Gym Anxiety

How do you find the modivation to go to the gym?

How do you suppress the anxiety of being in such a place, especially as someone just starting out. Surrounded by Gym rats, cardio cunts and 16 year olds?

I have wanted to get Veeky Forums for little over a year now but can't seem to get over my anxiety's, in turn killing my motivation..

Should I start out with personal trainer? Maybe then I will get into a rhythm..

Level with me here.

When you go in these places, what do you feel like?

I live with anxiety, when I first started going I used to harass the instructors into staying near me or training me. It was a small community gym so it worked out ok. Anyway, over time I have become so used to it, its like a second home to me now.

Keep going, keep getting more confident in what you are doing, if someone tells you something is wrong they are only helping.

> Start going to gym again
> See two fucking childhood friends I haven't seen in years and years within 5 minutes of each other
> Never want to go back again.

I would have been fine running into them anywhere else, but they're both fucking huge alphas and I'm basically a recovering neet and I really don't want them knowing how big of a mess I am.

how was your trip to the ROM?

Start with a martial art. A good class will build up your skills and give you self confidence. When you get to the point where strength training will help your art the gym will come easily.

Fuck yes user. Starting BJJ was the best thing ive done this year

go somewhere you can watch old people dance, and you will realize they dont give a fuck, nothing other ppl think about the small mistake you might make matters, fuck them , you're here on this planet to do what you want so do it you fucking massive autist pussy

man i wish i could run into a couple of my besties from my childhood. we could workout together and talk about the good old days.

fuck i'm lonely.

Bjj is great for building confidence. Check out a couple of places to go before deciding. The place I go usually only takes im experienced people so its good to look around before joining one

no one gives a shit about you

Wasn't expecting the first place I went to be fantastic. My cousin goes there too.

Going three times a week and am loving it

>BJJ
blowjjob

am i the only one?

>Bjj is great for building confidence.
and also getting injured

and another ignored wise reply on Veeky Forums

Even the best boxing and muay Thai schools are concussion city, but a quality judo or bjj school will teach proper breakfalling, which end up making them much less injury prone.

Yeah im taking it really slowly. Really easy to get injured rolling with another unexperienced white belt.

Youre more likely to be injured in Judo from the fall. The most common injury in BJJ will be a joint hyper-extension from a submission.

I literally suffer from shit tons of anxiety and am medicated and have no fear of a gym. Once your there you'll realize just reading fit has made you know more than 90 percent of gym goers.

For me it helps going at times when I know no one is there. 2-4am is a ghost town.

I'm a cardio cunt myself

Protip: we don't give a shit about you

Yep, and you are most likely to get injured in boxing from getting punched.
What is your point?

i broke my toe from a judo fall. stopped going to classes after that.

Proper break falling in BJJ wont stop the most injuries

Most common injuries*

Ouch. Im pretty scared of breaking a toe or finger while rolling :/

Well nothing is going to help dumb ass meat heads that don't take care of their rolling partners.

I'll be honest, I had that anxiety too. but it really doesn't take a long time to overcome it, after a few times at the gym it becomes a routine. you'll realise that no one gives a shit what you're doing, or the weight you put on the bar.

to make myself feel better I'd look online how the machines work so I wouldn't look like I didn't know how to rack weights on the leg extension machine

You're there for you, not for others. Why the fuck do you care? I've seen retards doing the stupidest shit in the gym with the biggest and lowest weight, and they walk out not giving six shits from sunday.

Wow you guys sound like massive pussies it's not even funny.

Veeky Forums is probably the most highly rated board when it comes to confidence levels. Maybe /k/ or /out/ after that.

Hell seeing some of the shit Veeky Forums wears on a daily basis I would say they are pretty confident too.

I myself am a massive /pol/ock and have reached a point in my life that I realise itstime to start self improvement if I want to be happy.

Part of that is overcoming my anxiety's and getting Veeky Forums. Once I am at a good level hopfully I will find social interaction easier if I am more confident in my body.

I realise its stupid to be scared of what others think, I think it is just what my subconscious has learned to do from years of isolation.

I have reached a shortage of pussy sincem my last rerelationship collapsed 4 months ago and the laying on my ass until now definitely has not helped.

I gotta try.

>QUESTION

Should I get a LA fitness membership or would the YMCA be a fine place? Money is no issue.

Were you good friends? Even if you weren't the bestest of fuck-buddies go over and say hello, tell them you just started working out again and then shoot the shit with em.

It'll work itself out user.

pure, unadultered anger

You just gotta go and do it. I never benched alone until the first time last week because I have no gym friends and am a weak skelly. If it helps go at a much later time like I do. Less people there to wait on or be intimidated by

Just put on headphones and block everything else out. Even if you start to feel anxious, realize literally no one else gives a shit about you or what you're doing. Everyone there is just focused on themselves.

you have to ask yourself very very clearly if you want to make what you want dependent on people who dont really care about you.

CBT. Go at dead hours typically midnight or when the morning people leave around 10. Work out at those hours for a few weeks. Slowly transition to working out when there's more and more people until you're working out at peak hours

But seriously fuck working out when it's crowded

>Everyone there is just focused on themselves.
That's not true, there are always threads about other people at the gym

I had the same problem, I waited for a PT to be free even though the receptionist told me to go downstairs and try doing some cardio until they were free.

Anyway it took some days until they gave me a routine, so in the meantime I just went there and did cardio.

Now I've been following the routine for a couple of days and want to move on to free weights once I'm comfortable with the machines, but I understand how you feel, I get anxious when I don't remember the machine I'm supposed to use or the things I have to pay attention to, when I notice someone's waiting for me to finish... Push yourself through that, you'll feel proud of you.

the gym anxiety is all in your head bro, nobody gives a shit about you and what you do, not really, so just go and do your thing, ive had that fear when i started but it went away after going 2-3 times, my friend also had a fear like that but i explained it to him and went with him a few times while visiting, also went away, so just stick with it

No one cares and no one will notice you. You have the right to be there and workout. Listen to some chill music, get in, pick heavy stuff up, get out. Set a goal and make sure you are accountable for it.

>gym anxiety

how could you be anxious about going to the gym? I absolutely love going and always have, I honestly can't understand how you'd need to convince yourself to do so.