Who else /ymca/ here?

Who else /ymca/ here?

It's cheap and comfy asfuck

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/CS9OO0S5w2k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Me too. Old people everywhere, the occasional qt. Lots of fit milfs to motivate lifts

>cheap

nigga it's $56/month where I live

agree about the comfy though, mostly old people so the cages are always free

here

got all the weight I need plus a pool and a sauna

I worked at the ymca's child care thing when I was in high school. I quit after a kid with downs shit all over the floor. This kid was 10 years old and i had to restrain him from eating his own shit while the person working with me picked it up, and then as soon as I let him go he figured he would do the next best thing. This boy got down on all fours, looked up at me with the biggest smile ever, and just went to town licking the tile that we had just picked the shit up off of. He had a literal shit-eating grin.

I still have nightmares.

You can't make this shit up

YMCA is comfier than my uni's gym.

>Work part time in the weight room
>Part time as in 5 hours a week
>Free membership
>Never crowded
>Literally get paid to lift
5/5 bretty gud

I think its like $140 for a family pass here in Seattle so a little less than $50 a month for me. But they have a nice hiking trail sharing the same parking lot so its worth.

Feels good being among the strongest there when I'm basically a lanklet

So hard to believe you.

>50 bucks a month
>cheap
That shit better have plenty of power racks, oly platforms, a basketball court, maybe a pool

Comfy, yes. Cheap? Fuck no.

My first year lifting I was spending $41 a month to share freeweights with kids from inner-city Buffalo. The nogs there used to act like fucking animals.

2 full sized basketball courts, swimming pool but only 2 power racks and no oly platforms. They justify it by saying for the price you get to use any YMCA facility in the area (11 or so) which has even less weights/cages but even more cardio machines. Like others said no one really uses them tho unlike at university gyms.

I stay away from the hot tub at my local YMCA, lots of old people, heat must relax their bowels, second time I was in one, an old dude got in, the. A little while later he got out with shit dripping down is leg and his suit netting was holding a turd and stretching out from the clothing part, like a turd basket. I promptly got out, showered, went home, and showered again. Never hot tubed again since that.

what is the YMCA exactly?

Young men's Christian association

$27 here

Not cheap senpai. Nearly 60 a month where I'm at. On a family membership.
Good equipment draw. Plenty of bars, 4 racks, and even an Olympic platform.
My only real problem is that none of the pull up bars is just a simple fucking straight bar. Every one is one of those split bars or multiple grip hammer strength stations.

The only pro to those grips is that they're thick so you get sick forearm gains

I work at a Y in Manhattan as a lifeguard. It's fucking 90 dollars a month. Vast majority of patrons are old people, although 1 time there was a super qt training for the coast Guard test and I asked her out and she said yes and that's the story of how I got my 2nd irl gf

>Go to YMCA Pennoch in Rockford

This video should answer your question

youtu.be/CS9OO0S5w2k

The y in my town is the best gym in town...which is sad as fuck. Honestly the best thing about it is that it opens at 5 am and since Its the best gym around that's where the mayor, police and fire chief, and other important people in town go at that time. It's been great for networking

>irl gf

Nigger wat

The Y is 2 blocks from my house so I go there most often. My other gym is way more better but a 15 minute drive. First world problems.

My Y is a mixed bag. On the plus side, the weight room is almost always empty so I can do whatever retarded workouts I wish, but a negative is that the walls are too damn thick to pick up a network signal on my phone, and their wifi is spotty as shit. It's only a partial negative though; The signal picks back up near the treadmills so I can use it for cardio, where it's a good bit more useful to me. I can lift without music, but running on a treadmill without it is shit. As far as who goes, it's your typical crowd of urban youths and old people.

>tfw only one squat rack that's almost always in use

Work with children, especially special needs, and its really not an impossibility.