Weighted Vests/Clothing

Does anyone use weighted gear for their workouts? How would you rate them? Do you run/do cardio with them on, or just lift?

Don't. It's stupid

Obviously just look at rock lee from naruto

I know piccolo wore weighted clothes and it seemed to help him with cell

Dunno about real life tho

Don't do any type of weighted cardio like that. All it will do is fuck up your joints.

I wear a giant turtle shell on my back while doing farm work and other chores that involve rigorous functional strength movements. I am now one of the strongest humans on the planet. Can't recommend enough OP

just get fat and then cut if thats your game

yeah, like others said, its commonly thought that weighted gear is harmful for your joints, and although i cant explain the science behind it, it seems legit

theres a reason severely obese people have joint problems

and while wearing weighted gear isnt the same as being severely obese, the sudden significant increase in weight is something your body/joints arent used to, as opposed to an obese person that got big over time

maybe just keep lifting/grow muscle, and then as you gain weight, your muscles will be the weighted gear that you carry around at all times

or wear weighted gear and be like brock lee
and end up with fucking up everything in his body
that nigga always wearing bandages for a reason yo

I use one for when I do basic shit like push ups and pull ups, but cardio in it sounds retarded like the others are saying.

Weighted vests get used a lot by firefighters (standardized fitness tests), and I use them a lot on stairclimber workouts. Nothing fast, just moderate climbing speed with the extra weight.

>Does anyone use weighted gear for their workouts?
No
>How would you rate them?
0/10
>Do you run/do cardio with them on, or just lift?
Using a weight vest while running will fuck up your joints.

retards

Yeah I use Titin vest for my cardio, it supposedly distributes the weight evenly so it won't have such a toll in the joints. Just in case I use running knee straps.
It's been helping me with my Cardio and VO2 max, no real joint problems.
Would recommend

There's a reason proper form is so important to injury management, and incorporating weighted aerobics into your routine is some Crossfit level "Just fuck me up".

If your current cardio routine is failing to satisfy, do it faster. Don't blow out your fucking knees or wrists using this weighted shit.

Fatass here. Been thinking about using a weighted vest as lose weight for bodyweight exercises. My theory is that I already have fatguy strength and if I use a weighted vest, adding as much weight as I lose, I'll maintain the fatguy strength. Maybe not a 1:1 lose/add, but maybe add 5lbs for every 10lbs lost. Stupid or not?

Just use a backpack

Don't listen to these nu-males with pussy joints

dude. if you are fatass do yourself a favour and start with a daily brisk walk of an hour on an empty stomach in the morning.

save your joints and get used to discipline and sticking to something.

do not run with weighted shit on you, it will fuck your legs up, you can walk but thats about it. works better with pullups and squats and movements of that nature

I bought one for training but the most I do is walk with it. Want to do a hike through of the aptrail so I figured why not.

>theres a reason severely obese people have joint problems

Because they're carrying an extra 200+ pounds that can't be removed at will

that sounds like the point he was trying to make

I use a vest for bodyweight circuits and sometimes for light cardio. Over doing it will wreck your joints though.
Also ask yourself why the fuck you need to train with a vest. Unless you have a job\hobby that requires you to wear one, don't.