a shitload of caffeine in pre workouts.

you've got to jump in like jumping into a pool - go all the way; that is, workout everyday and don't half ass your lifts and diet.

bobby had some serious jaw aesthetics

this is stupid advice for someone who cant even get erect. my advice is that you guys should rotate hips and take deep breaths during sex to get blood moving around. also, wiggle your foot when the girls going to work on you; that's when your blood's concentrating round the groin and not throughout the body.

Is it bad that my back hurts a lot when I'm standing for a really long amount of time? I could walk for an hour and be fine, but standing still for an hour and I feel fucked.

Sometimes I use Garden of Life Organic veg. protein powder. And only drink the chocolate flavored (the unflavored doesn't contain stevia and it tastes horrible). There's also beef isolate protein powders like Carnivor and IsoPrime. But read some reviews before deciding to buy: ultimatefatburner.com/bodybuilding/carnivor.html

Does weightlifting not burn calories? Why does myfitnesspal only count cardio as calories burned?

I got pretty fat legs but a lean upper body. I'm trying to put on weight on my upper body while losing the fat on my legs.

Realistically, what diet should I be going with? A 500 cal bulk or a 500 cut? I'm currently 175 and 6 foot tall

If you aren't happy with the BF% of your legs, you will have to lose overall body fat, so do a cut.